aliens

Author Topic: Want to help?  (Read 94505 times)

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Want to help?
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2018, 11:28:13 pm »
Same as above, mirrored.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2018, 07:05:44 am »
There were cloning facilities, but I don't remember seeing Hybrid Infiltrators being cloned. Here are some.

Image 2 has the blue swimsuit as on the screenshots, 3 is the green swimsuit infiltrators normally wear. The images are too high to use as a map block. 4 and 5 are the same tanks squeezed into 32x40 — I removed the bottom and shortened the glass cover. 6 and 7 are the tanks cut in two, with the same head for both.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2018, 04:57:40 pm »
Great stuff.
I didn't like the two-level sprites, it will be very difficult to make them look correctly. So I went with the singular tile and adjusted its size.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2018, 01:17:09 am »
Have you seen this list?
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/things-x-com-operatives-are-no-longer-allowed-to-do.284731/

While many of them only apply to the remake, some will make great "staff input". I liked item 136 (slightly shortened):
RnD appreciates the number of intact corpses and live captures X-COM Agents are able to bring back from the field. They do not, however, appreciate these samples coming in crudely drawn mustaches, monocles and top hats being drawn onto them. Lipstick and other makeup products… do I really need to explain this to you?
Mutons are allergic to face paint and the itchiness causes them to recover consciousness more quickly than expected. Stop it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2018, 02:00:09 pm »
Have you seen this list?
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/things-x-com-operatives-are-no-longer-allowed-to-do.284731/

While many of them only apply to the remake, some will make great "staff input". I liked item 136 (slightly shortened):
RnD appreciates the number of intact corpses and live captures X-COM Agents are able to bring back from the field. They do not, however, appreciate these samples coming in crudely drawn mustaches, monocles and top hats being drawn onto them. Lipstick and other makeup products… do I really need to explain this to you?
Mutons are allergic to face paint and the itchiness causes them to recover consciousness more quickly than expected. Stop it.

While indeed some entries from there would fit, this document has circulated the net for years and I don't think it would be okay to include it in X-Com Files. Even if the authors (whoever they are) were okay with it, many people in the community know it, so using it in the mod would produce an effect which is pretty sour, I think.

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2018, 03:02:41 pm »
Here's my attempt at adding a new Staff Input article.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2018, 03:30:28 pm »
Here's my attempt at adding a new Staff Input article.

Good one! Taken! :)

(But I'll make it a bit more random; it will be available after laser weapons manufacturing, but from different sources.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 03:32:28 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2018, 11:40:23 pm »
Turns out, there already are some nice Arab/Bedouine inentory pictures in the Dune mod: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2957.0.html

Bedouin_1m1.png, Bedouin_1m2.png, FedaykinBedouin_1m1.png and FedaykinBedouin_1m2.png are samples of what the mod has (other 12 have wrong skin colours or uncovered heads).

Arab1.png, Arab2.png, Bedouin_warrior1.png, Bedouin_warrior2.png, Bedouin1.png and Bedouin2.png are my recolours to match your sprites.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2018, 03:18:42 pm »
Very nice, but I just got a paperdoll from Augur.

Offline Mind Flow

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2019, 12:02:15 pm »
Hello. 
I think you can use some pictures / text from the game "Area 51 (2005)" for ufopedia.
Databank & screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SLk08mWTESGY1jl-5vEwtHH7-wMiveFq

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2019, 11:14:15 am »
Thanks. Never heard of it, but I'll have a look.

Offline Arcalane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2019, 06:32:44 am »
I don't know if you're taking music recommendations, but this seemed like the place to put it. Anyway - some of SWAT4's music might work well, e.g.;

Auto Center - Stealth

Depending on the tracks (and there are quite a few if you count all the stealth/action variants), could either work for early anti-cult/anti-hybrid missions, or more general ominous mystery stuff maybe.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2019, 01:53:53 pm »
Thanks. I am not looking for new music right now, but suggestions never hurt.

EDIT: I have edited the initial list a little.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2019, 12:17:41 pm »
I was digging around inside The X-Com Files resource folder (As one does...) and noticed that your Multi-Launcher (White) FloorOb & HandOb were a bit different from that weapon's BigOb colour scheme so I took a crack at editing them.

Here is the original version:

Here is the recoloured version:

From my brief tests using these sprites I've found that it is a bit easier to visually identify whether a soldier is holding the white or gray incarnation of the Multi-Launcher.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 03:10:19 pm by The Martian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2019, 08:36:16 pm »
Wow, they do look much better! Appreciated. I'll use it and credit you appropriately.

In other news:
In response to the community's sudden interest in mapping I have created a short guide to help you guys start. You can find it here: http://thexcomfiles.xyz/Mapping_manual_0.1.pdf (currently down as we're fixing things, should be back up later today).