aliens

Author Topic: 40k  (Read 373990 times)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« on: November 03, 2016, 01:03:22 pm »
"40k" - Warhammer 40k Total Conversion

Pick up space marine mod from Ryskeliini, and completely done a full conversion on x-com
This mod is a 40k universe total conversion. The player command the ultramarine chapter intervention on a planet.
The mod provides a planet being siege by chaos forces! Warp storm prevent reinforcement from outside sectors.

Link to the mod on openxcom.mod.io
Invite to the discord server

For changelog and donwload
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6452.0.html

the code if you wanna use for naming:  # devastator  % assault   & sniper/scout   ^ tatical   | veteran   _ ultramarine/scout  @ librarian  § Requisition point)

Features:
- All Armory the chapter can provide
- All New equipment
- Chaos Forces
- A bit more complex research and manufacturing
- Changed text, backgrounds, cutscenes
- Changed Music
- Eldar Forces
- Sisters of Battle
- Guard

Installation:
Requires openxcom extender
- Unpack the archive
- Copy the 40k folder in the mods folder
- Activate the mod in options
- Only EN-US language supported

Recommended Options:
- UFO damage formula
- Alien pick up weapon
- Live Alien Sale
- Explosion Height: 3
- Enforce Storage Limits
- Force Craft Launch
- Airborne Transfers
- Alien Bleeding
- PSI Line of sight

Credits:
 - Big props to Ryskeliini for the space marine stuff and Dixone/ohartenstein23 for the help
 - Used a lot of maps from Terrainpack so special thks to Hobbes also so help on side
- Tools
  - MCDEdit (https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=MCDEdit)
  - Mapview (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1321.0.html)
- OXCE+ by Yankes and Meridian
- Sprites, sounds, maps, ruleset code etc:
  - All around thanks to everyone, i used lot of stuff from other mods for reference and change it to 40k universe
  - Background images from various internet sources

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 04:49:23 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 07:43:26 am »
Looks amazing...

Offline The Think Tank

• Captain
  • "If we can't see them, they can't see us!" - Rook
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 05:22:37 am »
Indeed it does, keep up the good work! In the meantime I will test it out and see how it rumbles, best of luck to you!

Online Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 09:39:23 am »
For the Emperor!
Do you think about change global map?

Offline RaoulDuke

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 09:09:56 am »
Love this mod.  Graphics, sounds and gameplay changes are top notch.  Add a few more alien races and some new terrains and this could be one of the best mods for xcom.

One bug report:  I'm on my first terror mission and when I kill one of the enemies the game crashes.  Perhaps a missing animation?

Anyway, great work, keep it up!

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 04:24:57 pm »
One bug report:  I'm on my first terror mission and when I kill one of the enemies the game crashes.  Perhaps a missing animation?
Anyway, great work, keep it up!

Witch one? maybe i missed something on ruleset... i replaced all original x-com races for chaos one, so it can be a conflict with other mod that changes aliens

For the Emperor!
Do you think about change global map?

Yes, but i don´t have the skill´s to do it!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 09:13:37 pm »
Keep Terra as is, swap ultramarines for Imperial Fists/Blood Angels/White Scars (3 soldier types, with slightly different stats and also access only to armors of their chapters, which also have slightly different stats, like better aim on IF armors, better movement on WS Bikes and BA jump packs?) and replay the siege of Terra. Man, that'd be something...!

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 09:33:06 pm »
Keep Terra as is, swap ultramarines for Imperial Fists/Blood Angels/White Scars (3 soldier types, with slightly different stats and also access only to armors of their chapters, which also have slightly different stats, like better aim on IF armors, better movement on WS Bikes and BA jump packs?) and replay the siege of Terra. Man, that'd be something...!

All armor give different stats, you got more tu´s with jump pack and also more melee, command unit´s have more health , honor guard have more health and aim , devastator more str for heavy weapons, etc  ... it all depend´s on your strategy , tactical armor like the original chaos gate is for using grenades. All soldier come with different stats you have to adjust it to armor and weapons, ex. if it comes with good str. you can make him use heavy weapons without devastator armor, if it comes with good health use it as Sargent it will cost more to die, with good aim use it as sniper etc.. makes no sense i do that job for you.. since that´s the fun of the game the random guy becoming the captain Kruger, also stat´s cap increased to have more progression , and make more sense on what i´m preaching

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 09:37:33 pm »
I'm not sure what you got from my message, but it was a joke at how to keep using the geoscape while developing battlescape assets (something you've done a great job with): to refight the siege of Terra. It was neither serious nor intended as a critic of your work or demanding that you do something differently.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 09:59:57 pm »
I'm not sure what you got from my message, but it was a joke at how to keep using the geoscape while developing battlescape assets (something you've done a great job with): to refight the siege of Terra. It was neither serious nor intended as a critic of your work or demanding that you do something differently.

To be honest I also took your post as an actual suggestion... :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 10:22:30 pm »
Fair enough, hopefully the clarification takes away the idea of an insultingly demanding suggestion ;P It was written quickly and without thinking, as a reaction to thinking: "What could one do with 40k and a Terra looking planet? hum... !!!!!" But thinking more about it, even that would need geoscape work since the oceans have evaporated and other crazy stuff.

Offline RaoulDuke

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 10:38:26 pm »
Witch one? maybe i missed something on ruleset... i replaced all original x-com races for chaos one, so it can be a conflict with other mod that changes aliens

It was a winged demon with a sword (at least that's what it looked like) that caused the crash when killed.  I'm not using any other mods.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 12:17:38 pm »
It was a winged demon with a sword (at least that's what it looked like) that caused the crash when killed.  I'm not using any other mods.

Are you using OXCE ? that´s a fundamental, its works without it , but not well and can cause some crashes. Does the bug persists? Send me the savegame

No worry´s Arthanor i didn´t take it the wrong way, it will be kool to add varies to the landscape and world , also missions, but     thinking about learning the coding/ruleset for that, makes me not do anything.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 12:27:13 pm »
Yes, globe editors are extremely rare... To my knowledge, Hobbes is the only non-developer who has mastered it. And globe editing isn't trivial.
Falko actually made an editor, but it's also black magic to me. :P

Offline RaoulDuke

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 10:19:48 pm »
Are you using OXCE ? that´s a fundamental, its works without it , but not well and can cause some crashes. Does the bug persists? Send me the savegame

Yes I am using OXCE.  That is just a simple .exe replacement right?  Perhaps I'm using it wrong?

I started a new game and got to another terror mission.  This time there is a 4 legged robot that crashes the game when it dies.  Whatever problem I'm encountering seems to happen with all 2x2 enemies.  I included the savegame.