Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071567 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2160 on: December 30, 2019, 02:40:22 pm »
Is there a public git repository with Issue / Bug tracker?
It is hard to find out if my problems are still reported or not.

https://github.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles/

Offline The_Ranger

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: January 06, 2020, 08:02:32 pm »
I've upgraded from 9.9e to 1.1.2 (and newest version of OXCE) and although my saved game is working largely intact, I did notice that in my three bases that each had a Hovertank/Laser with an Alien AI operator, the AIs and tanks have all disappeared. My savegame originates from before 0.9.9e, possibly to before the AI types were merged to allow experience from the beginning (per changelog).

I was gonna speculate, I'd guess maybe the Alien AI support still existed in 0.9.9e and allowed the Alien AIs in my savegame to be "grandfathered in", and maybe that legacy material was removed in the 1.0 cleanup? Just curious, I don't expect there's anything to be done about it.

Offline Beezertheturnip

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: January 08, 2020, 08:16:13 pm »
Playing 1.1.2, and I recently discovered the Tactical Neural Implant. Manufactured 3 as a test run, and I was able to implant my entire squad with the three of them. I'm suspecting this is not the intended design, that it's 1 implant per 1 agent.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: January 08, 2020, 09:02:17 pm »
Playing 1.1.2, and I recently discovered the Tactical Neural Implant. Manufactured 3 as a test run, and I was able to implant my entire squad with the three of them. I'm suspecting this is not the intended design, that it's 1 implant per 1 agent.

Of course not. Have you checked your agents' info box with bonuses properly? Are there records about this transformation? May be you have done some other transformation though?  ;)

Offline Beezertheturnip

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: January 08, 2020, 09:25:01 pm »
I've got 5 people with Tactical Neural Implant notes despite having only built 3 of them.

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: January 09, 2020, 04:03:36 pm »
A minor bug: if several agents gain "bane of" (tested for the first time award, don't know for other) recommendation in the mission debrief there's several groups "bane of" with one agent in it instead of one "bane of" line with several agents in it.

Offline Empiro

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: January 11, 2020, 08:19:07 am »
Two bugs / issues I've noticed:

On the Feral Lobstermen cruise-liner mission, you can't seem to abort. For such a tough mission you might be unprepared for, you really should be able to retreat.

Second, the Tritanium Smart Shotgun Ammo manufacturing time is 850 hours, which is way out of line with the other Tritanium ammo (in the low tens of hours)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2167 on: January 11, 2020, 02:57:46 pm »
I've upgraded from 9.9e to 1.1.2 (and newest version of OXCE) and although my saved game is working largely intact, I did notice that in my three bases that each had a Hovertank/Laser with an Alien AI operator, the AIs and tanks have all disappeared. My savegame originates from before 0.9.9e, possibly to before the AI types were merged to allow experience from the beginning (per changelog).

I was gonna speculate, I'd guess maybe the Alien AI support still existed in 0.9.9e and allowed the Alien AIs in my savegame to be "grandfathered in", and maybe that legacy material was removed in the 1.0 cleanup? Just curious, I don't expect there's anything to be done about it.

Yes, at some point the two AI types were rolled into one due to gameplay reasons. I kept the removed type in the mod for a long time (hidden, only to be used by old saves), but eventually I removed it too.

You can fix it by taking your old save (before resaving on the new version!) and manually editing any instances of STR_ALIEN_AI to STR_MUGGLE_AI. This should work.

No idea what to tell you, I just tested and it worked fine... The transformation process consumed TNIs as intended.

A minor bug: if several agents gain "bane of" (tested for the first time award, don't know for other) recommendation in the mission debrief there's several groups "bane of" with one agent in it instead of one "bane of" line with several agents in it.

That probably means that some agents got this commendation for the same weapon, and some got it for another weapon.

On the Feral Lobstermen cruise-liner mission, you can't seem to abort. For such a tough mission you might be unprepared for, you really should be able to retreat.

You can't abort from any mission on the cruise liner because there are no escape tiles. However, thanks to your report I discovered that it was not mentioned in the descriptions, so I'll update them.

Perhaps in the future I'll mess with it somehow to include the x-Com craft on this map. I just don't want to se a situation where you spawn on deck with a god damn van. :)

Second, the Tritanium Smart Shotgun Ammo manufacturing time is 850 hours, which is way out of line with the other Tritanium ammo (in the low tens of hours)

Good catch! Fixing.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: January 11, 2020, 03:15:36 pm »
That probably means that some agents got this commendation for the same weapon, and some got it for another weapon.
Bane of.. is for slaing certain groups. But Master of.. has the same issue.
And what betatester probably means is, that several agents could get "bane of [group]", where [group] is a constant, and it would still be split.

I guess that since these commendations dynamicaly insert appropriate groups/weapons, they are done case by case, rather than grouped.
Edit: So I think that it is because what you said could happen, not nescessarily because it happened.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 03:21:56 pm by Mathel »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: January 11, 2020, 03:29:53 pm »
Right, I don't understand how the commendations code works, and AFAIK nobody does. :P

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: January 11, 2020, 05:26:46 pm »
don't know if it's a bug or feature but lightcycling improvement is supposed to insert some alien electronics in your AI but in fact all that you need is money (and not even a lab and or a workshop or an alien electronics item)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: January 11, 2020, 05:33:14 pm »
don't know if it's a bug or feature but lightcycling improvement is supposed to insert some alien electronics in your AI but in fact all that you need is money (and not even a lab and or a workshop or an alien electronics item)

It's not exactly alien electronics, more like copying certain alien solutions. I decided that getting enough actual Alien Electronics would be too hard. If they become more available at some point, I will probably change this.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: January 11, 2020, 06:57:49 pm »
Right, I don't understand how the commendations code works, and AFAIK nobody does. :P

Even almighty uncle Meridian?  :o

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: January 11, 2020, 07:11:52 pm »
Even almighty uncle Meridian?  :o

Nope, not even I.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: January 11, 2020, 11:25:34 pm »
there's all sorts of insidiously recursive ha-gotchas in it ...

:|