Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1112412 times)

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3990 on: January 01, 2024, 01:41:02 pm »
Here's a screenshot of visibility that IMO should not exist from an agent to an alien that is at the tile of the mouse cursor but one level up. There was also at least one similar case when the alien was somewhere in the direction where the mudranger is facing.

In the similar vein I was reminiscing my old report of 'holes' in the front of mudranger when I was watching Stone Lake's SH/IM run (part 57, around 24 minutes). Someone throws a dimension X grenade that lands on top of Mudranger, just by the chute where you go up and down (as far as I can tell). It blasts the front-inside of the mudranger, which should be inaccessible and protected from such outside blasts.

Did someone forget to close the chute when coming back down from top of the mudranger? I suppose this should be an auto-closing door, much like in TFTD (or at least the agents would be trained to close the chute when they come back inside). Maybe a bug in the mudranger definitions?

See the video: https://youtu.be/VdDMIoRj2XA?si=d-5GoVQDMRcNuNW-&t=1449

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3991 on: January 01, 2024, 02:29:57 pm »
The knockout grenade need 440 hours but the gas one need 90.
Its intended?

Yeah; the killing gas is easier to make than the incapacitating one.

Did someone forget to close the chute when coming back down from top of the mudranger? I suppose this should be an auto-closing door, much like in TFTD (or at least the agents would be trained to close the chute when they come back inside). Maybe a bug in the mudranger definitions?

See the video: https://youtu.be/VdDMIoRj2XA?si=d-5GoVQDMRcNuNW-&t=1449

Well, it's just a hole in the floor; no reason a grenade wouldn't fall through it.

It's not like I can do anything about it, there are no "floor doors" in the X-Com engine.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: January 01, 2024, 03:07:45 pm »
Someone throws a dimension X grenade that lands on top of Mudranger, just by the chute where you go up and down (as far as I can tell).
It looks to me like it hits the hatch and falls down to the Mudranger floor. I mean, the top of the APC is not on fire, is it?

Solarius could make it like the TFTD lift floors, impenetrable to weapons but one can move through. But that would clash with the visual, which is a hole in the roof.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: January 02, 2024, 05:40:35 pm »
In various caves there are often locations where you can squeeze through between the walls. But apparently if an enemy unit is camping behind such a crack, you cannot attack it through it. This may also create some confusing situations. So you must either destruct the walls, move aside and depend on reactions or wait the enemy to move. This can also be abused by camping on such spots yourself, to prevent enemies from coming through or attacking you.

See an example in Stone Lake's ep. 53 at 1:33: https://youtu.be/CIUIOFq-wWA?si=LDy4naSf5UJHO6xm&t=5602

I suppose it's engine feature or limitation that you can move through but cannot attack through the crack. Personally I'd say that cave design should avoid such traps. But I doubt this is going to be changed, because the stock answer for all caves-related issues is "just dig through or around the badly constructed map".

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: January 02, 2024, 07:18:05 pm »
I don't know if there fixed it, but there used to be a bug related to this. If your unit is standing next to one of these passageways, and an AI unit tries to walk through, it will fail. But it will not waste TUs and it will not know why it failed. So it will try again. This softlocks the game.

There is even an article about in in the bootypaedia, named Underground Anomalies.

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: January 02, 2024, 10:37:03 pm »
Could you please tell me why my score gonna be reset to Zero on 1st April? Save attached.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: January 02, 2024, 10:41:50 pm »
Most likely scenario: You are on the first day of the new month.

This graph shows the monthly score, *not* the cumulative score. Hence the reset to zero.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: January 02, 2024, 10:56:38 pm »
Yeah. The save isn't even the same as the screenshot, by the way. And has some sort of Beretta fetish. :D

Offline cartman6x6

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: January 05, 2024, 12:52:44 am »
hiya, no sure is of a mod or something, but to try run the game with the new update just give me this error

Error for 'STR_ASSAULT_SUIT_KYBEROS_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_FLYING_SUIT_H_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_FLYING_SUIT_KYBEROS_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_FLYING_SUIT_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_POWER_SUIT_H_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_POWER_SUIT_KYBEROS_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_POWER_SUIT_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_STORMTROOPER_ARMOR_H_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_STORMTROOPER_ARMOR_KYBEROS_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_STORMTROOPER_ARMOR_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: January 05, 2024, 10:13:04 am »
hiya, no sure is of a mod or something, but to try run the game with the new update just give me this error

Error for 'STR_ASSAULT_SUIT_KYBEROS_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_FLYING_SUIT_H_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_FLYING_SUIT_KYBEROS_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_FLYING_SUIT_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_POWER_SUIT_H_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_POWER_SUIT_KYBEROS_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_POWER_SUIT_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_STORMTROOPER_ARMOR_H_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_STORMTROOPER_ARMOR_KYBEROS_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_STORMTROOPER_ARMOR_UC_UNDERWATER': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
What submods are you using?
If you use Arsenal Additions - you need fix from this topic
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,9722.180.html

Offline cartman6x6

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: January 05, 2024, 10:19:25 am »

yep, the mod problem is the arsenal additions and is fixer with the fix of submod

Offline Empiro

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: January 08, 2024, 11:44:36 pm »
I've noticed that the Zombie Isolation / Zombie Outbreak mission has a minor bug where it says that you can bring dogs, but you actually can't.

In addition, this isn't necessarily a bug, but does anyone think that the mission would be way more fun / challenging if it were a single Zombie Infector instead of a Zombie? As it stands, the mission is basically 8 guys rushing upstairs (or if you're lucky sniping from outside) to kill the one zombie while a half dozen civvies are trying to beat it to death.

Offline Stone Lake

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: January 09, 2024, 05:05:08 am »
I've noticed that the Zombie Isolation / Zombie Outbreak mission has a minor bug where it says that you can bring dogs, but you actually can't.
To be precise, it allows "Unarmored (dog)" armor.

if it were a single Zombie Infector instead of a Zombie
So, you rush up the stairs and...kill infector the same way you kill zombie. Or would you allow it to roam free in the hospital first? For "extra fun" and all that.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: January 09, 2024, 09:36:38 pm »
So, you rush up the stairs and...kill infector the same way you kill zombie. Or would you allow it to roam free in the hospital first? For "extra fun" and all that.

I think he means the zombie infecting other civilians. Turning them into zombies as well.
I'm not sure the zombie on this mission has the potential to turn civilians into zombies (I think just kill).
Never got that far, I've always contained the zombie before other civilians were zombified.

But with the amount of civilians on this mission (20+) this could get messy real quick if the zombie was turning all these civilians into more zombies.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 09:42:03 pm by Chuckebaby »

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: January 09, 2024, 10:14:18 pm »
Have the same problem, but with less armors (4 of them). After installing the fix.
Other guy says he deleted "backup file", then everything started working. What is this he talking about?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 10:17:09 pm by Abyss »