Author Topic: 40k  (Read 373971 times)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #435 on: July 27, 2018, 02:03:16 pm »
I actually found this ^ awesome, makes perfect sense and looks/sounds darn impressive.
Even though when quicktesting it in the battlegenerator (before reading ANYTHING) i thought something had gone wrong as i was seemingly stuck without a way out  :P

But then I actually had some dead chaos guys under the droppods weh they opened, it seems i had a squishy landing or they were too close when they opened  :D Great idea and implementation!

Offline mephias

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 10, 2018, 12:29:26 am »
Hey, Im having a BLAST playing this mod. You really did a fantastic job so far.   :) ;)

Still havent finished my first "exploring the mod" playthrough but I have few questions / suggestions already:

1. Librarian armor gives -10 psi skill / strength. Is it something from lore like they are more exposed to warp or something ? Wouldnt it be more lore-wise to give them bonus to psi as if they "trained" that stuff or have enhanced armor ? My w40k lore is definitely not as good as most of the people on this forum but when I found Librarian armor I was like "Cool, finally some boosted psi action" and then bam, -10 psi.  ;D

2. Techmarine armor has built-in Servo-arm in hand, so techmarine cant use two handed weapons without aim penalty (or not at all) which doesnt really make sense as techmarines servo-arm behaves more like third arm so it doesnt really block their two arms when shooting two handed. Isnt there a way to avoid this restriction ? My first though was making servo-arm as special weapon but they already have probe there so i dont know if its possible to have two items there.

3. Somehow I got this item called "7UPLAT4" (U is the ultramarine sign) and have no idea what to do with it (have 5 of them). Part of unfinished stuff ?

4. I read the codex about the Soldier Marks but there are still 2 that appear next to my soldiers names that arent mentioned there, One is the Ultramarine U Sign and second one is this small (smaller than the rest of marks) "scout armor-like" or a "goat head like" thing. Second one might be the Hero mark but i really dont see the skull in that. What are they for ?

5. Again about the marks. The change of mark to elite is nice and all, but when i have for example a soldier with 2 elite marks I have zero idea if he is elite scout and devastator, or assault and tactical etc. without looking at his stats. I suggest either somehow differentiate them (might be hard considering marks get really small on the UI most of the time) changing it so that he gets one Elite mark when he excels at all four of them, or giving them certain order with possible "blanks", like if soldier excels as tactical and scout it would show X__X (X being elite mark), or excels as tactical, scout and good as devastator it would show Xd_X (d being devastator mark).

6. There is this bug I encountered when you want to reload your weapon while still having ammo left. When you unload your weapon and put magazine missing some ammo in your inventory (to lower part where everything your soldiers arent using right now is stored) and inventory gets refreshed, the magazine combines with rest of the full magazines and looks like it gets refreshed to full ammo. My guess is its xcom related and not mod related tho.

7. Can it be made that the Add Pilot button in craft menu checks for soldiers in your base instead of craft crew? Right now I have to add soldiers to craft crew first and then if number of soldiers is greater than required number of pilots I can add remove them as pilots. It makes sense for crafts that you use for ground missions with many soldiers but not for interception-only crafts with 1 crew space (and basically everything thats not droppod for me because i do ground missions with droppods and use every other craft for interception only)

8. Whats the real use of Tarantulas ? Looks like I cant move them so if I deploy them in Thunderhawk for example I can just shoot from inside of it and that feels weird.

Again, you (and everyone who helped) did a really great job with this mod and I hope you will continue to improve it even more.  :)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 10, 2018, 12:12:55 pm »
hey man, thks for playing the mod
i will try to answer all point´s

1. true , the main reason is for balance , psi is a OP weapon and if you train hard, you can win the game with just one psiker, mind controling all the way till the end, so is to give a bit more difficulty, there are some unit immune units but 90% are prey

2. true, but tech armor already have special ability, only 1 per armor, i cant do much about it, have to use hand slot

3- it´s the eldar platform corpse , i will check it

4- "goat like it" is the skull , y the U is scout i forgot to change to the bull´s eye (y i will have to change some stuff) bull´s eye means ranged atack so it´s  confusing i will change

5- true , got to cut me slak on that one , since a the alphabet in use is limited, and i don´t have space for other 4 mark´s

6- true, not my department ( i will check and report it)

7- true i agree, i thought about it, first time i dunno how to add pilot´s, but again not my department

8- tarantula is just a defense turret that can´t move (missiles have way point to balance that also , there is no limit in base defense mission)

Offline Skullar

• Sergeant
  • Deranged Angry Mexican Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 26, 2018, 05:38:51 pm »
I'm having a hard time modifying ruleset values in the mod, more specifically I'm trying to modify the number of autoshots from the heavy bolter (yeah I know, sorry I'm guilty :-[ but I got really used to the old 40k version of that weapon ::) ) I change the value but I see no changes in-game it keeps being the same, so I was wondering if it has something to do with the weapontype? never had this issue before I don't know what I'm doing wrong (or what I'm not doing right :P) I'm editing the Items_40k ruleset, sorry for this n00b question but this is driving me crazy, thanks in advance :beer:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 05:40:52 pm by Skullar »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 26, 2018, 06:01:46 pm »
I'm having a hard time modifying ruleset values in the mod, more specifically I'm trying to modify the number of autoshots from the heavy bolter (yeah I know, sorry I'm guilty :-[ but I got really used to the old 40k version of that weapon ::) ) I change the value but I see no changes in-game it keeps being the same, so I was wondering if it has something to do with the weapontype? never had this issue before I don't know what I'm doing wrong (or what I'm not doing right :P) I'm editing the Items_40k ruleset, sorry for this n00b question but this is driving me crazy, thanks in advance :beer:

First off, are you using any other mods like the IG mod or the weapon rework?  Those should be loaded after this main mod, so if any changes to the heavy bolter's auto shot there, they will overwrite any changes you make in Items_40k.rul.  If you have personal edits you'd like to do, it'd be better to create your own mod to load last after all the others (i.e. it's on the bottom of the mods list in the options menus), then nothing else will override it.

All you'd need for that mod is just a folder and a .rul text file containing the following:
Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_AUTO_CANNON
    autoShots: 10 # or some other number you want

Offline Moon_Dew

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 07, 2018, 04:53:45 pm »
Game's crashing attempting to load an Offworld Invasion map, it can't fully generate the map.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 07, 2018, 05:32:04 pm »
Game's crashing attempting to load an Offworld Invasion map, it can't fully generate the map.

Can you send save?

Offline AgrailLord

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 19, 2018, 03:49:48 pm »
The game crashed when I tried to go on the terror mission.

log:
[19-09-2018_17-12-24]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Map failed to fully generate.

Save file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17aJPESYmAN5lUWeKNL6i1AvpQLwrUheI

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 19, 2018, 04:52:22 pm »
The game crashed when I tried to go on the terror mission.

log:
[19-09-2018_17-12-24]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Map failed to fully generate.

Save file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17aJPESYmAN5lUWeKNL6i1AvpQLwrUheI

i will check into it

-- posts merged, as double-posting here was not justified ---

AgrailLord, and also Moon_Dew , talked to  ohartenstein23  and he helped me find and fixed the bug that was recurrent, was a map generation script that was incorrect on my part, download the today version just updated it with that script corrected
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 08:00:47 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Skullar

• Sergeant
  • Deranged Angry Mexican Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 25, 2018, 06:15:20 am »
First off, are you using any other mods like the IG mod or the weapon rework?  Those should be loaded after this main mod, so if any changes to the heavy bolter's auto shot there, they will overwrite any changes you make in Items_40k.rul.  If you have personal edits you'd like to do, it'd be better to create your own mod to load last after all the others (i.e. it's on the bottom of the mods list in the options menus), then nothing else will override it.

All you'd need for that mod is just a folder and a .rul text file containing the following:
items:
  - type: STR_AUTO_CANNON
    autoShots: 10 # or some other number you want

Thanks a lot! yes it worked like a charm :D

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 09, 2018, 11:27:49 pm »
2. i´m terrible in UFOpedia colors
I encountered a similar problem with intro, and found the cause: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6711.msg106631.html
The solution I figured out is rather cumbersome: rearrange the image palette to get a sequence of 4 colours you need for the font, plus 1 unused: fill-rounding-anything-serif-border, e.g. white-light grey-anything-dark grey-black; then specify the colour index before "fill/white" as the caption colour.

Do you know of an easier way?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 10, 2018, 02:16:12 pm »
ufopedia colors of the texting was the issue, someone point me to the right line of rulletset that change the problem(color´s). Also i corrected the FONT with pallet in photoshop there was some holes that cause the black point´s
In the intro now is used cinematics, but i also have the no sound issue so i will have to take a deeper look into your post

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 10, 2018, 02:46:21 pm »
In the intro now is used cinematics, but i also have the no sound issue so i will have to take a deeper look into your post
As I wrote there, all I know comes from Dune: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2957.0.html
musics:
  - type: CONSPIRI
    normalization: 2
cutscenes:
  - delete: intro
  - type: intro
    slideshow:
      musicId: CONSPIRI
      slides:
        - imagePath: cutscenes/dump-1.png
          caption: STR_INTRO0
          captionColor: 253
          transitionSeconds: 10
Music files are in SOUND, and the ruleset refers to them by names without paths and extensions.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 10, 2018, 03:06:08 pm »
That might not work here as the cutscenes are not the "slideshow" type, but actual video being played by the engine. I'll take a look at it and see what can be done to get the sound back for the intro.

Offline Anon011

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 12, 2018, 02:23:50 am »
Awesome update! Thanks for the merge.