Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072061 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1560 on: December 03, 2018, 05:22:06 pm »
Yeah, that's what i thought - though it's strange that you can't reasearch an item even after you recover/"extract" it. All other recoverable items have some way to reasearch them outside the random "getonefree"-mechanic. Allthemore so since you need alien elecectronics to unlock a lot of other stuff.

Totally unrelated, i seem to be unable to exit the skymarshall the usual way because the exit is blocked by garbage cans (this is still from 0.9.6, not 0.9.7):

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1561 on: December 03, 2018, 06:43:15 pm »
You need to get the tech from alien engineers or leaders to unlock it, and of course to find actual alien electronics item. I guess alien electronics listed in a data slate is an oversight.

It's not an oversight, it's in case I decide to change the tree in the future. It's called safety measures.

Totally unrelated, i seem to be unable to exit the skymarshall the usual way because the exit is blocked by garbage cans (this is still from 0.9.6, not 0.9.7):

Lol, just shoot these cans... And berate the pilot :)
Not a bug, anyway.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 03, 2018, 06:50:02 pm »
STR_NOT_ENOUGH_ITEMS is not defined in the language file.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 04, 2018, 02:19:56 am »
I just started a new game and my UFOpedia has the entries for "Dreaming" and "XCom Virtualized Headquarters" already unlocked.  Based on the contents, I assume this is a bug.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 04, 2018, 08:56:06 am »
Two Questions:

1. The amount of Aquaplastics recovered from USO ambushes is like 2 per mission. Standard UFOs yield several times more. Is it supposed to be this way?

2. What happened with the screen of the submersible for underwater operations where it says only 7 spots are available? I see the screenshot on the mod portal but I don't have it on the Ufopedia.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 04, 2018, 08:20:35 pm »
STR_NOT_ENOUGH_ITEMS is not defined in the language file.

Where is it used? I can't remember anything like this.

I just started a new game and my UFOpedia has the entries for "Dreaming" and "XCom Virtualized Headquarters" already unlocked.  Based on the contents, I assume this is a bug.

Yes... Yes it is.

1. The amount of Aquaplastics recovered from USO ambushes is like 2 per mission. Standard UFOs yield several times more. Is it supposed to be this way?

Should be roughly as much as Alien Alloys. I'll check.

2. What happened with the screen of the submersible for underwater operations where it says only 7 spots are available? I see the screenshot on the mod portal but I don't have it on the Ufopedia.

Hmm... No idea?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 04, 2018, 08:45:07 pm »
Where is it used? I can't remember anything like this.
When you try to built facilities that require items (e.g. the improved+advanced lab). This pops up when you don't have the required amount.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 04, 2018, 09:04:16 pm »
When you try to built facilities that require items (e.g. the improved+advanced lab). This pops up when you don't have the required amount.

OK, got ya.
I just reuploaded the game with some fixes.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 04, 2018, 11:45:38 pm »
Hmm... No idea?
From the mod portal, also attached:
https://image.mod.io/mods/0640/158/lilsub.png
I don't get this image in my UFOpedia. I found the hard way that only the top 7 agents get to go down with the Calypso.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 05, 2018, 01:47:11 am »
This research requires Deep One Communities and Basic Operations.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 05, 2018, 02:07:14 am »
Can you check the unarmed attack(s) on hybrids? Still playing on 0.9.6, but i can only get my hybrids to panic units when they wear exosuits. Clicking on the empty slots does nothing. Sorry in advance if this has already been fixed in 0.9.7.

EDIT:
Was testing this using the quick battle option. Looks like hybrids can't use unarmed attacks when they have no psi-skill stat. The two other ones that have a "discoverd" psi skill can attack normally.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:21:13 am by krautbernd »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 05, 2018, 03:11:28 am »
This research requires Deep One Communities and Basic Operations.

Hmm, I'm not sure if the UFOpeadia research screen requires these techs, but if I recall correctly, I was able to go to the sea floor pretty early on and fight the gillmen and aquatoids with Crossbows. Maybe it's just Basic Operations?

When I get home I'll upgrade to the latest mod version, and check again.

EDIT: Yes, I have access to the Calypso. And I haven't researched that tech.
Also hi tech Shambler :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 05:51:37 am by Alex_D »

Offline Johnny_exe

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 05, 2018, 04:41:39 am »
Can you check the unarmed attack(s) on hybrids? Still playing on 0.9.6, but i can only get my hybrids to panic units when they wear exosuits. Clicking on the empty slots does nothing. Sorry in advance if this has already been fixed in 0.9.7.

EDIT:
Was testing this using the quick battle option. Looks like hybrids can't use unarmed attacks when they have no psi-skill stat. The two other ones that have a "discoverd" psi skill can attack normally.

It's because hybrids melee attack damage based on their psi-skill if i remember the UFOpedia entry right

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 05, 2018, 10:22:47 am »
I found something else.
If for some reason, one decides to change the skin of a small AI robot, the game crashes. I found it out by mis-clicking (wanted to change the armor) and decided to see what happened, and I got a a CTD. The complaint was something wasn't in the .pcx of the unit.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 06, 2018, 06:56:26 pm »
Hmm, I'm not sure if the UFOpeadia research screen requires these techs, but if I recall correctly, I was able to go to the sea floor pretty early on and fight the gillmen and aquatoids with Crossbows. Maybe it's just Basic Operations?

When I get home I'll upgrade to the latest mod version, and check again.

EDIT: Yes, I have access to the Calypso. And I haven't researched that tech.

Well, there have been some changes regarding this tech, so I suspect it has been inherited after 0.9.6. I'll keep an eye on this.

Also hi tech Shambler :)

Quick Battle, I hope? :)

It's because hybrids melee attack damage based on their psi-skill if i remember the UFOpedia entry right

Precisely, yes.
I guess I should change it maybe...

I found something else.
If for some reason, one decides to change the skin of a small AI robot, the game crashes. I found it out by mis-clicking (wanted to change the armor) and decided to see what happened, and I got a a CTD. The complaint was something wasn't in the .pcx of the unit.

Sorry, no idea how to reproduce it. Can you give me the exact steps?