aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072999 times)

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #645 on: August 08, 2017, 02:24:05 am »
An agent is drawn over some walls, not under. To reproduce, load the attached quicksave, enable night vision and move view one level up.

And another similar problem — walls are always over the enemy
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:14:20 pm by tkzv »

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 09, 2017, 11:00:40 am »
Aliens which die due to lack of containment facility do not generate corpses as loot.

-- posts merged ---

Sorry for double post : I found a bug where, despite making 2 radar systems for my main base in europe, on the geoscape I have no radar in the base. Still, I have radar on my base in central america. This originally occurred when I built both radar systems starting at the same time, and building / rebuilding does not seem to fix it.

no idea why this is, unsure if its a graphics error (no ring around the euro base, while one on central america base) or if something is preventing the radar from activating

Damn ANNOYING bug, considering the only think keeping me from promotion 3 is capturing an alien  :(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:26:55 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 09, 2017, 02:38:56 pm »
If the option to show radar circles is turned on, then the issue is likely that only the largest circle is drawn, and in the case of XCF, that is the X-Com HQ or Intelligence Center global coverage, which are large-radius, low-detection-chance radars.  Check on the opposite side of the globe for a small circle where that radius goes just beyond what's necessary to cover the globe. This is not a bug.

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 09, 2017, 04:05:07 pm »
hmmn, I see.

Still, I wonder if this can be changes so intel centers / hq can have this effect removed then, or perhaps even have a multi stage radar display.

Offline Lohland

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 09, 2017, 10:00:48 pm »
Not enough of a map

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #650 on: August 09, 2017, 10:39:56 pm »
Not enough of a map

Oops. Fix attached.

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 10, 2017, 08:50:09 am »
Landmine being """unlocked""" in promotion 3 research complete screen is redundant, since its purchasable at promotion 2 with explosives license.

Mikor MGL acquisition at promotion 3 is redundant, or else it unlocks too early once you research it after picking it up off a dead cultist

Is there some reason I cannot use alien containment as a prison cell? I figure it would just be a prison cell with more bits and bobs to contain an alien, and I dont see why I cant put a cultist inside one.

Chasing a UFO causes an IMMENSE lag fluctuation for the entirety of its pursuit, to the point the game is unresponsive.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:08:43 am by mumble »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 10, 2017, 02:54:29 pm »
Chasing a UFO causes an IMMENSE lag fluctuation for the entirety of its pursuit, to the point the game is unresponsive.

There's an option in the menu to predict UFO trajectories when intercepting, but it doesn't work well and it slows the game down, make sure it's turned off.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 10, 2017, 06:36:50 pm »
OK, that's enough... I'm removing that stupid option from the game completely.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 10, 2017, 09:32:54 pm »
Landmine being """unlocked""" in promotion 3 research complete screen is redundant, since its purchasable at promotion 2 with explosives license.

Good point, it was an outdated text.

Mikor MGL acquisition at promotion 3 is redundant, or else it unlocks too early once you research it after picking it up off a dead cultist

Also a bug. Thanks.

Is there some reason I cannot use alien containment as a prison cell? I figure it would just be a prison cell with more bits and bobs to contain an alien, and I dont see why I cant put a cultist inside one.

It should work, but I'm not sure it can be done... I don't think it's such a huge stretch as to agonize over it.

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 11, 2017, 12:24:41 am »
You know, I remember before the function operated WITHOUT lag, but would predict just fine.

Still, if its being removed...oh well.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 11, 2017, 02:00:36 am »
According to the tech tree viewer a psionic laboratory is required to manufacture psiclones and X-Com psiclones. But the descriptions do not say it, and the plan to destroy EXALT involves manufacturing psiclones (not by the player, but still) — long before inventing psionic laboratory.

Which part is wrong? Do you plan to give access to psionics earlier? Make EXALT last longer? Or is it a leftover from an earlier version?

Offline SteamXCOM

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 11, 2017, 02:08:37 am »

Its probably the best, some people start blaming the game itself if a feature like this, even optional is included.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 11, 2017, 08:08:33 pm »
According to the tech tree viewer a psionic laboratory is required to manufacture psiclones and X-Com psiclones. But the descriptions do not say it, and the plan to destroy EXALT involves manufacturing psiclones (not by the player, but still) — long before inventing psionic laboratory.

Which part is wrong? Do you plan to give access to psionics earlier? Make EXALT last longer? Or is it a leftover from an earlier version?

You need to research Psiclone before you get offensive towards EXALT. You don't have to manufacture it.

But yeah, the Psi Lab requirement for just tuning an existing device is a bit much. I'll remove it.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 12, 2017, 01:55:02 pm »
You need to research Psiclone before you get offensive towards EXALT. You don't have to manufacture it.

But yeah, the Psi Lab requirement for just tuning an existing device is a bit much. I'll remove it.
So, adapting captured psiclones would be possible, but manufacturing them would still require capturing a psionic sectoid? Makes sense now.

What about the requirements to use psiclones and flame glove? Would they require psi-lab training?

A couple more bugs:
1. Middle-clicking "Fat Zombie" and "Mongorn Savage" in the "Sell/Sack" screen doesn't display their UFOpaedia pages. I've researched both. Works correctly for other items and prisoners. Base #1 in the attached savegame.

2. Some agents carrying a Xeno shield appear without it in the inventory screen. Most others look correctly. 2 agents in the van 3 at base #2 in the attached savegame. (Sorry I mixed "absent" and "present" in the screenshot names.)

3. I found and researched a sledgehammer (on a tomb guardian), got a message that I can now buy it, but it still doesn't appear on the purchase/hire screen. Bug?

4. Ctrl-J in debug mode does not put zombies and robots to sleep. Is this a bug or by design behaviour?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:34:00 am by tkzv »