Author Topic: 40k  (Read 374286 times)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #540 on: January 24, 2020, 01:21:13 pm »
For single Shot´s Use the Lascannon or fire, For combine fire , use meltas  with other small arms. Also We are balancing the difficult be equal to all , so we dont have this issues , where we can´t tell if it´s easy or hard, because it depends on difficult level.

Offline warbear1976

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 27, 2020, 11:08:16 am »
Oh, I'm playing at the easiest level.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 21, 2020, 03:21:15 am »
Version 024 is now live - we have some big visual updates with a new set of Geoscape UI colors, short cutscenes for briefings, and new terrains, plus the option to select between Space Marines and Imperial Guard at the very start of your campaign! Check it out on our mod.io page!

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 22, 2020, 10:51:48 am »
This looks quite nice. Too bad I'm burned out with WH40k, the mod is promising. Are the different campaign options future playable factions besides Sphees Mahrines! and the IG, such as say orks? Will there be options to do techno-heresy and innovate by researching and producing stuff that is not a thing in the lore (ie: A rapid-fire meltagun)?

Lastly but not least: While the units having voiced lines is a nice touch, it gets annoying quickly. Is there a way to disable them?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 22, 2020, 03:54:50 pm »
The Sisters of Battle are the next planned faction, and we're almost ready to make it in this release. We won't do non-Imperial player factions for this mod since that would require too much work on top of our infrastructure for the campaign. However, we'd probably be willing to share resources with someone who wants to take up making a new mod.

We likely won't be creating new weapons that aren't in the lore already, there's plenty of content to keep us busy sticking within lore.

To turn off the unit response sounds, you just need to find

Code: [Select]
enableUnitResponseSounds: true

and switch it to false. Probably in the vars ruleset. You can also turn down the frequency of them if you want to here them but not too often.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 22, 2020, 04:33:53 pm »
Thanks for the answers!

Shame about the lack of innovation/techno-heresy. Perhaps if you go Chaos, this would be an option in the far future?
Speaking of innovation: Will the Adeptus Mechanicus become a playable faction? They do have tons of fun toys, and two separate armies (techpriests' own stuff and the Skitarii).

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 22, 2020, 04:44:14 pm »
Yes, I was thinking admech or maybe inquisitors would be next in terms of the amount of effort required, but that's still a ways off. New units/soldier types and craft are the most work intensive part of the mod and the main limiting factor on factions added - it's taken us years to get 2-3, and only 1 is truly "done". So we usually pick what allows us to recycle the most bits - IG we already had the basic soldiers in flak and carapace, plus the Valkyrie and Lightning tilesets when I started working on them. The Sisters we had their basic unit, but bulletdesigner is adding a bunch of new armors and some craft for them. Admech will be harder since we'll have to make new unit sprites, but we can copy bits of others, say the servo-arms of the techmarine and support servitor and the robes from the servitor.

That being said, any other faction probably won't be ready soon. It takes a few months to get enough resources to release even the most basic version of a new faction.

Offline Silverwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 09, 2020, 03:16:07 pm »
Hey, new version, good to see assault bike fixed with drop-pods, always wanted to use it. I lost my previous v023 save in a HD crash, was really liking the mod though, even weapon balance felt right and every weapon had a nice purpose to it (although heavy melta felt disappointing due to 0-20 dmg rng). Was always wishing I found some of those meta weapons from crates but I only got the laser shit (I think the scoped pistol is the only one I've ever found from bolters). Also shotgun was a weapon I really couldn't see any use for since it's utterly incapable of penetrating armor in any practical scenario.

I played on the 2nd highest difficulty (primarch) with assault marines on ironman, found the early game just about right, but approaching late game I found myself wishing I picked emperor instead. How does the flattened difficulty compare to primarch/emperor now that you can no longer select difficulty? Especially things like base defense, do I need two hangars in every base to insure proper enemy spawn locations?

Also is it possible to unlock melta grenades/bombs with assault/devastator strategy? The tech-tree picture is kinda unclear on this. I was kinda slow in doing the side-missions in my save.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 09, 2020, 05:45:09 pm »
first point, melta gives 0-20 each pellet (works like a shotgun) and melts armor.
The Crates are random the more mission you do, more changes you pick up good spoils
There are more ork´s and cultist new version  to make use of the shotgun  ;)

second point there are no more difficulty setting, new system now, you choose by faction, and difficult is equal for all

third point, yes , if you complete side operations ( shorter now ) you get all strategy special weapons

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 02, 2020, 12:23:37 pm »
Yes, I was thinking admech or maybe inquisitors would be next in terms of the amount of effort required, but that's still a ways off. New units/soldier types and craft are the most work intensive part of the mod and the main limiting factor on factions added - it's taken us years to get 2-3, and only 1 is truly "done". So we usually pick what allows us to recycle the most bits - IG we already had the basic soldiers in flak and carapace, plus the Valkyrie and Lightning tilesets when I started working on them. The Sisters we had their basic unit, but bulletdesigner is adding a bunch of new armors and some craft for them. Admech will be harder since we'll have to make new unit sprites, but we can copy bits of others, say the servo-arms of the techmarine and support servitor and the robes from the servitor.

That being said, any other faction probably won't be ready soon. It takes a few months to get enough resources to release even the most basic version of a new faction.

If you ever have trouble designing the Ad-Mech, consider checking the Mechanicus game from Bulwark. It is quite a convincing representation of their army plus their insane firepower.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #550 on: April 02, 2020, 06:39:56 pm »
If you ever have trouble designing the Ad-Mech, consider checking the Mechanicus game from Bulwark. It is quite a convincing representation of their army plus their insane firepower.

That game was pure heresy in its portrayal of AdMech :P

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 02, 2020, 07:25:24 pm »
Why? Was it because it shows them as relatable people? Because their gear makes Sphees MAHRINES! (TM) look like weaklings (which they do)? Because Necrons aren't OP enough here?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #552 on: April 03, 2020, 09:58:58 am »
Why? Was it because it shows them as relatable people? Because their gear makes Sphees MAHRINES! (TM) look like weaklings (which they do)? Because Necrons aren't OP enough here?

-_-

Yeah, whatever. That game (and its lore) was a bad joke. AM do not operate that way, they do not think that way, and it was a perversion of their culture and beliefs.

Offline Anzora

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 04, 2020, 05:26:01 pm »
Just discovered this mod, and I'm loving it so far. However, when I'm playing as imperial guard, I find that my guardsmen can barely throw a grenade 4 or 5 squares away, whereas traitor guardsmen are routinely throwing grenades from across the map, easily further than lasgun range. I'm struggling on a lot of missions, when traitor guard throw 2 or 3 grenades into my chimera on the first turn and kill half my men. Is this intended behaviour?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 04, 2020, 06:52:48 pm »
Traitor Guardsman are very well trained and have high strength, which translates to long throwing range. Your guardsmen can get fairly high strength, but it takes a lot of training. However, you get access to Ogryn who can have even higher strength by default - they make pretty grenadiers from the get-go.