Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1098788 times)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3210 on: June 19, 2022, 09:38:58 am »
I am treading on your meat! 8)

Edit: Also, the Dragon Dagger looks kinda bad in-game due to the black outlines and the game being rather dark in places.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 09:43:18 am by Juku121 »

Offline TuffPuff

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: June 20, 2022, 06:27:29 am »
Hello, absolutely loving this mod so far!  It's everything I didn't know I wanted to play.

Having trouble with PSI Skill not increasing, not sure if its a bug or I'm missing something.  Training in the PSI lab seems to work - my high PSI Strength fellows are all finished their training, at 50 or so PSI Skill.  I send them out with PSI amps, they accomplish several successful mind controls but their skill doesn't seem to ever increase.  After many missions of psionic bullying they don't seem to have improved at all beyond that point...

To make sure it wasn't a numbers problem I ran a few missions in debug mode and just spammed morale attacks over and over - despite many successful morale attacks, none of my brainy boys improved psi skill at all. 

Is the Psi-Amp no longer meant to improve the PSI skill, and if so is there another way to increase it?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: June 20, 2022, 01:53:57 pm »
Hello, absolutely loving this mod so far!  It's everything I didn't know I wanted to play.

Having trouble with PSI Skill not increasing, not sure if its a bug or I'm missing something.  Training in the PSI lab seems to work - my high PSI Strength fellows are all finished their training, at 50 or so PSI Skill.  I send them out with PSI amps, they accomplish several successful mind controls but their skill doesn't seem to ever increase.  After many missions of psionic bullying they don't seem to have improved at all beyond that point...

To make sure it wasn't a numbers problem I ran a few missions in debug mode and just spammed morale attacks over and over - despite many successful morale attacks, none of my brainy boys improved psi skill at all. 

Is the Psi-Amp no longer meant to improve the PSI skill, and if so is there another way to increase it?

Check the soldiers.rul for stat caps and training caps, these are different from vanilla.

Offline TuffPuff

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: June 21, 2022, 12:20:19 am »
Check the soldiers.rul for stat caps and training caps, these are different from vanilla.
Ah, thank you.  So it is intended to cap at 50, and the only way to increase it further is with transformations and a few commendations...  I guess its better to avoid trivializing battles with super psychics.
 Appreciate the help!

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: June 21, 2022, 05:31:15 am »
I guess its better to avoid trivializing battles with super psychics.
The super psychics are still there. :) They're just not your starter agents anymore.

Edit: "Why I can't goes there? I good boy!"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 12:46:19 am by Juku121 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3215 on: June 23, 2022, 01:33:42 pm »
I already made some. Unless you want them for yourself, I'm cool.

I did it myself in the meantime, thanks.
Anyway, it's done now.

I am treading on your meat! 8)

Haha :) Thanks, fixed.

Edit: Also, the Dragon Dagger looks kinda bad in-game due to the black outlines and the game being rather dark in places.

I did my best; this palette doesn't handle reds too well, I don't want this dagger to be too pinkish.

Edit: "Why I can't goes there? I good boy!"

This terrain, I swear...
Fixed now.

Also, @TuffPuff: thank you, and have fun playing!

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: July 03, 2022, 11:38:59 am »
Napalm grenade manufacturing needs Promotion III, but you can buy Napalm for the Grenade Launcher without Promotion III.

Offline ultrafon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: July 03, 2022, 06:00:24 pm »
In the Cyberweb portal mission is a room with ladders which do no work as elevator. So the soldier ended up trapped in there (from the place in upper level he just fell down).

More in attachments.

-ultrafon-

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3218 on: July 04, 2022, 09:43:46 am »
Napalm grenade manufacturing needs Promotion III, but you can buy Napalm for the Grenade Launcher without Promotion III.

Good point. Fixed.

In the Cyberweb portal mission is a room with ladders which do no work as elevator. So the soldier ended up trapped in there (from the place in upper level he just fell down).

More in attachments.

-ultrafon-

Thanks, but this gets reported regularly and I don't know how to solve this without rebuilding the tilesets (and that would be a major pain).

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: July 04, 2022, 01:19:38 pm »
Thanks, but this gets reported regularly and I don't know how to solve this without rebuilding the tilesets (and that would be a major pain).
Does "GravLift" only work for ground tiles? I really wish there was some better documentation for the mapeditor and MCD entries.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: July 06, 2022, 06:38:13 pm »
Not sure if it's a bug, but who is meeting whom exactly in the T'leth Embassy? There's only a Sorcerer and a bunch of Deep Ones and maybe Gillmen. The latter seem to be serving the Cult already, going by garrison rolls in bigger Dagonite installations.

Edit: The Spirit of Dagon is back! And this time it's not some cultist's pointy head sticking out from the ground (unless they've learned digging in the meanwhile :P ).

Edit2: Are the ghosts meant to not show their weapons on the Battlescape?

Edit3: What's this place supposed to be? Is it where they put the plank? :P
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 12:26:44 am by Juku121 »

Offline Rag

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: July 09, 2022, 03:12:56 am »
Noticed the Tritanium Kukri isn't in the listed weapons for the Warrior award so doesn't give the award for using it, just a small thing since everyone else probably used the tritanium knife instead which does give Warrior awards but thought would mention anyway.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: July 09, 2022, 11:28:28 pm »
This is probably not intended: Dart weapons (and probably the vampire bite, too) suffer from an invisible nerf. Namely, non-stun-damage weapons that do mainly stun damage get said stun damage randomised, effectively halving their damage. And I wondered what made them so bad.

Offline Rag

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: July 11, 2022, 11:24:59 pm »
I had a problematic map in the Vampire Castle for multiple reasons. It seemed unwinnable but with heavy explosives and re-loading to mitigate sanity drain penalty it was beatable.

First this tomb spawned where I couldn't enter it on foot at the courner of the map, luckily the enemy inside did come out when I was close enough and ended turn, I also had flying suits.

Second and most problematic this enemy spawned in an inaccessible area beneath one of the large staircases, there was 2 layers of tunnels but even those didn't reach it.

Blasting through the staircases to reach the enemy took 2-3 large rockets from a rocket launcher with knowing where it was thanks to bug hunt, alien grenades and laser weapons didn't scatch the terrain.

Finally I sent this agent down to a tunnel network to kill the enemies inside, but they were stuck down here unable to get back up and the tunnel didn't lead anywhere (might be unclear due to the isometric view but the section with the gallows is higher than the area the agent is at). So if I was on Ironman and had to abandon the mission I would have lost them, fortunately I wasn't.

Edit: oh I did some searching and it seems others mentioned problems with the Vampire Castle before so guess its already known but will leave it up anyway incase helpful. That'll teach me for not searching before taking the time to compile pictures about it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 11:40:50 pm by Rag »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: July 12, 2022, 06:11:11 am »
What are these? Sandgulls? ::)