Author Topic: 40k  (Read 379874 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #300 on: March 29, 2018, 08:06:34 pm »
As far as I know bulletdesigner is focused mainly in graphic content. So there is 2 solutions - firtsly, you can change thing values by yourself - they are in  Ruleset folder in the mod, and can be edited by any text editor (just remember that is used YAML syntax). Second option is to wait 2-3 days, becouse I'm doing some changes in weapons stats and other minor changes.

I've already changed such things with an auxiliary mod, I was just making suggestions based on the changes I found worked well.

Edit: Had another suggestion - I feel like the Melta gun should be better at destroying armor than the lasgun, even with the advanced power cell.  However, the advanced laser has only 10 less power while still getting 10% ToArmorPre and 50% ToArmor, plus better health damage while the melta only has 40% ToArmor - maybe meltas should have that 40% switched to ToArmorPre but 70% ToHealth to compensate?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:03:43 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline armorer87

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 29, 2018, 11:04:38 pm »
I try to make meltagun similar it's tabletop version - high damage (200), but damage reduction (200 at range 6 that -20 damage per tile to 100 damage at range 12) and limited range(12). Multimelta same but with twice range and used like heavy weapon (high tu for aime, kneel aim bonus etc).
But I'm not sure about range. How to get marine in 6 tiles from armored enemy and not be killed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 11:24:48 pm by armorer87 »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 30, 2018, 07:38:05 pm »
nice, thks meridian,
about the question i currently Coverted all to PAL_BASESCAPE , but in the bases/ufo part i guess it would be better to use the old pal_ufopedia one that was the battlescape model with more correct color i think, but by this point there no turning back for me , still may serve for someone else

OK, I did support for different palettes per article type too.
More info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6166.0.html

Here's ruleset to switch all your palettes to PAL_BASESCAPE:
Code: [Select]
interfaces:
  - type: articleTFTD
    palette: PAL_BASESCAPE
    backgroundImage: ExtendedPediaBackgroundPalBasescape
    elements:
      - id: button
        color: 208      # white
      - id: text
        color2: 218     # blue
      - id: list
  - type: articleCraftTFTD
    elements:
  - type: articleCraftWeaponTFTD
    elements:
  - type: articleVehicleTFTD
    elements:
  - type: articleItemTFTD
    elements:
      - id: ammoColor
        color: 213      # gold
  - type: articleArmorTFTD
    elements:
  - type: articleBaseFacilityTFTD
    elements:
  - type: articleUsoTFTD
    elements:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 08:16:46 pm by Meridian »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 04, 2018, 05:07:56 am »
After some discussion with Dioxine and Solarius Scorch, I came up with a mod that I think you'd find interesting - having the drop pods deploy by explosive charges!  It's not yet fully polished and requires an addition to OXCE+ to get the full effect, but here's a preview of it.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 04, 2018, 11:35:20 pm »
After some discussion with Dioxine and Solarius Scorch, I came up with a mod that I think you'd find interesting - having the drop pods deploy by explosive charges!  It's not yet fully polished and requires an addition to OXCE+ to get the full effect, but here's a preview of it.
That would be amazing  8)

The stuff i correctly doing
Correcting the UFOPEDIA to use armor stats, now that can be done
and doing the sentinel for guard and traitors, this will provide a HWP for guard and a bit more variety in foes

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 05, 2018, 03:41:53 pm »
Here's the mod for the drop pod deployment.  There are a couple of things in there that need explaining:  First of all, I used blank sprites for the walls/objects on the drop pod maps that get blown away by the explosive charge upon landing; this is because of the OXCE+ code I'm testing that prevents the entire map block for the player's craft from being revealed at the start of battle.  With this code, the player will only see the interior of the drop pods until the charge explodes.  Without it, it will just look like the normal drop pod map but you can't move out until you 'land'.  Next, I made this landing 'explosive' damage units with a new damage type to simulate the harshness of the landing impact.  I thought it was somewhat silly that regular humans like guardsmen could survive the rigors of orbital drops without a scratch, so any guard deployed in these pods will likely be heavily wounded.  Better armor like carapace or that worn by the Adeptus Sororitas will somewhat lessen the impact, but they'll still likely be wounded.  Marines on the other hand should have no trouble surviving this - they take only 20% damage from the impact, so they might have minor scratches but no wounds in scout armor, and be completely impervious to it in power armor.  I also tweaked the drop pod MCD a bit, since most of the ramp blocks has 90 HE block - this made it nearly impossible for explosions to propagate around the pods and was necessary to remove for the deployment charges to function correctly.

In a separate ruleset I imported the Dragonfly map Solarius Scorch uses in XCF to act as a Valkyrie - if the Imperial Guard can't use drop pods, then they need some kind of transport.  The idea eventually is that drop pod deployment should be rather expensive compared to regular transports to make up for the quick global response time and the disruptiveness of the deployment from orbit.  I also changed the starting base craft and soldiers a bit to match this - one of the interceptors is switched for a Valkyrie, and it's filled with 8 Guardsmen armed with their lasguns, while the drop pods have 4 marines with the standard equip.  This part is just a suggestion and is for showing off the difference between drop deployment and valk deployment.

Finally, there's a ruleset that I added temporarily to fix the pedia palette for craft articles in the new OXCE+ - you can disregard that as I'm sure you've already been working on re-doing the interfaces ruleset for the articles.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2018, 08:52:34 pm »
i just tried the mod, i think i´m misssing something , everything works fine , but droppods do nothing
i agree with the idea so i´m starting the Valkery process

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 05, 2018, 08:58:34 pm »
i just tried the mod, i think i´m misssing something , everything works fine , but droppods do nothing

Hmm... is the mod set to load last in your list?  You don't have any other mods that edit the drop pods, right?  If it's working properly, you shouldn't be able to exit the drop pods on turn 1, then after the enemy turn 1 the charges should explode, since they act as grenades set to a timer of 1.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 05, 2018, 10:10:05 pm »
i understand the problem now , everything work´s but also the full 10x20 tile is all visible on first turn , so i got no illusion of being inside the drop pod

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 05, 2018, 10:35:50 pm »
i understand the problem now , everything work´s but also the full 10x20 tile is all visible on first turn , so i got no illusion of being inside the drop pod

Yeah, that's the code that Meridian is considering/reviewing for pulling into OXCE+, I'm attaching a WIP version of the .exe with the feature implemented so you can see what it looks like. (DISCLAIMER: This is not an official OXCE+ release and is to only be used for testing purposes, please do not include in any mod packages.)

Edit: If this feature isn't officially implemented in OXCE+, I can remake the maps/MCDs such that the drop pod looks "closed" on landing, then the charges explode to make it look like the original map.  I just need some sprites for the 'front' ramps folded up - the maps I gave you I just hadn't felt like drawing those yet.

More Edit: Found a repeated tag in the storm bolter rulesets (STR_HB, STR_CHB) - they have both "dropoff: 5" and "dropoff: 1" - which one of these should they have?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:38:15 am by ohartenstein23 »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2018, 10:33:23 pm »
More Edit: Found a repeated tag in the storm bolter rulesets (STR_HB, STR_CHB) - they have both "dropoff: 5" and "dropoff: 1" - which one of these should they have?

5  the only weapons without dropoff should be scopped

also i can do the ramps folded up in droppod, but now i´m a bit occupied with the Valkyrie, give me a bit more time

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 09, 2018, 06:31:44 pm »
I'm half opposed with the "explosive drop pods" effect, because the equipment on the floor will get destroyed

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 09, 2018, 07:06:18 pm »
I'm half opposed with the "explosive drop pods" effect, because the equipment on the floor will get destroyed

Do you really assume I didn't think of that? The 'explosives' are set to deal no damage to items.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 10, 2018, 03:18:07 am »
I didn't know, and specially I didn't know that you it can be modded that way

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 11, 2018, 03:41:58 pm »