Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: 40k
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2017, 12:16:30 pm »
What game is the screenshot from? Looks awesome!

Can't remember this robot, but it's clearly Jagged Alliance 2.

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2017, 12:57:55 pm »
Thanks Scorch :)

It is indeed JA2 and the robot is from a mod I think called bloody grounds :)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2017, 12:51:04 am »
it´s it a ghost in the shell mod? its the spider tank from the anime, dunno about the movie!

Offline SuperCaffeineDude

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • supercaffeinedude
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2017, 02:00:47 am »
Your tank experiment looks awesome, it kind of makes me long to have an antipersonnel turret on advanced transports as unbalanced as that might be.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2017, 03:45:25 am »
it´s it a ghost in the shell mod? its the spider tank from the anime, dunno about the movie!

Looks very much like the one from the first movie, but for the wrong color and a bit thin legs.

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2017, 11:28:23 am »
I extracted the sprite sheet from the JA2 mod but it needs resizing to fit into the HWP template, I posted one frame on my development thread.

A spider tank would be an interesting addition to the XCOM arsenal!

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2017, 03:00:02 am »

We definitely need new code to allow its movement.

got to give 200 on under armor for no granade exploit, since it don´t move,
but what will be awesome if we can equip all our craft with small turrets to give advantage to certain crafts
is there any code for civilian deployment? like in the alien for exemple:

civilianTypes:
      - STR_CRAFT_WEAPON
    civilians: 4
    data:
        lowQty: 4
        highQty: 4
        dQty: 0
        percentageOutsideUfo: 100
and spawn zone
    deployment:
      - [3, 3, 1, 2]
      - [2, 3, 1, 6]
      - [2, 4, 1, 4]
      - [3, 4, 1, 4]

the predator guns can be done because we can control those 3 variables:
 the location
 the type
 the quantity
if the same can be done for civilians it is gold

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2017, 01:49:28 am »
Well I spent a while on this earlier and I can't get to look decent in the HWP builder ... I've posted the files in case any of you other talented people wants to have a go.

and yes I did call it the Araknopod lol ;)

Offline mastermindkar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2017, 04:11:00 am »
Just downloaded this mod and gave it a spin.  Absolutely love it, great work!  Only two problems thus far, though one is a game breaker:

1) Heavy bolter does same damage as regular bolter?  Heresy! Not chapter approved.

2) I keep running into crashes on the geoscape.  These occur at certain times and persist even if I reload an earlier save.  In my first game it happened 5 days in.  In my second game it happens early in the second month.  I've attached my savegame.  I

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2017, 05:34:07 pm »
Just downloaded this mod and gave it a spin.  Absolutely love it, great work!  Only two problems thus far, though one is a game breaker:
1) Heavy bolter does same damage as regular bolter?  Heresy! Not chapter approved.

2) I keep running into crashes on the geoscape.  These occur at certain times and persist even if I reload an earlier save.  In my first game it happened 5 days in.  In my second game it happens early in the second month.  I've attached my savegame.  I

1) heavy bolter has 10 shot´s  and when you get master crafted ammo it get´s even more OP

2) crahes in geoscape usualy are my fault in alien mission scripting, i´m in the middle of doing a lot of side mission witch works in that part, and i´m  taking to long and i haven´t updated  yet  so it all works fluid , still i will see if your save game works with my version and try to help out

--- posts merged ---

mastermindkar
it´s works fine with me your save, as i load  it spawns space hulk mission , so was i said was old mission script

Just updated the 40k file, update it also and it should work fine , also remember you need open xcom extender
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3EJsib7nOiIa3lzbnVTOXhwTEE

also you will need flamers , help´s  a lot ,more effective weapon vs 2x2 units gives damage x4 against large units

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 11:11:11 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline mastermindkar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2017, 12:15:33 am »
Thank you for the quick reply. 

1) That definitely sounds good.  None of my guys are strong enough to use the HB yet.  Low quality gene-seed I suspect.  Does the master-crafted ammo improve damage or accuracy?

2) I downloaded the update and copied it over the existing files.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I have xcom extender so that shouldn't be an issue. 

As for flamers, I've never needed encouragement to light things on fire before...

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2017, 02:30:10 am »

1) That definitely sounds good.  None of my guys are strong enough to use the HB yet.  Low quality gene-seed I suspect.  Does the master-crafted ammo improve damage or accuracy?

master-crafted ammo does more damage
master-crated weapons have more accuracy

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:19:52 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2017, 02:35:15 am »
As a fan of WH40k universe I was interested in this mod and finally got some time to take a look. I played for about a hour and was surprised by the quality of this mod. Srsly, I never expected such a good sprites. But there some thoughts/complaints:
1) weapon mechanics still feels like an original game (X-Com, I mean). Bolters = Rifles, Lasguns = Lasers. WAT. See, lasguns in Wh40k are mass-produced cheap guardsmen weapons and bolters are the sort of BFG compaired to modern ballistic weapons. But here bolters are just a slightly buffed rifles. Oh, and Craft Bolter is still the same useless Craft Cannon from UFO. Both my starting interceptor craft has been destroyed by the same enemy craft despite the second interceptor was armed with crack missiles.
2) I guess shotgun should be renamed to stubber (since most shotgun-like weapons in WH40k are falling to this category).
3) FEMALE SPACE MARINES?! HELL NO! (but anyway this may be leftover from the original game, so I'm sorry for this complaint)

Anyway I'm still amazed by your work. Perhaps all my complaints are coming from the fact that I was trying to play this mod just like vanilla.

P.S.: found a typo
STR_STINGRAY_LAUNCHER: Krak Missile Launcher
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:48:20 am by Dr.Crowley »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2017, 12:59:17 pm »
As a fan of WH40k universe I was interested in this mod and finally got some time to take a look. I played for about a hour and was surprised by the quality of this mod. Srsly, I never expected such a good sprites. But there some thoughts/complaints:
1) weapon mechanics still feels like an original game (X-Com, I mean). Bolters = Rifles, Lasguns = Lasers. WAT. See, lasguns in Wh40k are mass-produced cheap guardsmen weapons and bolters are the sort of BFG compaired to modern ballistic weapons. But here bolters are just a slightly buffed rifles. Oh, and Craft Bolter is still the same useless Craft Cannon from UFO. Both my starting interceptor craft has been destroyed by the same enemy craft despite the second interceptor was armed with crack missiles.
2) I guess shotgun should be renamed to stubber (since most shotgun-like weapons in WH40k are falling to this category).
3) FEMALE SPACE MARINES?! HELL NO! (but anyway this may be leftover from the original game, so I'm sorry for this complaint)

Anyway I'm still amazed by your work. Perhaps all my complaints are coming from the fact that I was trying to play this mod just like vanilla.

P.S.: found a typo
STR_STINGRAY_LAUNCHER: Krak Missile Launcher

1) bolter is the have much more power in the game than lasguns  stats to prove:

damageAlter: #DA BOLTER normal ammo
      ToArmorPre: 0.1
      ToHealth: 1.0   
    power: 60

damageAlter: #DA BOLTER mastercrafted ammo
      ToArmorPre: 0.1
      ToHealth: 1.0   
    explosionSpeed: 5   
    power: 80

power: 70 lasgun ammo
    damageAlter: #DA LAS
      ToArmorPre: 0.5
      ToHealth: 0.9

damageModifier: #CHAOS ARMOR
      - 1.0 #none
      - 1.0 #AP
      - 0.8 #FLAMES
      - 1.0 #HE
      - 0.8 #LASCANON
      - 1.1 #PLASMA
      - 1.1 #STUN
      - 1.1 #MELEE
      - 1.0 #ACID
      - 0.0 #SMOKE

Still las is more effective to vehicles like in the damn of war concept
Also in chaos gate lasgun is more powerful than regular bolter, they downgrade it when the created the imperial guard
I made so that in the endgame, bolter be the regular weapon of the game with mastercrafted ammo

also you need 2 crafts at same time to take down ufo  at the beginning so they don´t became shooting ducks by endgame and force more decisions

2) http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Shotgun  Astartes Assault Shotgun - While not as iconic or widespread amongst Space Marines as the Astartes Bolter, the Astartes Assault Shotgun is a powerful and versatile weapon commonly used by their Scouts.

3) GW board room someone said " we need girl´s in this" " i know make then space marines" other said" but we love money and they only will buy head bits"" i know make the totally different space marines  but equal powerful with same gear and vehicles  even thought it makes no sense since space marines now have 2 hearts and are twice as tall as man" and call it heresy because we can give 2 heart but not remove big breast""ho man i love paychecks"     

one of my fav. game of all time is chaos gate, the main reason i´m doing this mod instead of playing it is 2 reasons:
--assault cannon deus ex machina everything is useless  even in hardcoremode
--characters are ussless (except librarian)
so my main goal is to do that balance weapons so every marine is important
and every character is important

i won´t start ranting about dawn of war where every marine is cannon fodder and someone watched lord of the ring and turn squads in to legions because we love paychecks
Also the fucking cristiano ronaldo has force commander in dawn of war 2 man that to me is more heresy than female space marine ("yeah f*ck captain kruger a wise old chapter captain we need teen´s in this""ho man we love paychecks" )

ho well sorry about mini rant i guess some passion was to be expected
i work with a lot of investors and they don´t give a fuck about context and art they just want $$ paychecks
and since i make no money in this, my decisions are made so i can play a good chaos gate  ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2017, 07:40:41 am »
I've made a little something you might find useful...