Author Topic: 40k  (Read 374009 times)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #255 on: February 04, 2018, 11:44:57 pm »
What is the difference between chaos marine bolter and nurgle marine bolter? I mean in game mechanic. New weapon damage type? More shots?
Also you can add health regeneration feature like Ghouls from xPiratez, just for lulz and foe the glory of the dark gods!

mostly new damage type, i will use acid for once
health regeneration is a good idea i try to see how its done

Bug Report: listOrder in the codex is all wrong, I was viewing stormhawk then when I clicked next, it showed me the guard armor, then clicking next again, it showed me the thundrrhawk
Just tested, mine is perfectly ordered , maybe some other mod crossover active.

Offline armorer87

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2018, 11:10:31 pm »
How many Acid Damage Type weapons you plan add to the mod? If it's just the plague marine bolter then it's not worth it. If you want to make more Nurgle weapons or early game cultits weapons (maybe tyranids in future?) and make acid resistance armor then it's a good choice. I mean new damage weapon type worth it on;y if you plan make some armor weaks to it and some strong.

Main feature of Nurgle(acid?) weapons can be damage to health/morale/stun before calculating armor resistance (I guess that how Wille Pete grenade from xPiratez works?). It makes this weapon effective against any sort of armor, but not leathal. Also it will require some thing to restore morale of troops, and Battle Standart can fill that role. Also acid ammo for loyalist bolters, to make bolter even better then they are now.

Nurgle units - Plague Marine (Nurgle bolter and a lot of blight grenades), Plague marine Havoc (special weapons like plasmagun, melta gun, etc. or Nurgle Special Weapons - blight greande launcher, plague spewer(rapid fire acid shotgun or flame thrower)), Plague Marine Champion(with melee options), Chosen of Nurgle (2 stage unit  - first shooty, second melee, works like xPirates ZombieTrooper). Nurgle deamons. Nurgle tank with direct fire plague spewer and indirect fire mortar.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2018, 01:40:31 am »
well like i promised, here are the rubric marines and all their might !

1 How many Acid Damage Type weapons you plan add to the mod? If it's just the plague marine bolter then it's not worth it. If you want to make more Nurgle weapons or early game cultits weapons (maybe tyranids in future?) and make acid resistance armor then it's a good choice. I mean new damage weapon type worth it on;y if you plan make some armor weaks to it and some strong.

2 Main feature of Nurgle(acid?) weapons can be damage to health/morale/stun before calculating armor resistance (I guess that how Wille Pete grenade from xPiratez works?). It makes this weapon effective against any sort of armor, but not leathal. Also it will require some thing to restore morale of troops, and Battle Standart can fill that role. Also acid ammo for loyalist bolters, to make bolter even better then they are now.

3 Nurgle units - Plague Marine (Nurgle bolter and a lot of blight grenades), Plague marine Havoc (special weapons like plasmagun, melta gun, etc. or Nurgle Special Weapons - blight greande launcher, plague spewer(rapid fire acid shotgun or flame thrower)), Plague Marine Champion(with melee options), Chosen of Nurgle (2 stage unit  - first shooty, second melee, works like xPirates ZombieTrooper). Nurgle deamons. Nurgle tank with direct fire plague spewer and indirect fire mortar.

1. i guess, i will make their bolt´s cause more wound " so it looks like a infections" also i can´t complicate much since i´m always doing lot of new stuff and not even testing much

2. the ways it goes is melta for shred armor , lasguns for vehicles , plasma for units , grav ignore armor, bolter wildcard(does all), flames and explosion good vs 2x2 and large areas, meele low cost tu but high damage, the one open is acid (witch i havent done yet so is 100% to all ) but i guess will add lots of wounds to the factor ( i love the heavy rocket gas idea for nurgle btw and couting as acid)
tzech will have lots of flamers (as terrorist and also i will give then  standard flame weapons)

3. Plague marine Havoc is a execelent idea , maybe next to project is to create havoc's for special heavy weapons for nurgle/ individed/ tzench , also liked the rest, but give me time i go with the flow

Offline SuperCaffeineDude

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • supercaffeinedude
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2018, 01:25:11 pm »
Looks awesome, loving the divided look, your sprites are great. Have you ever considered using the Deathwatch as your protagonists? They're kind of the Xcom of 40k imo, shoot at least 3 different aliens a day lol. Though they're all outsourced sm-veterans so there'd be little soldier progression lol.

I'll have to give the mod a go later tonight.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2018, 02:29:14 pm »
Wait that's a traitor marine? It looks almost exactly like smurfs
(I literally thought it was a new armor)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2018, 02:53:40 pm »
Wait that's a traitor marine? It looks almost exactly like smurfs
(I literally thought it was a new armor)

No, it's clearly a Thousand Son.

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2018, 05:16:25 pm »
yes, these are the only ones that can not be called traitors. including Loyalists

Offline armorer87

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 07, 2018, 07:53:37 pm »
tzech will have lots of flamers (as terrorist and also i will give then  standard flame weapons)
but lorewise tzeench marines are known for their resistance to small arms firem becouse they are just walking armors, and for their armor piercing inferno bolts. (in 7th edition they have ap3, so technicaly penetrates marine's armor)
so I suggest high resistance to armor piercing damage type (like mutons in original Xcom) and some resistance for other damage types

Also would you add some specialization to the auxillary units? like high psionic resistance to adeptus soritas (and make them useful against enemies with psionic powers in late game), and armor type with build-in heavy weapons for guard units (for heavy weapon support in early game)

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 08, 2018, 04:23:50 pm »
Bug

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 09, 2018, 03:16:06 am »
Bug

i guess its node problem that i haven't learn to fix yet  :P

well i got bigger fish to fry... meanwhile spawning of war mission.. i´m working on it, it´s game breaking bug if not fixed correctly
Also testing the new stuff and doing a new chaos unit

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 09, 2018, 04:02:05 am »
Bug

Was the unit attempting to do anything (moving, using lift, etc.) when the bug happened?

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 09, 2018, 04:47:20 am »
The stage started already with that bug

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #267 on: February 09, 2018, 10:57:52 am »
This bug is completely harmless (many vanilla TFTD maps have the same issue). It denotes a faulty node (probably outside of map's boundaries), and the game ignores such nodes.
Just fix the routes to remove the problem. In some cases it may require doing the .rmp again, though.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2018, 03:54:01 am »
Bug Report: listOrder in the codex is all wrong, I was viewing stormhawk then when I clicked next, it showed me the guard armor, then clicking next again, it showed me the thundrrhawk

True, noticed that playing with new extender version. Also just corrected it , the new extender+ have list order prioritized over sections, so i just reorganized list order in ufopedia

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2018, 03:09:49 pm »
Bug I think, the game freezes after doing a geoscape scan or time lapse in my game, attaching save