Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071663 times)

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #540 on: July 04, 2017, 10:55:02 am »
The nightly installation is not required and not desired.
I gathered as much. I just meant to mention that the directory structure and all configuration files have been created by vanilla version. And I started playing X-Com Files only several days later.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 04, 2017, 10:23:46 pm »
I've encountered another problem. When something explodes, the game may crash with a message:
OpenXcom has crashed: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log.
If this error was unexpected, please report it to the developers.
To reproduce:
Load the attached "tank explodes.sav" — agent "Darya Orlova" is active, 1 enemy is visible — the tank.
Shoot the tank with a shotgun. — 1 hit is usually enough, when the flame mostly disappears, the game crashes.

No crash when I destroy the tank with a grenade launcher. Somehow, grenade explosions don't cause problems.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 04, 2017, 10:27:06 pm »
Sorry, attached a wrong log :) Here's the right one.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 05, 2017, 01:09:27 am »
And another section of staircase becomes Cola vending machine:

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 05, 2017, 11:44:11 am »
I see these malicious cultists are using matter transmutation spells for great effect.  ;D

Just to know: Can you walk on these "mutated tiles", or do these count as destroyed?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #545 on: July 05, 2017, 11:21:22 pm »
I've encountered another problem. When something explodes, the game may crash with a message: To reproduce:
Load the attached "tank explodes.sav" — agent "Darya Orlova" is active, 1 enemy is visible — the tank.
Shoot the tank with a shotgun. — 1 hit is usually enough, when the flame mostly disappears, the game crashes.

No crash when I destroy the tank with a grenade launcher. Somehow, grenade explosions don't cause problems.

I shot the car and finished the mission with no problems. Looks like an issue with mission end, but it works fine for me.

(Also I had to update the save from inventoryslot: NULL to inventoryslot: "NULL". Can't remember where the difference comes from.)

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 06, 2017, 01:08:31 am »
because `NULL` is reserved word in yaml and yaml-cpp butcher string with same value when saving.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 06, 2017, 09:04:06 am »
because `NULL` is reserved word in yaml and yaml-cpp butcher string with same value when saving.

For me, it always saves as "NULL", don't know why for him it saved as NULL...

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 08, 2017, 06:10:50 pm »
I shot the car and finished the mission with no problems. Looks like an issue with mission end, but it works fine for me.

I don't think it's the mission end. There were a few similar occurrences in other missions. Stray bullet hits something, it explodes, game crashes, I reload, the bullet flies elsewhere, crash not reproduced. I'll pay more attention to those from now on.

--- posts merged ---

Another crash. Log and quicksave are attached. Just end the turn and the game segfaults during the enemy turn, suggesting something's missing in a mod.

No crash if any of the agents are visible to enemies at the end of the turn and end up panicked or berserked.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:15:35 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #549 on: July 09, 2017, 03:25:24 pm »
Same as always: can't even load your save due to

Code: [Select]
      inventoryslot: NULL

No idea what you are doing with the game, but it's not saving correctly, and when I fix the save I don't get a crash. In other words, sorry but I'm not debugging this - it's not broken.

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 09, 2017, 04:08:39 pm »
For me, it always saves as "NULL", don't know why for him it saved as NULL...
This probably based on version of yaml-cpp, his exe was compiled with one that have bug that not escape "NULL" string when creating save.
Question is from who he have exe.

As work around in next version I added code that avoid this bug and everyone will be able to load this bugged save.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 09, 2017, 04:51:47 pm »
Same as always: can't even load your save due to

Code: [Select]
      inventoryslot: NULL

No idea what you are doing with the game, but it's not saving correctly, and when I fix the save I don't get a crash. In other words, sorry but I'm not debugging this - it's not broken.

I replaced s/inventoryslot: NULL/inventoryslot: "NULL"/g , loaded the game and still got a similar crash. Then the same with single quotes. Saves and logs are attached.

This probably based on version of yaml-cpp, his exe was compiled with one that have bug that not escape "NULL" string when creating save.
Question is from who he have exe.

As work around in next version I added code that avoid this bug and everyone will be able to load this bugged save.
At least you figured why does it happen :) Here it is: https://github.com/jbeder/yaml-cpp/issues/247

Early on I tried compiling OXCE+ from sources (with the fixed yaml-cpp, among other things), but X-Com Files didn't work right (melee weapons didn't have the "hit" command, for example, same as in vanilla). Then I found the binaries work fine and stopped bothering. Any advices if I try building it again?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 09, 2017, 04:56:30 pm »
Then I found the binaries work fine and stopped bothering.

Which binaries? Where did you download them from?

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 09, 2017, 05:00:51 pm »
Which binaries? Where did you download them from?
From the link in your post: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/#/ExtendedPlus (currently down). The file Extended+-3.8a-80622cd-2017-06-13-jessie-x86_64.7z

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 09, 2017, 05:09:10 pm »
From the link in your post: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/#/ExtendedPlus (currently down). The file Extended+-3.8a-80622cd-2017-06-13-jessie-x86_64.7z

OK thanks, I'll check with Stoddard what yaml-cpp version is used and why it's offline.