Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072053 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2865 on: May 02, 2021, 08:05:48 pm »
ok, I probably need relax this check.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: May 04, 2021, 11:11:03 am »
Did a landed MIB bomber coverup mission and one MIB Heavy Trooper just came out with literally no weapon, when one of my guys managed to KO him I noticed he had UAC Chaingun ammo, but no actual chaingun

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: May 04, 2021, 03:38:24 pm »
Why exactly is the bank that the robot ninjas are robbing flying the Jolly Roger flags? Are they a pirate bank?

This is obviously not gamebreaking, but I do find it a bit weird.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: May 04, 2021, 11:00:15 pm »
Solarius, the randomized base names that you picked can result in names that are over the character length limit. This is apparently not intended, as it can interfer with other parts of the UI.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:02:43 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: May 05, 2021, 12:10:36 am »
Why exactly is the bank that the robot ninjas are robbing flying the Jolly Roger flags? Are they a pirate bank?

This is obviously not gamebreaking, but I do find it a bit weird.

Is it not well known that ninjas and pirates are mortal enemies?   Why wouldn't ninjas rob a pirate bank?   
(sorry, bored at work)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: May 05, 2021, 01:41:05 am »
Why wouldn't ninjas rob a pirate bank?

Checks out, also neatly ties in with XPiratez.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: May 05, 2021, 04:36:24 am »
I just managed to get to the vampire castle, I always skip this mission and figured I'd actually try to do it, it took me 40 turns to find this little guy just stuck in there, I had to shoot the stairs off, there was no other way in and it was nearly impossible to know he was there without the bug hunt radar

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2872 on: May 05, 2021, 09:10:39 pm »
Did a landed MIB bomber coverup mission and one MIB Heavy Trooper just came out with literally no weapon, when one of my guys managed to KO him I noticed he had UAC Chaingun ammo, but no actual chaingun

Yeah, my bad. Fixed...

Solarius, the randomized base names that you picked can result in names that are over the character length limit. This is apparently not intended, as it can interfer with other parts of the UI.

It can happen. I'm not going to reduce the name base to one syllable words, it'll just suck universally. I'd rather count on the player to just correct any issues manually.

Is it not well known that ninjas and pirates are mortal enemies?   Why wouldn't ninjas rob a pirate bank?   
(sorry, bored at work)

My attempts to edit this flag failed, so I postponed it indefinitely. :P

I just managed to get to the vampire castle, I always skip this mission and figured I'd actually try to do it, it took me 40 turns to find this little guy just stuck in there, I had to shoot the stairs off, there was no other way in and it was nearly impossible to know he was there without the bug hunt radar

I'll check, thanks.

Would you have a save?

Offline bombom

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: May 05, 2021, 09:48:45 pm »
It is possible to go on a faraway mission in a van, get an agent lightly injured, and then have this agent recover and assign to another craft before the original van is even back. I did not test, but I suspect that it should be possible to have all agents on a mission injured and then have a craft going back to base without a pilot.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: May 05, 2021, 10:33:55 pm »
It is possible to go on a faraway mission in a van, get an agent lightly injured, and then have this agent recover and assign to another craft before the original van is even back. I did not test, but I suspect that it should be possible to have all agents on a mission injured and then have a craft going back to base without a pilot.
This strikes me like an OXCE issue and not related to XCF. Would you mind reporting this in the OXCE-subforum as well?

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: May 06, 2021, 12:19:33 am »
Would you have a save?

These are the ones before the bug hunt kicks in, but I already had my sectopod walker near it in one of them, hope it helps

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: May 06, 2021, 03:34:15 am »
(Last one, I promise lol) bigger monsters (I've seen shamblers and bullfrogs so far) tend to spawn in one of these rooms and are unable to get out, you can fire at them from the windows and they can't attack back (well the bullfrog can, but it didn't try to), they're pretty much helpless, it's not game breaking or anything but I'm guessing its not intended for them to get stuck

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: May 06, 2021, 11:41:53 am »
(Last one, I promise lol) bigger monsters (I've seen shamblers and bullfrogs so far) tend to spawn in one of these rooms and are unable to get out, you can fire at them from the windows and they can't attack back (well the bullfrog can, but it didn't try to), they're pretty much helpless, it's not game breaking or anything but I'm guessing its not intended for them to get stuck
It is, actually, as there are no separate enemy spawns for "big" and "small" units. The only way to avoid this would be to have no enemy spawns inside of buildings - which would kind of defeat the purpose.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: May 06, 2021, 11:59:34 am »
It is, actually, as there are no separate enemy spawns for "big" and "small" units. The only way to avoid this would be to have no enemy spawns inside of buildings - which would kind of defeat the purpose.

Ahh I didn't think about that, makes sense now! thanks for the heads up

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2879 on: May 06, 2021, 01:09:27 pm »

Agent Ben walked it off on the road during pee breaks.

These are the ones before the bug hunt kicks in, but I already had my sectopod walker near it in one of them, hope it helps

Thanks, reported it to the terrain author. We'll see.

Poorly defined node. Thanks for reporting.

Well that's just pure bullshit. Of course there is such a way, how else would this game even work with buldings???