Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072822 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1065 on: April 15, 2018, 03:52:14 pm »
The flight of an arrow in space will be unstable. The plumage of the arrow has nothing to "lean on". Maybe even somersault

Hmm, good point... I'm convinced.

I finally maanged to acquire the Arrow craft... But unfortunately I cannot use it.
I got a Mothballed CF-something Arrow that implies you can tinker with the Workshop/s, but there's no option to do anything with it. I tried unlocking Promotion 3 and Advanced Flight, but it doesn't work. Of course, I left an Hangar free in case that was the issue, but no dice.

Am I missing something, or is this bugged?

OK, I'll check.

As for the Laser Cannon, I think it was made "buyable" so that you couldn't spam creating and selling them like the vanilla game.

No, for exactly this reason. :)

EDIT: Identified and fixed the problem with the Arrow.

In manufacture_XCOMFILES.rul:

There is:
Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_ARROW
    category: STR_CRAFT
    requires:
      - STR_ARROW
    space: 20
    time: 2000
    cost: 60000
    requiredItems:
      STR_MOTHBALLED_ARROW: 1
    listOrder: 748

Should be:

Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_ARROW
    category: STR_CRAFT
    requires:
      - STR_ARROW_INVESTIGATION
    space: 20
    time: 2000
    cost: 60000
    requiredItems:
      STR_MOTHBALLED_ARROW: 1
    listOrder: 748
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:09:47 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 15, 2018, 07:51:27 pm »
Here's an interesting bug for those, like me, who don't have a lot of money!  ;)

I saw that Hazmat suits can be bought. I didn't buy any.  :-[
I had my first "Ooze" mission! The game advises me to have Hazmat outfits!
I sent my soldiers in their standard armor.
Surprise! On the field the game equipped all my soldiers with Hazmat outfits!
Awesome! I saved a lot of money!  :)   ;)

Translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 16, 2018, 07:46:02 pm »
Here's an interesting bug for those, like me, who don't have a lot of money!  ;)

It's not a bug, though... Exactly as designed :)

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 17, 2018, 02:44:42 pm »
It's not a bug, though... Exactly as designed
Thank you very much !
I just understood when I read the file startingConditions_XCOMFILES.rul !  :)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 18, 2018, 07:52:31 pm »
There's a rather annoying bug I found: You can research and buy UAC Chainguns, but not the ammo, that cannot be bought for unknown reasons.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 18, 2018, 08:26:28 pm »
There's a rather annoying bug I found: You can research and buy UAC Chainguns, but not the ammo, that cannot be bought for unknown reasons.

Indeed! Thanks for the report, fixed.

Offline DIhlo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 20, 2018, 01:26:23 pm »
Just ran a Concerned Citizens mission, and although I had flashlights on board the van they were not accesible during the equipment phase or in the mission itself. I'm pretty sure that was not the case on previous missions of this type I ran on earlier version of the mod (I started at 0.8.7 now using 0.8.8). I double checked after the mission, in case I was mistaken, and yes flashlights are equiped on that van. I checked the UFOpedia and they are not marked as concealable... they are still marked as sporting and beach equipment though. That seems like a bug to me.

Really liking the mod in general, thank you for your work!

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 20, 2018, 02:27:50 pm »
You have two options:
- cheat: modify the 'items_XCOMFILES.rul' file to make the STR_MAG_LITE with 'STR_CONCEALABLE' !
or
- use 'ELECTRO_FLARE' !
 ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 20, 2018, 08:10:46 pm »
Yeah, the torch should be Concealable. Sorry!

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 23, 2018, 06:45:20 pm »
The rare "Deep Ones Attack!" mission where they gather human sacrifices is still borked a little to this day: The "human sacrifices" can't be done much except to sell them for pennies and you can capture Deep One Chieftain that sadly don't give you anything despite having unique names.

Meanwhile, some of the Cult of Apocalypse missions are also a bit weird: Those that are about riots and the like you can fight against "enemy civvies" that give you nothing upon being captured, not sure if intended. Is there a way to decrease the priority of this faction during mission generation each month?

Lastly, not a bug, but I was wondering if there's planned more stuff for the Pulse Weapons: There's a pistol, a rifle and a bigger gun and little else. Are there plans to develop shotgun and sniper rifle versions? Otherwise, they seem to be intended to be combined with Black Ops stuff using AA ammo.

One more thing: The MAGMA help missions where you fight tanks and other robots, you cannot capture or get the scraps of any enemy. Is this also intended, or to be implemented later? 

EDIT: Completed the mission, it was easier than I thought. However, would it be possible to rename friendly mini-tanks to "allied minitanks" or something to better distinguish them from enemy ones, Solarius?

EDIT 2:
  I think Alien Electronics is borked or I'm missing something: I have one in my base but I cannot research it. Is that a bug, Solarius?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 11:40:02 am by HumanTraitor »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 24, 2018, 11:40:00 am »
The rare "Deep Ones Attack!" mission where they gather human sacrifices is still borked a little to this day: The "human sacrifices" can't be done much except to sell them for pennies and you can capture Deep One Chieftain that sadly don't give you anything despite having unique names.

What else would you like to do with the (failed) human sacrifices? Take them to a date? :) Feel free to roleplay that, but I'm not making The Sims arc yet. :D
I think Chieftains aren't much better informed than normal Deep Ones. I can't remember well, though.

Meanwhile, some of the Cult of Apocalypse missions are also a bit weird: Those that are about riots and the like you can fight against "enemy civvies" that give you nothing upon being captured, not sure if intended. Is there a way to decrease the priority of this faction during mission generation each month?

Eh, it's fairly rare already. Not sure what your problem is, are these missions more boring than other or something?

Lastly, not a bug, but I was wondering if there's planned more stuff for the Pulse Weapons: There's a pistol, a rifle and a bigger gun and little else. Are there plans to develop shotgun and sniper rifle versions? Otherwise, they seem to be intended to be combined with Black Ops stuff using AA ammo.

No such plans at the moment.

One more thing: The MAGMA help missions where you fight tanks and other robots, you cannot capture or get the scraps of any enemy. Is this also intended, or to be implemented later?

Rebellious or not, these tanks belong to M.A.G.M.A. And they're your friends, kinda.

EDIT: Completed the mission, it was easier than I thought. However, would it be possible to rename friendly mini-tanks to "allied minitanks" or something to better distinguish them from enemy ones, Solarius?

Could be done, but I'd need to make an extra unit. Just figure it out yourself like a real Commander.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 24, 2018, 11:42:15 am »
What else would you like to do with the (failed) human sacrifices? Take them to a date? :) Feel free to roleplay that, but I'm not making The Sims arc yet. :D
I think Chieftains aren't much better informed than normal Deep Ones. I can't remember well, though.

Well, I expected an ufopaedia entry or something, I'm not sure if these Deep Ones are stronger than normal or something.

Eh, it's fairly rare already. Not sure what your problem is, are these missions more boring than other or something?

Ah, no problem, is just that if you capture enemies or make them surrender, some have a sell value of zero. Just pointing that out.

Another thing:
I think Alien Electronics is borked or I'm missing something: I have one in my base but I cannot research it no matter what. Is that a bug, Solarius?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 24, 2018, 12:37:00 pm »
Well, I expected an ufopaedia entry or something, I'm not sure if these Deep Ones are stronger than normal or something.

They are stronger, yes.

Ah, no problem, is just that if you capture enemies or make them surrender, some have a sell value of zero. Just pointing that out.

That would be a bug, all captured enemies are worth something.

Another thing:
I think Alien Electronics is borked or I'm missing something: I have one in my base but I cannot research it no matter what. Is that a bug, Solarius?

If it is, it's 4 years old. NOT A CHANCE.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 24, 2018, 02:00:41 pm »
If it is, it's 4 years old. NOT A CHANCE.

I think I noticed the problem: Is "Alien Electronics" a thing supposed to be researched alone, or must you get the topic by researching Engineers and Leaders and so on? That's my confusion.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 27, 2018, 12:29:39 pm »
Of course it requires researching some prerequisites first, like 95% of alien tech!
This is a simple Tech Tree Viewer question, not a forum material. Especially in bug reports.

EDIT:

I failed to find any such case. All Apocalypse people have proper sell values.
Please indicate what exactly sells for 0.