Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1987187 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.5 alpha: Corporate Affairs
« Reply #780 on: December 21, 2016, 01:30:34 pm »
Oh, great. So, i think late-game better be restarted to see all new stuff. Ok...

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 23, 2016, 05:33:01 am »
Wait, you're doing an LP of XCF?! Links, please!

And sure, you'd better update... Some nasty bugs were fixed here.

And thanks for the nice word, guys! Hopefully you'll have fun.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-the-x-com-files-0-4-2-alpha-blind.112132/

(bear in mind its the RPGCodex - its not like the rest of the internet at all - its one of the few free corners of the internet these days, so do keep in mind. Just a warning for anyone who takes a look there)

I need to stop being lazy and update it - both the LP and the mod.

No prob!

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 23, 2016, 10:37:46 am »
I beginned a new game, and want to ask again: why do you need mudranger? Someone even used it?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #783 on: December 23, 2016, 05:25:19 pm »
I beginned a new game, and want to ask again: why do you need mudranger? Someone even used it?

It's tricky, but doable. I managed to make some good use of the Mudranger, Dioxine did too; but you need to really push it to make it happen. It essentially req

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 23, 2016, 05:31:31 pm »
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-the-x-com-files-0-4-2-alpha-blind.112132/

OK, I absolutely love it. I mean of course I'd be interested in the first ever playthrough of this mod, but it's also so entertaining in itself! I was literally lolling all the time, it kept me awake until 7 am. I especially love your comments - keep at them.

(bear in mind its the RPGCodex - its not like the rest of the internet at all - its one of the few free corners of the internet these days, so do keep in mind. Just a warning for anyone who takes a look there)

At first glance it looks like a badass community I would love to belong to. So I registered, if only to keep an eye on your thread.

It's tricky, but doable. I managed to make some good use of the Mudranger, Dioxine did too; but you need to really push it to make it happen. It essentially requires building a dedicated base close to the estimated action site, and therefore is quite involved, but it may pay off.

If it was a commercial game, I probably wouldn't keep the Mudranger in it. But it's not, so I've decided to keep it, for people who are crazy/determined/crazy prepared enough to use it.

Also, in the next version the Mudranger will be upgradeable to be transported with a dedicated plane, which extends its range considerably. (Requires Military Envoy.)

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 23, 2016, 09:28:20 pm »
And why not a bus tactical swat XD

Enviado desde mi ECOO E04 3GB mediante Tapatalk

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.5.1b alpha: Black Market Dealers
« Reply #786 on: December 25, 2016, 11:11:22 pm »
And why not a bus tactical swat XD

Because it does poorly in a forest. :P

EDIT: Version 0.5.1 is released! It's kinda soon after the last one, but I found a lot of things to fix (mainly Ufopaedia crashes) and somehow made two new missions, so here it is.

- Added Osiron Alloy Ammo Trade mission.
- Added Chryssalid Village mission.
- Added MiB Psi Ops.
- Added Airborne Mudranger.
- Added buckshot ammo (regular and alloy) to Heavy Cannon and Auto Cannon.
- Added Syndicate personnel descriptions and pictures.
- Rewrote MiB mission scripts.
- Changed the surrender mode, because nobody ever surrendered. (We'll see if it didn't make the game too easy.)
- Fixed some Ufopaedia crashes.
- Some language and Ufopaedia styling fixes.

WARNING: This time, continuing from an old save is a bit more involved. You need to open an old save in a text editor and remove these lines:
Code: [Select]
        STR_MIB_TERROR: XXWhere XX is some number.

EDIT: Make it 0.5.1b; I screwed up the new ammo types. :/ New version uploading now.

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 27, 2016, 09:58:26 am »
Whoa, and I just updated today!

Gonna re-update further.

In spirit of honor in my current LP update (not yet posted, but already uploaded the images) I gave myself a 2/3 funding cut (more exactly a 66,6% cut). I suspected you had not balanced the funding yet. Should check the LP for a little update later.

OK, I absolutely love it. I mean of course I'd be interested in the first ever playthrough of this mod, but it's also so entertaining in itself! I was literally lolling all the time, it kept me awake until 7 am. I especially love your comments - keep at them.

Really? Thanks!

At first glance it looks like a badass community I would love to belong to. So I registered, if only to keep an eye on your thread.

yeah RPGCodex is a fantastic place, but be wary: It is edgy as hell, zero filtering and Shitposting is a way of life there. There are no safe spaces. Nevertheless, you will read many a insightful thing. I think RPGCodex is sort of a mix between normal forums + chans + NMA (when it was good) + BIS forums with a spice of Stormfront in it. I consider it the best internet forum ever.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:41:47 am by Slaughter »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 28, 2016, 06:22:38 am »
So, I'm working hard on the next release... No groundbreaking changes yet, but I decided to make more civilians for various biomes. Here's some preview:

And X-Com no longer has exclusive rights to shoot aliens:

And do not fear alien terrors, for the police is here with its pistols:

F-f-f-f-f-freestyler!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:11:22 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 28, 2016, 07:13:21 pm »
Outstanding looks! Keep up the good work! To my shame still have not found enough time to make significant progress on new version.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 29, 2016, 06:36:25 am »
Hi. I know you're probably sick of people talking about the USH stuff and research each individually vs unlock all through once research, but while reading the conversation, I had an idea that might be useful.

If you can add a get one free to the items, you could have your scientists do some forensics, get a break in an unsolved mystery involving that weapon or tool, or at least get some interesting and/or odd lore related to it and its former owner. 

So you get get the info on the weapon and some random creepy information on what it has been used for.  Alternately some clearly deranged asides from your less than sane researchers, memos that aren't supposed to either get to the commander or beyond him, depending on how much of a sense of humor they think you have.

I can't tell if my post is making any sense anymore, I think I've said the same thing twice or even three times, so I'll leave it like this.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 30, 2016, 06:24:51 pm »
Hi. I know you're probably sick of people talking about the USH stuff and research each individually vs unlock all through once research, but while reading the conversation, I had an idea that might be useful.

If you can add a get one free to the items, you could have your scientists do some forensics, get a break in an unsolved mystery involving that weapon or tool, or at least get some interesting and/or odd lore related to it and its former owner. (...)

You mean just some flavour info you could get from weapons? Yes, I think it should be possible with enough bending over... But I'm not ready for such writing all this fluff right now. :)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 30, 2016, 10:07:36 pm »
You could farm it out  :)  I'm not great at that sort of thing, but I know we have lots of clever writers who might be willing to assist.  Might not be a viable path, but you never know.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 31, 2016, 05:31:28 pm »
You could farm it out  :)  I'm not great at that sort of thing, but I know we have lots of clever writers who might be willing to assist.  Might not be a viable path, but you never know.

I'm always on a lookout for clever writers and other clever modders to help out. :) If you or anyone has something, please make a thread about it with some actual resources and I'll probably integrate it, with credits and everything, if it is good enough. And even if I happen to reject it, it can always be a mod to XCF.

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 31, 2016, 08:21:19 pm »
Well, I think there are some people who would be ready to contribute to development... But it's kinda hard to think out something really relevant from scratch. Maybe you will consider the idea of creating a thread for you own requests, what you would like to see or may need in future but won't do yourself right now? Not sure if it will pay out but it could help.