aliens

Author Topic: Solar's wishlist  (Read 455582 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Solar's wishlist
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 07:21:59 pm »
The "forbids" function is fundamentally flawed and simply doesn't work for anything else than making singletons from certain facilities. All other (potential) use cases can be workedaround by the player. I have illustrated this on examples in other thread.

The limit I want to do is a much simpler concept and already allows more... for example allowing max 3 buildings per base (e.g. max three sick bays). And by setting it to one, it encompasses all functionality the "forbids" function can realistically give you.
Right now `forbidenBaseFunc` prevent building other buildings that give you listed functionalities. If you have already this functionality in base you cant build that building in first place. How could be this workaround? Only way to have some forbidden functionality is that building that prevent it, itself provide it. This mean it could be only one.

If you could break this I would like to know how you did that.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 08:12:12 pm »
I would add customizable smoke to the list, allowing you to set the damage, damage type, decay rate and 'density' of generated smoke, in addition to the amount, allowing for poison gas grenades to actually create poison gas and the like.

Also I would expand the vision type request to include customizable invisibility (you can set which vision types, if any, a unit can be seen by), as well as vision type being modifiable via items/armour the latest model of the Ayephone might include Psi-o-vision for example in order to detect those annoying Ethereals.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 09:00:17 pm »
i confess i lost track of things a bit, so forgive me for the stupid question: are these features going to be integrated into OXC extended?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 09:07:57 pm »
i confess i lost track of things a bit, so forgive me for the stupid question: are these features going to be integrated into OXC extended?

Some (mostly not GUI related) changes will be backported to OXCE... the rest will stay in OXCE+.

Is there any specific reason why you would prefer OXCE over OXCE+ ? If something is bothering you, I can make it optional :)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 09:29:35 pm »
Some (mostly not GUI related) changes will be backported to OXCE... the rest will stay in OXCE+.

Is there any specific reason why you would prefer OXCE over OXCE+ ? If something is bothering you, I can make it optional :)
I see, thanks.
I'm on vanilla OXC, I'm largely ignorant about OXCE--OXCE+. I just wanted to understand a little the situation, because I've been "lost in pixelation" for months and I was wondering if it made sense to make a comment (on the wishlist) or not.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 10:59:44 am »
I see, thanks.
I'm on vanilla OXC, I'm largely ignorant about OXCE--OXCE+. I just wanted to understand a little the situation, because I've been "lost in pixelation" for months and I was wondering if it made sense to make a comment (on the wishlist) or not.

The OXCE+ is to OXCE like OXCE is to the vanilla OXC. the difference is that Meridian and Yankes are cooperating and sharing work.
Yankes is keeping OXCE slimmer on purpose, since many features in OXCE+ are, among other things, dependant on strings or additional resources, and OXCE is supposed to be code only.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 12:00:37 pm »
Sick Bay is almost ready.

There are two places, where it will not work 100%.

1. in the Commendations... since statistics and medals are calculated and awarded immediately after the mission, the recovery time used for those calculations will be as if there were no sick bays... since it is impossible to predict the future (i.e. how many days the recovery will really take... soldiers can be transferred, player can build more sick bays, etc.)

2. in the soldier Sorting by Wound recovery (combobox on 3 GUIs)... unlike previous case, this COULD be fixed... but it is rather ugly (codewise)... so I decided to sort by the recovery time without considering sick bays
- the sorting will be correct! with or without sick bays, more wounded soldier is still more wounded... unless I implement recovery by percentage of HP :) which I might...
- the dynamic stat column will show e.g. 100 (days resp. HP missing).... but WOUNDED>44 will be displayed as (correct) recovery time... this might be useful for the player to compare how big bonus are the sick bays providing.... and also for the modder to balance the sick bays to his/her pleasure

EDIT: maybe just "WOUND RECOVERY" in the combobox can be renamed to "HP MISSING" and it will be 100% correct
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:11:31 pm by Meridian »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 01:17:50 pm »
Code: [Select]
facilities:
  - type: STR_FIELD_HOSPITAL
    sickBayAbsoluteBonus: 0.75
    sickBayRelativeBonus: 0.0
  - type: STR_SURGERY_ROOM
    sickBayAbsoluteBonus: 0.25
    sickBayRelativeBonus: 1.0
  - type: STR_REGENERATION_ROOM
    sickBayAbsoluteBonus: 0.0
    sickBayRelativeBonus: 10.0
  - type: STR_GOAULD_SARCOPHAGUS
    sickBayAbsoluteBonus: 90.0
    sickBayRelativeBonus: 0.0

With no facilities: 1 hp healed per day

With one field hospital: 1.75 hp per day

With one surgery room: 1.25 hp per day + 1% of soldier's max hp

With 2 field hospitals and 2 surgery rooms: 3 hp per day + 2% of soldier's max hp

With regeneration room: 10% of soldier's max hp... i.e. fully recovered in 10 days or less

With Goa'uld sarcophagus: 90 hp per day... i.e. fully healed overnight

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2016, 02:32:05 pm »
I like it, but good luck explaining such limits to the player... Well I mean, that's my job, and I dread it :)

- type: STR_ALIEN_CONTAINMENT
    maxAllowedPerBase: 3

Translation:

STR_CANNOT_BUILD_MORE_OF_THIS_FACILITY_TYPE_AT_BASE: "The maximum allowed number of facilities of this type in this base has been reached!"

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2016, 02:39:37 pm »
Great!

Wounded soldiers in Training facility are now also indicated by a dash in the last column... instead of Yes or No.

STR_NO_WOUNDED: "-"

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2016, 05:48:42 am »
In explaining, I meant on this forum, about WHY ONLY THREE??? ;)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2016, 09:10:12 am »
In explaining, I meant on this forum, about WHY ONLY THREE??? ;)

Sorry, what?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2016, 09:40:15 am »
People are going to ask, why only a limited number of a given structure is allowed per base. Nvmd, I was just joking.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2016, 10:06:55 am »
People are going to ask, why only a limited number of a given structure is allowed per base. Nvmd, I was just joking.

Well, you can build only one Access Lift, and nobody is asking why? :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2016, 10:13:51 am »
That's actually a good question! Why can't I build more lifts to increase fire security??? :)