aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071798 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3030 on: December 25, 2021, 12:27:25 pm »
Unfortunately I am unable to determine the cause. It's not a normal terrain problem, since the unit paths through that place normally and only stops when reaching this point.

I hope someone who can run the game in debug mode can help with that some day.

this guy standing on the stairs below blocks the tile with his head sticking out/through
after killing him, you can move
@Solarius Scorch that spot on the stairs going nowhere doesn't seem like a valid spawn point... I'd remove it

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3031 on: December 26, 2021, 08:53:05 pm »
It looks like the spirit of Dagon is still blocking this passage after all these years. It's driving me nuts every time I have to go past there. :'(

Fixed with Meridian's help. This one was pretty tricky!

I forgot to mention something else that I'm pretty sure is a bug. The new faces don't seem to have names assigned to them.

I haven't given them any yet.

X-Com does not discriminate. Even if you have no arms. We'll just stuff you into an armoured suit and hang some gauntlets from the stumps. :D

Goes for the other suit as well.

Heh, yeah... Fixed.

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: January 03, 2022, 10:48:23 pm »
All cult safehouse, hideout, and base missions have stopped generating completely. When I attempted to force one to appear by editing a save, I was given an error message saying the specified region did not exist. The same thing happened for the crop circles missions too. This was all on a clean save.

I have also encountered a similar error in an older save, this time affecting the Syndicate Lab mission. The save in question is attached.

Could there have been an error in the zone changes you've been making lately?

EDIT: Disregard, updating OXCE to newest version seems to have fixed it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 11:17:22 pm by anothrgamer1234 »

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: January 07, 2022, 09:45:54 pm »
Another zone-related bug, this time with an Osiron nest mission being generated in a zone that doesn't exist. The crash happens around the 4th or so using the save attached. Trying to manually edit the missionSiteZone variable simply had it appear in an entirely different nonexistent zone, as did updating OXCE to the most recent nightly.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 03:12:04 am by anothrgamer1234 »

Offline pikraft

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: January 10, 2022, 05:44:27 am »
game crashes when attempting to do the UAC weapon distribution mission, because "Sprite Set XCOM_237.PCK not found"

This was on mod version 2.1, but i'm not sure updating to 2.1b would fix it

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: January 10, 2022, 08:07:59 pm »
For those who do not run the game (for versions XCF 2.0 and above, and probably below) on versions OXCE 7.3 or 7.4 - gives an error with "STR_DOOM_HELL_BARON_WEAPON":
1. Open with any notepad file "...\OpenUfo\user\mods\XComFiles\Ruleset\items_XCOMFILES.rul".
2. Find the line " - type: STR_DOOM_HELL_BARON_WEAPON".
3. Just below it, change at the line "    fireSound: 402" value from 402 to 420 to get "    fireSound: 420".
4. Save the file and play.

Here I attach a corrected file for version XCF 2.1b. If you have a different version of mod, the replacement of this file can break the game - in that case edit the file manually, as described above.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 08:13:49 pm by Kozinsky »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: January 12, 2022, 04:17:33 pm »
All cult safehouse, hideout, and base missions have stopped generating completely. When I attempted to force one to appear by editing a save, I was given an error message saying the specified region did not exist. The same thing happened for the crop circles missions too. This was all on a clean save.

I have also encountered a similar error in an older save, this time affecting the Syndicate Lab mission. The save in question is attached.

Could there have been an error in the zone changes you've been making lately?

EDIT: Disregard, updating OXCE to newest version seems to have fixed it.

Another zone-related bug, this time with an Osiron nest mission being generated in a zone that doesn't exist. The crash happens around the 4th or so using the save attached. Trying to manually edit the missionSiteZone variable simply had it appear in an entirely different nonexistent zone, as did updating OXCE to the most recent nightly.

These two errors are related to the recent changes in how missions are generated and require the newest OXCE.

game crashes when attempting to do the UAC weapon distribution mission, because "Sprite Set XCOM_237.PCK not found"

This was on mod version 2.1, but i'm not sure updating to 2.1b would fix it

All that I can say is "works for me". (The problem is about the caveman outfit for a hybrid.)

For those who do not run the game (for versions XCF 2.0 and above, and probably below) on versions OXCE 7.3 or 7.4 - gives an error with "STR_DOOM_HELL_BARON_WEAPON":
(...)

Yeah, it was an old bug, but new OXCE force-crashes it. Will be fixed in 2.2, hopefully to be released today.

Offline IzzyWorks

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: January 14, 2022, 10:44:24 am »
I have received a major hit in save and load time speed. Is anyone else see a performance drop?

This is just after updating from 2.1b onto 2.2

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: January 14, 2022, 10:48:43 am »
how much is a major hit?

Offline IzzyWorks

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: January 14, 2022, 12:34:01 pm »
I'm running off a Samsung m.2 drive and save and load time was effectively instantaneous. Now the game will hang for 5-10 seconds when saving or loading to file.

I could follow up with you after doing a clean install, maybe something happened when updating the mod folder.

The only other mods active (which worked for 2.1b) are the super mega music pack, with the addition of 'all mods patch' metadata.yml

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: January 14, 2022, 01:00:01 pm »
On my end, an average mid campaign XcomFiles save (~3 MB) takes about 2-3 seconds to load.

If you upload one of your saves, I can try to load it.

You can also try downgrading OXCE to see if there is any change.
From coding perspective, there wasn't any change I'm aware of that could affect save/load times.

PS: what is a "all mods patch" ??

Offline IzzyWorks

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: January 15, 2022, 05:40:59 am »
Sorry for bothering you guys over this. It just turned out I needed a reboot. As for the question to "all mods patch"
you can dl it here https://mod.io/mods/file/1683926

This mod is required to get some of the other mods to appear in the mod menu. It's a slightly altered metadata.yml file

BTW, awesome work. I am really enjoying the game. It's well balanced and very impressive!

Offline Dmitry

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: January 15, 2022, 02:25:52 pm »
Load saves from version 2.1 and run
game crashed

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: January 15, 2022, 02:46:29 pm »
I can't find a mod called "all mods patch" on mod.io.

Sorry, but I'm not going to download this file as is, too many malware attempts lately.

Anyway, I haven't noticed any difference regarding X-Com Files performance over the past months.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: January 15, 2022, 03:29:25 pm »
Load saves from version 2.1 and run
game crashed

XCF 2.1 saves are not compatible with XCF 2.2.

You have two options:
1/ fix the save yourself (remove invalid regions and invalid missions)
2/ upgrade to OXCE 7.4, which will fix the save for you (it's also required for the new mission fnctionality)

I'd recommend option 2/