aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034321 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2535 on: November 27, 2020, 05:00:34 am »
Does anyone know where I can find Old Versions of XPiratez?
Like for example versions back to B or C or D.

They're still on my Mediafire account.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: November 27, 2020, 11:57:57 pm »
How can I access the "DIsruptive Transmissions" quests?

Not sure exactly what you mean, so i was answer expansively. The missions themselves are a time based spawn iirc. To go to the mission you need a craft with space capacity. Most interceptors count. Battery powered craft do not. For an actual easy clear you need a proper space transport like pachyderm or deliverator.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: November 28, 2020, 04:26:33 am »
Does anyone know where I can find
Spoiler:
the Technocracy datapad or the tome of life?
  I'm in the endgame building up fuel capsules and I'm pretty sure those two are the only avenues I can still research but I'm not exactly sure where they are.  I assume they are either from a rare mission that hasn't spawned yet or rare loot from a mission I've done, but I would like confirmation.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: December 01, 2020, 09:06:23 pm »
They're still on my Mediafire account.
But, umm, where is that?

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: December 03, 2020, 11:43:57 pm »
So, I got this Simulacrum thing assembled and delivered to the HQ Base. Now, what to do with it?

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: December 04, 2020, 02:52:26 am »
So, I got this Simulacrum thing assembled and delivered to the HQ Base. Now, what to do with it?
From what I've gathered on online pedia, a new option should become available in HANDS screen under Transformation Overview. Creating a Chort by sacrificing your Gal or something. You may or may not need a particular building present (service) in the base where assembled Simulacrum is. Either that or simply a new manufacture option for Chort recruitment.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: December 04, 2020, 09:39:58 am »
TYVM, Nilex, So, take her and the Simulacrum to the Red Mages'...

Offline Meza

• Squaddie
  • 1st time played X-COM in far 1996!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: December 04, 2020, 10:56:29 am »
Hello guys! Could you please advice me - where the hell i can get necro pirate or the thing i really need - Longbow Tarnian Arrows?

Got stuck w/o this kind of arrows, can't find solution. Thanks in advance!

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: December 04, 2020, 02:52:20 pm »
Necropirate research seem to be the only way to get them. They are exclusive crew to particular ship very distinctly resembling a WW2 B-17 Flying Fortress (no shipping pedia entry exists for it), flying at low speed of 200. You cannot miss it for anything else. Now if there is a prior research that unlocks B-17 appearing on the globe I don't know. I had about 5 such missions in my 1st year by researching all paths pretty much equally. Sounds like you just got unlucky.

If you are not willing to wait and be in the mercy of RNG there's a way to force the plane appearing of the globe (or easier: edit existing crashed site) by adding/editing appropriate string in appropriate place in the save file. You can extract the string from "Piratez_Factions.rul". I believe it's "STR_MISSION_NECROPIRATE_HUNT" but who knows. It looks like in some cases Necropirates stop appearing altogether after 7th month so save editing might be the only solution.

If I come across them again I could copy+paste the section to include in your own save.

There's is another way by simply marking the arrows as researched (probably) but dunno if that would mark all the right flags that it indeed was properly researched via normal means (dependencies, production, etc.). Might even cause irreversible damage so I wouldn't risk losing more than I'd gain.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2544 on: December 04, 2020, 03:03:36 pm »
If you are not willing to wait and be in the mercy of RNG there's a way to force the plane appearing of the globe (or easier: edit existing crashed site) by adding/editing appropriate string in appropriate place in the save file. You can extract the string from "Piratez_Factions.rul". I believe it's "STR_MISSION_NECROPIRATE_HUNT" but who knows. It looks like in some cases Necropirates stop appearing altogether after 7th month so save editing might be the only solution.

The Taberna Del Diablo always spawns, so you can't really miss necropirates now, even if you miss these flights.

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: December 04, 2020, 05:04:16 pm »
I just had that Taberna mission the other day.  It was quite a surprise, and (spoiler, sort of) I couldn't understand why my gals were getting hit with nobody there.  Thank goodness for my Mutant medic!

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: December 05, 2020, 11:30:49 am »
So I'm gonna create that horned one. Am very interested in what will ... she? ... be capable of.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: December 07, 2020, 06:24:26 am »
yay, superb anew release! thank you all much

still 1little ..notice: 
- New Weapons: More Mines {Fire, Stun, Acid, EMP, WP, .... , PS-Frag,..etc, etc..)

- and yet antitank, such heavy mine

(just stronger and bigg'er 1 than those previously ones)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 05:13:11 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline Meza

• Squaddie
  • 1st time played X-COM in far 1996!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: December 07, 2020, 11:46:42 am »
Thx for advice guys! 68 month and i still cant gen any STR_LONGBOW_QUIVER_TARNIAN or that mission - Del Diablo. Just jumped to L6 and trying to add this arrows into my save file - cant exactly understand how to do it.

UPD - it's ok! I've add it to my research list. Show must go on with my ladies!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 04:48:40 pm by Meza »

Offline ZoA

• Captain
  • Please don't go. The drones need you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: December 07, 2020, 10:17:59 pm »
I'm kinda  interested in people's experience with nigh missions. I did quite a few various night missions with Shadowbat, and focused on busting gal's Nightingale condemnations and had a rather mixed result. Sometimes it works ok, but often it seems like enemy can spot my gals, sometimes even Lokk'Naars , at ranges they should not be able to do so even when I'm sure they are in the darkness like say on top of Shadowbat wings.

Am i missing some game mechanics, or are there some bugs i don't know or am i just imagining things? How is everyone else doing with night missions? Tactical tips would be appreciated.