Author Topic: 40k  (Read 379952 times)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2018, 09:07:51 pm »
ok i will test it
meanwhile here are the promised door´s for the droppod, i guess explosion got to be height 3
can you merge with your mcd Droppod_guard? since i havent touch it

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2018, 09:12:49 pm »
Yeah, I can work on including these into the MCDs and the maps.  By the way, do you have any other maps where you place the craft not at z = 0 than the Sgt. Joan side-mission?  The drop pod charges got placed at z=0 even though the pods started at z = 1, meaning that you wouldn't be able to get out of the pod normally.  I'll try a different height for the explosives to see if it works, but I might also suggest making that mission not spawn the craft directly.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2018, 10:18:36 pm »
Yeah, I can work on including these into the MCDs and the maps.  By the way, do you have any other maps where you place the craft not at z = 0 than the Sgt. Joan side-mission?  The drop pod charges got placed at z=0 even though the pods started at z = 1, meaning that you wouldn't be able to get out of the pod normally.  I'll try a different height for the explosives to see if it works, but I might also suggest making that mission not spawn the craft directly.

several mission have z at 1
-all war missions
-Mission 6

i guess the best way is to put explosion at 1 height and pray that kills all block at height 0

ok i just tested in war map also with height 1 and works perfect , but does not work on that side mission. so must be other thing than the height about the map, i will check

ok, just fixed that on side mission, i was a tile problem (didn't spawn on top of orange blocks ) still f* up the entire base when converted to the gigantic rock block

--- posts merged. Please don't DP so hard :P ---

well i guess it´s the block? on terrain level i see no other diference!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 10:35:23 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 19, 2018, 10:45:34 pm »
I can check how the charges work with these z = 1 maps when I have time either tonight or sometime this weekend.  As for the explosion height, do you have it set as a fixed option in the mod?  If not, I can do some more testing to see if I can make sure it works with a variety of explosion height options, including the flat explosions.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2018, 11:04:25 pm »
fixedUserOptions:
  battleExplosionHeight: 3

fixed in difficulty_40k.rul

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 20, 2018, 05:30:02 pm »
Okay, that makes this easier.  I'll still look into those missions where drop pods spawn at z = 1, to see if I can fix the issue of the explosive spawning in the wrong place.

Edit: It looks like the issue is that there is no 'LZ' map blocks for the MARINEOUT terrain, as the map you made is just a static 60x60 - thus, the items get spawned at z=0.  I'd recommend using a startingConditions ruleset to dis-allow drop pods from going to the mission, otherwise you'd have to completely re-work the map and map script to make them work for this mission.  Or just put in player spawn tiles on the 60x60 map in the middle of the outpost and just remove adding the player craft to the map.

I finished re-working the DROPPOD_GUARD MCD and the maps to make them look closed and then deploy the ramps, attaching them to this post.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 05:36:59 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 20, 2018, 08:00:01 pm »

Edit: It looks like the issue is that there is no 'LZ' map blocks for the MARINEOUT terrain, as the map you made is just a static 60x60 - thus, the items get spawned at z=0.  I'd recommend using a startingConditions ruleset to dis-allow drop pods from going to the mission, otherwise you'd have to completely re-work the map and map script to make them work for this mission.  Or just put in player spawn tiles on the 60x60 map in the middle of the outpost and just remove adding the player craft to the map.

Thats not the issue like a said mission 6 is a 50x50 map and it spawn correctly , so i certainly that is the tile , also i replace tile in mission 3 and it spawn the nade on z1. I attached the map where i change the tiles and solved the issue so you can see for yourself

Also I was merging the mod with your´s and i think this i not what you intent
  - type: STR_MELTA_AMMO
    damageAlter:
      ToArmor: 0.1
      ToArmorPre: 0.4
      ToHealth: 0.7

ToArmorPre is damage applied before armor
       ( #how much damage is done to armor before applying armor protection. Default `0.0`) said some text

so i maintain the recent version that goes also to your taste
    damageAlter: #DA MELTA
      ToArmor: 0.4
      ToArmorPre: 0.0
      ToHealth: 0.8

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 20, 2018, 09:31:42 pm »
Ah okay, I missed the bit about mission 6.

The Melta stuff was personal preference - the role of Melta seemed to be eclipsed by advanced lasgun clips, which have both ToArmorPre and even more ToArmor.  At the same range as the Melta, you can get more armor stripping with the advanced lasgun since it can fire more times to make up for the lower power and poor resistances vs. not vehicles, plus it's lighter, cheaper, and comes earlier in the tech tree.  Thus, I wanted the Melta to be the clear winner in the armor-stripping role, so I gave it guaranteed armor damage by ToArmorPre but reduced the health damage to compensate.

Edit:  This is one of the things I meant were unnecessary to include, as this mod started as some personal changes for the sake of my campaign.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:35:13 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 23, 2018, 09:50:18 pm »
I've found a bug with the new Drop Pods - for some reason that I'm still trying to track down, using the pods to assault a landed craft causes the Promethium (elerium) not to be placed on the craft's engines.

Edit: Found the problem - if an item is spawned by a map in general, then no alien fuel items are generated on the map.  I'm guessing this was for TFTD Zrbite spawning since it wasn't always on the power sources, but it means that any time you have a map that spawns an item, you don't get any Promethium.  This didn't happen for your special weapons/ammo in the rare craft ruins map blocks since they use the randomItems tag, which is checked after the code that prevents fuel spawning is run.  The solution is to add the Promethium explicitly to each craft map in the ruleset.

More Edit:  Here's a ruleset that puts the items on the correct spots for the power sources, even when using the drop pods.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 24, 2018, 11:54:11 am »
:S that a hard one to solve, don´t we get the double Promethium if we use other craft? if u put the bomb on drop randomized wont it solve?changing the conflict with  the random?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2018, 01:57:56 pm »
It's not terrible to solve, the ruleset I posted fixes it back to normal behavior - this is what Dioxine had to do in Piratez.  The randomized items won't work since they can't be primed.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2018, 03:09:28 pm »
ok nice i will merge it
Also i been thinking giving melta its own damage type, that way is easy to balance all around and not be inferior to las
Meanwhile i added new chaos guard unit and several fixes

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2018, 04:14:12 pm »
Melta definitely deserves its own damage type, it's very distinct in-universe.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2018, 04:17:22 pm »
Another bug report - the Hellfire Missiles for the dread armor (not the HWP version) can't be loaded onto the craft.  It looks like it's because they don't have a bigob, so they can't be spawned as a battlescape item.

Edit: A suggestion too, about the storm bolter - it's possible to configure the snap shot to fire 2 bolts at once, which I think makes more sense than a single bolt with 2x health damage.  Dioxine and I think it'd work well to remove the extra ToHealth, add the double-shot to anything using the storm bolter clip, and then also give them an autoshot, maybe 6x.  The clip would probably also need 2-3x the ammo count.  What do you think?

Here's what the code would look like:
Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_HB
    confSnap:
      shots: 2
    confAuto:
      shots: 6
    tuAuto: 40
    accuracyAuto: 60
I'll be testing it a bit in my campaign, I'll let you know how it works out.

More Edit: The storm bolter ruleset has a leftover "autoRange: 30" despite not having an auto shot.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:00:24 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline Burktross

• Squaddie
  • 2, I'm the new actual.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 24, 2018, 06:37:32 pm »
Hey all, new to the mod.  It's pretty awesome, but even though I moved the mod to the bottom of my load order and waited (several) turns, drop pods never seem to open up for me-- nor do they occlude vision.
Spoiler: