aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1952227 times)

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.7.3 alpha: Dirty Money
« Reply #1545 on: November 06, 2017, 01:26:11 pm »
I am slowly resuming my new playthrough. Finally I could take a look on a new mission type - Surf Time. I found its description a bit confusing: it is implied that only concealable weapons and literally no armor are allowed but when I started this mission all weapons I equipped (I picked only those with ">Concealable" mark) minus flashlights were gone (returned to base). BUT when I went to battlescape with an uneasy feeling that my team is screwed and carefully hid my seemingly doomed agents inside of the house where they were deployed, I quickly realized that Osirion goons are completely ignoring them!
As they say, "and there was much rejoicing".
I could not help but laugh and giggle like crazy as 8 armed Osirion goons ended up clubbered and stunned WITH FLASHLIGHTS by 4 almost nude agents ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:28:31 am by Dr.Crowley »

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 06, 2017, 06:11:04 pm »
I am slowly resuming my new playthrough. Finally I could take a look on a new mission type - Surf Time. I found its description a bit confusing: it is implied that only consealable weapons and literally no armor are allowed but when I started this mission all weapons I equipped (I picked only those with ">Consealable" mark) minus flashlights were gone (returned to base). BUT when I went to battlescape with an uneasy feeling that my team is screwed and carefully hid my seemingly doomed agents inside of the house where they were deployed, I quickly realized that Osirion goons are completely ignoring them!
I could not help but laugh and giggle like crazy as 8 armed Osirion goons ended up clubbered and stunned WITH FLASHLIGHTS by 4 almost nude agents ;D
I loved it when I found surfboards can work as clubs. Wooden clubs worked better for me, though.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1547 on: November 06, 2017, 06:44:09 pm »
I am slowly resuming my new playthrough. Finally I could take a look on a new mission type - Surf Time. I found its description a bit confusing: it is implied that only consealable weapons and literally no armor are allowed but when I started this mission all weapons I equipped (I picked only those with ">Consealable" mark) minus flashlights were gone (returned to base). BUT when I went to battlescape with an uneasy feeling that my team is screwed and carefully hid my seemingly doomed agents inside of the house where they were deployed, I quickly realized that Osirion goons are completely ignoring them!

Well, of course Osiron people have their equipment with them! It's effectively their beach. :)

I need to sit down and browse all mission descriptions to make sure they are clear enough...

I loved it when I found surfboards can work as clubs. Wooden clubs worked better for me, though.

Yeah, the boards are there mostly as a joke. :) Can be useful though.

EDIT:

Version 0.7.4 has been released.

- New weapons: Shogg Cudgel, Shogg Hammer, Shogg Staff, Dragon Dagger, Alloy Throwing Knives.
- New factions: Antmen, Scorpoids.
- New units: Antman Worker, Antman Warrior, Antman Queen, Scorpoid Hunter, Spider King.
- New mission: Shogg Village.
- Secret Caves now can be disabled with the right research.
- League Apprehension now gives secret files.
- Slightly buffed dog armors and added Ufopaedia entries for them.
- Reaper and Bloodhound attacks took a level in badass.
- Fixed armours with shields (allowed where they shouldn't be).
- Fixed some typos (thanks tkzv).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:35:00 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.7.4 alpha: Shoggoth on The Roof
« Reply #1548 on: November 07, 2017, 09:29:23 pm »
Version 0.7.4 has been released.

Yay, it is update time!
- New factions: Antmen, Scorpoids.
- New units: Antman Worker, Antman Warrior, Antman Queen, Scorpoid Hunter, Spider King.
Sooooooo... The Underdark ark at last? :D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:50:28 pm by Dr.Crowley »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 07, 2017, 10:34:23 pm »
Sooooooo... The Underdark ark at last? :D

Damn yes, at least the first real part of it.

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 07, 2017, 10:53:02 pm »
Sounds great, but i need to work to pass a few archs of the game to catch up. Maybe now i can get past the magma industry zombies.

Are throwing knives game for undercover missions?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 10, 2017, 06:46:59 pm »
Sounds great, but i need to work to pass a few archs of the game to catch up. Maybe now i can get past the magma industry zombies.

Well, you can upgrade your save from an earlier version, no problem.

Are throwing knives game for undercover missions?

Just go and check the Inventory screen. ;)

EDIT: Version 0.7.5 is out.
- New mission: Scorpoid Village Takeover.
- New unit: Scorpoid Rebel.
- Resized Shogg Village (now is smaller).
- Dog armours now give extra carrying capacity.
- Added one staff input.
- Fixed Shogg missions not being generated.
- Fixed underwater suit shenanigans.

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 10, 2017, 09:25:25 pm »
Version 0.7.5 is out.
What, new version already? Damn. Update time... again.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.7.5 alpha: Lizard Trap
« Reply #1553 on: November 11, 2017, 10:46:32 am »
Okay, the Chtonite Minibase mission was borked. Please download 0.7.5b for the fix.

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 0.7.5 alpha: Lizard Trap
« Reply #1554 on: November 11, 2017, 02:01:44 pm »
Most delicious updates! The mod is growing nicer and bigger!

niculinux

« Reply #1555 on: November 13, 2017, 04:12:41 pm »
Most delicious updates! The mod is growing nicer and bigger!

Abslutely agree! Hey, in the 0.7.5b by april 1997 reached promotion I but still can't get hands on sten:'( :'( may be possibe to make it early avaiable? Thanks again

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 13, 2017, 08:22:52 pm »
Abslutely agree! Hey, in the 0.7.5b by april 1997 reached promotion I but still can't get hands on sten:'( :'( may be possibe to make it early avaiable? Thanks again

I'd be hard-pressed to find a weapon which is easier to obtain than Sten. Well, except the Makarov.

niculinux

« Reply #1557 on: November 15, 2017, 11:26:58 am »
I'd be hard-pressed to find a weapon which is easier to obtain than Sten. Well, except the Makarov.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 15, 2017, 09:15:55 pm »
1) The hummer (introduced in 0.7.1) has some kind of machinegun on the roof, it suggest may be equipped with some sort of "craft weapon"? If no, how about to remove it in the next update ?  :-\ :o :)

Oh silly me, what would I do without your glorious leadership.
(that was sarcasm)

2) the "jumpsuit" may be renamed in "combat suit"?

Yes, as opposed to all other suits, which are clearly meant for gardening.

3) ak 47 clips are used both by ak 47 and aks, while the 5.56 mm NATO by m16 and FN FAL; how to rename the ak clips in "5.45 mm WP" (WP= Warsaw Pact, of course) so it may be also used with eventual futher weapons usin that caliber?  :D

If it comes to that, I'll consider it. Otherwise it's just needlessly confusing - an AK bullet is an AK bullet.
(BTW, it's also used by the Groza.)

niculinux

« Reply #1559 on: November 18, 2017, 10:32:38 pm »
Another minor "hint": basic operations research topic should be renamed "covert operations" and possibly lead to some new stuff items (sportsgear and on conceleable weapons and /or items?) and then other two topics: "covert operations: sportsmen" and "covert operations: surfers". As of 0.7.5b completin the basic operation topic leads only to the sportsmen one, but the reports screen  does not show its ufopedia entry (the one with the snow) instead only a generic one like this attached. Then the surfers operation is avaiable for research. If accepted, the attachred creen should read "covert operations", and  the description text changed in a more fitting way to the results?

It may be only a matter of taste, but whateva :D in the meantime i recovered (in 0.7.5b) a wad of cash and a psiclone, but in the research menu are not displayed; i thought at least  the psiclone had some research value, don't think so for the wad of cash. just for cosidereation. (after some gaming) oh, accordin to the game player must firs research an EXALT infiltrator whose report mention psiclone and then it is avaiable to research, but would not nice to not have that prequisite? :)

Edit: probably not possible, but vehicles in the hangar (while in base view) may be a little more bigger? ☺

Edit 2: for some new stuff (vehiclrs/equpment/items) please let's not forget alinare's endless war, it's really cool  8)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:27:09 am by niculinux »