Author Topic: Want to help?  (Read 92305 times)

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Want to help?
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2019, 06:07:21 am »
Wow, they do look much better! Appreciated. I'll use it and credit you appropriately.

In other news:
In response to the community's sudden interest in mapping I have created a short guide to help you guys start. You can find it here: http://thexcomfiles.xyz/Mapping_manual_0.1.pdf (currently down as we're fixing things, should be back up later today).

I cannot download it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2019, 03:35:02 pm »
I cannot download it.

Sorry, the portal was down for a few hours yesterday (early installment kinks). Should be fine now.

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2020, 05:07:35 pm »
Do you mind if I post your new x-com mapping guide in the /r/xcom? I know most users there are only interested in the remakes, but you never know where someone talented and interested may lie.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2020, 07:55:48 pm »
Do you mind if I post your new x-com mapping guide in the /r/xcom? I know most users there are only interested in the remakes, but you never know where someone talented and interested may lie.

Of course, go ahead! And if you don't mind, put the link here.

If there are any recurring questions, I can make an addendum.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
Re: Want to help? (Hope these help.)
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2020, 02:00:43 pm »
I was messing around in The X-Com Files resource folder and noticed that the Taser Cannon's HandOb has a higher amount of detail than that weapon's FloorOb. So I was thinking that perhaps the front facing HandOb frame would make a better FloorOb in this case?

Also the dimensions for the FloorObs for both the Taser Cannon and its ammo were 32x48 instead of 32x40 causing most of the image to be cut off when rendered on the battlescape. I have attached resized versions to this post for convenience.

As an additional bonus a HandOb for the Taser Cannon Clip has also been fashioned from the item's FloorOb.

Original FloorOb / New FloorOb:

Resized FloorOb for Taser Cannon Clip:

HandOb for Taser Cannon Clip:

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
Re: Want to help? (Hope these help.)
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2020, 09:40:24 pm »
I was messing around in The X-Com Files resource folder and noticed that the Taser Cannon's HandOb has a higher amount of detail than that weapon's FloorOb. So I was thinking that perhaps the front facing

Handcrafted artwork would be ever a lot better than generated  ;D

Offline palmic

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2020, 12:05:02 pm »
Hi guys, thank you for such a great modification, i am playing now for few days in row and i am having a blast :)

I have a few questions and i hope its not of topic here:
  • What does the white dot at gun slot in combat mean (i can toggle it by right mouse button on the slot)
  • Can i block interrupts? I have a problem with it when the character has unspent points he sometimes interrupts and cause friendly fire. I would like to block it if i know i dont want him interrupting.

Offline Xenotrenium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2020, 01:05:48 pm »
Hi guys, thank you for such a great modification, i am playing now for few days in row and i am having a blast :)

I have a few questions and i hope its not of topic here:
  • What does the white dot at gun slot in combat mean (i can toggle it by right mouse button on the slot)
  • Can i block interrupts? I have a problem with it when the character has unspent points he sometimes interrupts and cause friendly fire. I would like to block it if i know i dont want him interrupting.

Probably wrong thread but:
1. I don't think that does anything at all, but take it from someone else if I am mistaken.
2. You can expend all time units to make reaction fire impossible. There is a hotkey (delete?) or you can right-click on the option (big tall button) that says so. It is next to the other buttons such as kneel or reserve TUs.

Offline palmic

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2020, 01:06:39 pm »
thanks

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2020, 01:18:40 pm »
1. I don't think that does anything at all, but take it from someone else if I am mistaken.

why would we do something that doesn't do anything??

it is an indicator of preferred reaction weapon

Offline palmic

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2020, 05:42:34 pm »
why would we do something that doesn't do anything??

it is an indicator of preferred reaction weapon

Yaee!! :thumbsup:

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2021, 08:40:00 pm »
Guys, the time has come to add random sounds to environments, and you can be a part of that if you like.

The idea is to add some noises matching the environment which could be heard at random during a battle. For example a jungle could have birds singing or monkey screams, desert could have various wind whooshes, and city could have coming and going ambulance sirens or, I dunno, hobos hollering in the distance (okay maybe not, but you get the picture).

If you have some clean, usable sound files of this sort, I'd appreciate if you could share them.

Offline GRUNCHmitCH

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2021, 10:47:42 am »
first thing come to my mind is the "tüdeldidü" from beginning of xfiles theme...when enemy is spotted or something. (like 1-2 seconds into theme...)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 11:08:32 am by GRUNCHmitCH »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2021, 05:55:21 pm »
OK, any real suggestions?