aliens

Author Topic: 40k  (Read 374266 times)

Offline ComradArtem

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #240 on: January 11, 2018, 07:07:43 am »
I think that's a false alarm mate, I can close mine properly, just press the tiny little red button in the interface
oh, thanks for the answer, everything works, last time I screen the whole screen in search of a button

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2018, 11:00:34 pm »
hey everyone, so a new release is coming i´m just doing some adjustments so everything works properly.
Like said before , dropoff to all weapons and only aim for scoped ones, so theres a bunch of new bolter paterns to make up for it,
also more ammo type for bolter ( explosives and AP that ignores armor)
none of them will be brought , they will appear random at lost ammo crates in maps witch i made a bunch. so you will get some rare rewards for some missions.(kind of lootboxes without paying) Adds more life to map and a more pleasant experience to the game, also enforces melee in some map (providing cover and only getting aimed shot on bolter after some missions)
Other cosmetic will be in place like dread and terminator paperdools.

Offline Silverwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2018, 03:55:39 am »
I've been playing some more and I now definitely think this mod is too easy. I'm currently at the point where I'm meeting chaos terminators/berserkers and did my first space hulk.

Craft Lascannon seems too strong
- With two stormhawks and my landspeeder, I can shoot down even supply/terror ships. Plus you can manufacture this for excellent profit. I imagine this is the only craft weapon you need in the game, and it doesn't even require ammo. For such an early tech it makes the whole interception game very lacking.

Smoke/tome of smoke is way too strong
- I'm currently more worried about friendly fire than enemy units, because enemies never get a shot off. Most of my best casualties are in fact from friendly fire because I forgot to crouch, or from a stray sniper bullet. The only scenario where AI actually gets to shoot is ~turn 20 when chaos raptors rush the roof of a supply ship or such, and even then it's actually just one round and only if they survive reaction fire. In 99.9% of missions you can cover both landspeeders with tome of smoke from seats 1-2 and kill 7-9 chaos raptors on your own first turn without taking any reaction fire before enemy gets to do anything.

Enemies lack lethality and fear factor
- I would love to see an enemy with a rocket laucher nuking you (or himself, chaos bless him) with frag missiles, or some chaos marine fire full auto incendiary with autocannon. Tyranids also seemed awfully weak, probably because nothing in the game (so far) survives autocannon burst with 50% accuracy, much less 4x 1-2x burst (depending on TU remaining) that you can refresh multiple times with chapter banner.

Small idea - make stormtalon faster (and maybe refuel faster) than stormhawk, right now it doesn't really have any role as it's completely subpar in comparison. Sometimes you just want to see if an enemy craft is a supply ship or a terror ship for example.

Enemy factions would be more strongly themed around the four gods rather  than armour types.

+1 here! Dividing the CSM faction will make gameplay much more interesting, because player must encounter different warbands and choose tactic more carefully. For example, Khorne warband will be more melee-oriented, Nurgle one will be tougher then others, Slaanesh one - fast atacking, and Tzeentch... current CSM is actually Tzeentch warband as all of them are psykers

I support this idea. Even though I'm no modder I think you could achieve something akin to this with this (or I could be completely off).
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4288.0

Khorne band could possibly be made with very low cheatTurn number equipped with melee weapons / grenades / shotguns / flamethrowers and such.

Also would love to see something like a cultist maniac rushing you, occasionally having a primed grenade in their inventory (surprise!).

Don't know if it's possible, but maybe slaanesh troops could get a stat buff if you take too long (enjoying their sweet time you are providing them), while tzeentch troops could summon a powerful rapeface daemon to assist if you take too long conquering a valuable target like a supply ship etc.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:00:57 am by Silverwolf »

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2018, 04:27:18 am »
Its not allowed yet-ish.
Engine limitations

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2018, 03:15:27 pm »
 hey Silverwolf, i´m balancing stuff was i go along, and for that i need your´s and everybody help

I said before i test game in superhuman, so it´s possible to finish in all difficults ( some games are impossible witch is kind of dumb ), also i´m a veteran witch suport ironman
i don´t wanna spoil but there are some hard enemy´s in store, but again armor suffer bonus/penalties based on difficult, that´s the main reason i can´t make chaos armor equal to space marine ( with time and math everything is possible, but cut me some slack)

Craft Lascannon is strong i agree, but it toke you 3 craft´s to take down 1 ship. Remember there´s new players that don´t know to do joint attack with several ships.  Also the more i make chaos ships powerful the more  i need rebalance in bases defenses (again math and testing for balance)
LAS                           #Range 30      Ammo 20        Damage 70      Acc  50%
AVALANCHE              #Range 50       Ammo 3        Damage 100     Acc 80%
Lascannon is a mid tier weapons compared to others (wont spoil the rest)
( to be honest the game i played, i haven´t toke down a last tier chaos , lost some craft in process, still i can make it even more powerful the mid tier ones)

also you cannot use multiple times chapter banner
accuracyAimed: 100
    costAimed:
      time: 25
      energy: 70
      morale: 15
(did i miss something?)

i will do stomhawk require 5 honor badges so it becomes more of a decision to promote stormtalon , also i can make stormtalon faster (and maybe refuel faster)

yes i will redo tome of smoke is way too strong (i don´t play with tomes that often for testing)
new stats
    power: 30  (100 currently)
    damageBonus:
      bravery: 2.2
    costAimed:
      time: 40
      energy: 50
      stun: 25

Also some chaos chosen  have reaper cannon , some guard have rocket launcher, and the most brutal weapon is the chaos sorcerer staff, but the guy don´t uses it dunno why yet (prefers the stupid pistol)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:20:30 pm by bulletdesigner »

Offline Silverwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 18, 2018, 08:26:35 pm »
LAS                           #Range 30      Ammo 20        Damage 70      Acc  50%
AVALANCHE              #Range 50       Ammo 3        Damage 100     Acc 80%

The difference is plasma missiles take 1.5 storage space and cost 9k per piece.

Full salvo from 8x weapon slots = 36 storage space (double that minimum for reserve ammo) + 216k $.

also you cannot use multiple times chapter banner
(did i miss something?)

But you can buy multiple chapter banners and use them on different guys.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 19, 2018, 03:27:12 pm »
Reinforcements arrived! the new centurion armor! Also Spoliers

The difference is plasma missiles take 1.5 storage space and cost 9k per piece.

Full salvo from 8x weapon slots = 36 storage space (double that minimum for reserve ammo) + 216k $.

But you can buy multiple chapter banners and use them on different guys.

Ok just fixed  so only high tier person wears banner and uses it, also resolved the logistic issue for craft weapons take a look and give me your opinion
(again i´m not testing stuff as i correct since i´m working on other stuff and waiting for OXCE+ new entry)

Offline Silverwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 21, 2018, 07:19:10 am »
Well nerfing ammo / reducing slots early game should make it so that you can't just faceroll everything with lascannon so that'll probably work.

Chapter banner though I'd keep as it is now without any nerf, but make both banner and tome inflict way more stun damage on the target so you can't spam either without passing out.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:42:13 am by Silverwolf »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2018, 02:23:16 am »
Well like i said, now that is possible to equip 2x2 armor, i´ve been doing lots of changes, dreadnoughts are now soldier´s with the 3 types armor, to manufacture then you have to use recover dead body´s of fallen brothers
Centurion armor is now available also on late game research.

So i´m taking a while to overhaul all the stuff, and releasing the new version, it´s probable to miss something since i´m updating a lot of department´s at the same time. (weapons ufopedia is a all wrong on weapon stat´s since i´ve been changing stats for balance, lasgun and gravgun ex.)

Still i know it´s the enemy´s department everyone want´s more now that space marines all full of arsenal,  but since i have all the old sprites around i chosen to do more marine stuff and end the chapter.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 26, 2018, 10:50:35 pm »
New version UP,

Beware of bugs (haven´t tested campaign mod for balance)

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2018, 04:32:28 am »
Is the new version uses oxce+ 3.10 features?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2018, 12:10:50 pm »
Is the new version uses oxce+ 3.10 features?

what are the oxce+ 3.10 features? i´m still using 3.9c  i don´t see the 3.10 update, still i know some of you are using

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 01, 2018, 12:00:31 am »
So i guess the main INPUT by all was chaos divided so , i´m working on it

The plague marines from nurgle with health boost and plague/Quimic bolts weapon (maybe dunno yet)

Next in line are rubric marines with heavy psy / psi damage bolts (maybe dunno yet)

Offline armorer87

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 01, 2018, 10:06:22 pm »
What is the difference between chaos marine bolter and nurgle marine bolter? I mean in game mechanic. New weapon damage type? More shots?
Also you can add health regeneration feature like Ghouls from xPiratez, just for lulz and foe the glory of the dark gods!

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2018, 06:04:00 am »
Bug Report: listOrder in the codex is all wrong, I was viewing stormhawk then when I clicked next, it showed me the guard armor, then clicking next again, it showed me the thundrrhawk