aliens

Author Topic: 40k  (Read 374083 times)

Offline perekrylo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #480 on: December 28, 2018, 03:18:48 pm »
hey next version will be enforce , and that version be release soon  enough with a lot of corrections... but  meanwhile just replace this file in ruleset folder.
Once the mode becomes "main" there is no side mod available to active (we have to put that sub mod in the folder)
Thanx a bunch :)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 29, 2018, 05:55:59 pm »
New version is up with lots of fixes and a few updates, but don't worry, more content to come before too long!

Edit: There were some bugs introduced when bulletdesigner and I were combining our updates, a new version of release 015 is being uploaded right now - make sure you get the one dated 29 December instead of the 28th!

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 05, 2019, 02:05:32 pm »
Ok this is absurd, you made the chaos warbeasts and raptors WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too tanky, nothing short of a heavy bolter burst to the face of one these units or a lucky sniper shot or 6 is enough to kill them, what the hell canon are you going by? Love the mod soo far regardless, but godamn tone down the enemy HP.

Also whats with chaos raptors having roughly 60% more accuracy with their dinky plasma pistols than my high-accuracy snipers? Might want to consider giving them a weapon that isn't guaranteed to hit -something- every round.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 05, 2019, 04:12:35 pm »
Chaos juggnaut is a 2x2 unit with no range attack, so they are limited in all aspects except health and armor, use it to your advantage. In the long game they even become useless for chaos.
But long short answer flamers do the job ez. All pistols have good acc but no aimed shot, so I guess is difficult settings that is tiping the balance.

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 06, 2019, 12:30:31 pm »
Allright, I hear you on those points, but for real, I just saw a chaos raptor toss a grenade from not 1, 2, but 3 screens away. No, just no, roflmao. They either need to have their throw-stat somewhat on par with reality or just take their grenades away period, that was absurd. I'm playing on the third difficulty btw.

Edit: I can't suggest this game to anyone with that level of OP jank going on. Especially from enemies not even 2-3 hours into the game.

Edit 2: I might be unfamiliar with some of the nuance of xcom 1, but it seems like the enemy gets 2 turns???

edit 3: So testing things with ogryn a bit I had around 7 of them unloading 2-3 series of autoshots into a chaos raptor exactly 5 units away from them to no avail, then reloaded and had one one-shot him with a melee attack, lol
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 01:54:26 pm by Balgias »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 06, 2019, 07:18:35 pm »
Raptors are equivalent to Space Marines in their power suits armor-wise, so asking to get them reduced would mean we'd have to tune down the player's armor too. Their strength is equivalent to Mutons from the original X-Com, so that grenade throw is no more unbelievable than getting one tossed at you in the vanilla game. The AI does not get two turns either, they have always done their single turn in two phases.

As for dealing with Raptors, you have plenty of tools even from the beginning of the game to deal with them - the missile launcher, taking multiple shots with snipers, reducing armor with bolters or lasguns first to soften them up, etc. Ogryns' Ripper Guns will eventually reduce their armor, but in general melee is meant to be the much stronger option for them.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 06, 2019, 07:34:14 pm »
Also you don't need to win the terror mission, you only need points to be positive, so you can skip one terror as a strategic way to spare troops, you need 2 negative months to lose.

Offline Anon011

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 06, 2019, 09:55:20 pm »
Ok this is absurd, you made the chaos warbeasts and raptors WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too tanky, nothing short of a heavy bolter burst to the face of one these units or a lucky sniper shot or 6 is enough to kill them
Thats nothing yet, wait till you see Chaos Terminators, this is pure suffering to fight with, at least Raptors and Warbeasts die from 1-3 Sniper AP shots or 1 Lascannon shot, same cant be said about Chaos Terminators.

But really no offense but armor values forced me to come up with some radicilous troops composition, like 2 snipers with AP, 2 marines with Lascannons, one medic marine and one guy with bolter or something light for scouting.

Offline TheDeparted

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 06, 2019, 11:44:53 pm »
Hi TheDeparted, we have pedia text for all of the IG stuff and I've been working my way through the current set of strings/text to clean them up, but for any article that looks like it has just stand-in text (e.g. the article text is just the title of the article) or is copied straight from UFO we'd appreciate it if you wanted to write those.

If you have any artistic inclination or are good at finding other image sources, I'd appreciate a good image for the IG medic armor in the pedia, both in Flak and Carapace - nothing I've found so far really fits the aesthetic for the rest of the pedia.

Hi there! Sure, will do (the part with the text)! Could you please attach the said files in the thread "Text and lore"?

Regarding the images, I'm afraid I cannot do much, but maybe I'll get lucky with Google.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 10:14:31 pm by TheDeparted »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 10, 2019, 06:52:14 pm »
Version 016 is now released!

As part of this update, we've included a script that changes how the TU penalty for being overweight works. This should make the heavy weapons easier to use and make it less of a pain to bring in the early game against Raptors! Instead of losing TUs, your energy will be reduced to a cap equivalent to the percent TUs you would have had left after the normal penalty. However, Terminator weapons will apply both the energy and the TU penalty to compensate, so be careful in handing them out to the unworthy.

Edit: IMPORTANT:

If you downloaded the new version within the first hour after the release, there was a bug that had a chance of spawning the wrong retaliation mission when shooting down craft. Please either re-download the mod or replace the attached ruleset in your install.

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 10, 2019, 09:16:54 pm »
https://puu.sh/CuCSR.png

on the third difficulty on .16

2 krak grenades, 7 salvos of full auto ripper gun, two strikes from a power fist, a sniper AP round, a burst of AP heavy bolter, a full auto bolter shot and 3 pistol bolter shots and this piece of trash is still standing. I'm utterly convinced you've over-turned the armor on a unit that takes my entire force at 100% to not even kill right out the gate. You guys need to scrap having warbeasts/raptors as one of the only enemies early game, they're the hardest in the game. Traitors, cultists, orks and slanneshi aren't even slightly as difficult as warbeasts and raptors.

on a previous run on a lategame assault tactic army I had the raptors/warbeasts were one of the only forces that gave me any issue, when most of my encounters were spent fighting traitor guard and normal traitor marines it became a chore.

There are no tools for dealing with units not even a month into the game that can out-move, out-range, and most especially out-damage everything you can do several fold when you obviously have much easier enemies to be spawning ingame IE traitor guard and cultists, IF it's a design choice to have easier content gated behind extremely difficult content for the sake of trying to artificially produce a challenge then I've got to say that's very unwise to have the base timeline of events to playing out ingame.

" Thats nothing yet, wait till you see Chaos Terminators, this is pure suffering to fight with, at least Raptors and Warbeasts die from 1-3 Sniper AP shots or 1 Lascannon shot, same cant be said about Chaos Terminators.

But really no offense but armor values forced me to come up with some radicilous troops composition, like 2 snipers with AP, 2 marines with Lascannons, one medic marine and one guy with bolter or something light for scouting. "

I've dealt with chaos terminators like they're nothing. A few melee strikes from behind is easy to pull off later game once they've shown up.

Edit: It doesn't even make sense from a lore perspective that raptors and warbeasts are the first forces deployed given the existence of cultists and traitor guard.

Edit 2: Making the early-game unfun on purpose discourages players from trying out other tactics if they might have run into difficulties later on in their run.

Edit 3: Friends of mine I'm trying to recommend this mod to are also sick of the difficulty curve early game
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:34:38 pm by Balgias »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 10, 2019, 09:26:11 pm »
Have you tried flamers or lasguns? Seriously, you're using the wrong weapons to destroy Juggernauts - the Ripper might damage armor a little bit, but it's an anti-infantry weapon. Same with sniper AP bullets, heavy bolter AP rounds, and almost all bolter weapons. Lasguns might not look powerful compared to a bolter, but it gets much more powerful against things with vehicle-type armor and melts armor faster than bolts will. Flamers ignore armor and damage large units like the Juggernaut 4 times per AoE hit - they'll kill one in 2-3 full bursts. I am doing a Let's Play of this and have shown a number of ways of dealing with Raptors in month one with the Imperial Guard - you can see here in episodes 3, 4, and 6-8 where I face Raptors.

This mod has a steep learning curve, but we give you the tools to deal with the enemies. There are articles in the "Assistance" portion of the Codex that could have helped you in this situation, and you've ignored a good half of the starting weaponry when saying we give you no tools to deal with this enemy. As Dioxine says about his mod Piratez, "Read or die."

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 10, 2019, 09:37:57 pm »
Have you tried flamers or lasguns? Seriously, you're using the wrong weapons to destroy Juggernauts - the Ripper might damage armor a little bit, but it's an anti-infantry weapon. Same with sniper AP bullets, heavy bolter AP rounds, and almost all bolter weapons. Lasguns might not look powerful compared to a bolter, but it gets much more powerful against things with vehicle-type armor and melts armor faster than bolts will. Flamers ignore armor and damage large units like the Juggernaut 4 times per AoE hit - they'll kill one in 2-3 full bursts. I am doing a Let's Play of this and have shown a number of ways of dealing with Raptors in month one with the Imperial Guard - you can see here in episodes 3, 4, and 6-8 where I face Raptors.

This mod has a steep learning curve, but we give you the tools to deal with the enemies. There are articles in the "Assistance" portion of the Codex that could have helped you in this situation, and you've ignored a good half of the starting weaponry when saying we give you no tools to deal with this enemy. As Dioxine says about his mod Piratez, "Read or die."

It makes zero sense at all that lasguns and flamers would be a better tool than weaponry that is specifically worded as being ARMOR PENETRATING. It also seems extremely cheesed for a unit to be getting hit multiple times per attack just because its model takes up more than one tile.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 10, 2019, 09:46:21 pm »
Take up the naming convention problem with Julian Gollop, it's been this way since X-Com that the "Armor Piercing" ammo for weapons have always been worse against the armored targets. We can rename the damage type and the ammo items, but they're not getting buffed against things like the Juggernaut. Same with the damage hitting 2x2 units harder, this is how it has always been in X-Com and OpenXCom, and frankly I enjoy that it encourages a variety of weapons.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 10, 2019, 11:37:32 pm »
It´s the legacy mechanics of X-COM, there are several "game logic breaking" weapons, flamer´s/ psi/ smoke nades.  those 3 weapons cause some unbalance in the game, both ways, but i rather having it by choice than not having them at all (even thought in chaos gate smoke act´s the same way, and psi is still OP), flame is OP against chaos dreadnought´s (hardest unit in the game IMO).

Also i agree on difficult, some time ago i said the hardest part of the game is the first wave, after that is clean sail, but it´s also the more enjoyable part because is where there is challenge.
Also i think raptor/cultist/guard on first terror it´s all random but i can´t confirm