aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949404 times)

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 2.4: Flesh and Circuitry
« Reply #4455 on: April 07, 2022, 02:55:06 pm »
Good to hear about the update.

On a side note, I would like to ask a small question that has been in my head for a while now. At any point, have you ever considered making armors for XCOM Rats and Bats?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4456 on: April 07, 2022, 03:52:13 pm »
On a side note, I would like to ask a small question that has been in my head for a while now. At any point, have you ever considered making armors for XCOM Rats and Bats?

Yes, at least for the rats... But I'm not completely sure how to approach this elegantly, and it's not very high on the priority list.

Offline Dadimus_Maximus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: April 07, 2022, 05:26:16 pm »
Starting to get through a new campaign after not having played in a while, and I gotta say I'm absolutely in LOVE with these "intercepted messages" from the various factions. Really makes you feel like you're fighting a secret war, or at least the egg-heads are doing it in the background while you manage the boots on the ground.

That being said, I feel like I'm leading a group of abductors. Last three Outpost missions I fought, I kidnapped some high-ranking guy and fled under cover of smoke and darkness.

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: April 08, 2022, 09:31:32 am »
Are AI units meant to be always recoverable, or is there some kind of limit? Can't recover one specific unit, no idea why. Can recover other units in same base. In is listed in agent casualities, there is money and barracks space.
There is a chance that the corpse was destroyed, does it matter?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 09:36:25 am by Scamps »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: April 08, 2022, 11:43:12 am »
Note: the new countries will only appear a new campaign. (Or if you edit them manually into your save.)

I'll check what can be done about this.

Unlike regions, adding countries mid-game should be feasible to support.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: April 08, 2022, 03:37:20 pm »
Are AI units meant to be always recoverable, or is there some kind of limit? Can't recover one specific unit, no idea why. Can recover other units in same base. In is listed in agent casualities, there is money and barracks space.
There is a chance that the corpse was destroyed, does it matter?

Yes. The "AIs" are in fact sentient crystals, so if the corpse is destroyed (or left behind), you cannot revive it. (It's not even a "revival" as such, it's simply putting a distressed, but otherwise unharmed crystal being in a new chassis.)

I'll check what can be done about this.

Unlike regions, adding countries mid-game should be feasible to support.

That would be nice.

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: April 08, 2022, 05:40:02 pm »
Cool! Had no idea that engine supports checking for corpse. Now I wonder about ghost gal revival... )

Offline Xolvix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: April 09, 2022, 01:44:06 pm »
Well I got back to playing this after getting exhausted with XPiratez.

You can't imagine the grin I had on my face when a certain mission started and "Frontier Psychiatrist" started playing. :)

EDIT: That song is nearly 22 goddamn years old.  :o

Offline Anon011

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: April 09, 2022, 09:31:00 pm »
Hello, i hope its not off topic but out of curiosity what happened to old X-com Files description? The one that had approximation of arc's status eg.
Cult of Dagon arc - 100%
Men in Black arc - 10%
Etc...
I know that it was probably a rough approximation and that due to the nature of megamods even "100% complete" content constantly changes but it was still useful for somebody who wanted to know at a glance if this or that arc was finish-able.
For example im curious if Men in Black arc is finished? Or maybe
Spoiler:
Nazis on the moon arc

Thank you in advance for answers and sorry if similar question has been asked before.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: April 10, 2022, 04:12:52 am »
Sol, add to the game disposable grenade launchers (Faustpatron, m72 law, RPG-18 Mukha) The game lacks grenade launchers on the type of shot and forget.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: April 10, 2022, 08:17:00 am »
Hello, i hope its not off topic but out of curiosity what happened to old X-com Files description? The one that had approximation of arc's status eg.
Thank you in advance for answers and sorry if similar question has been asked before.
Somebody asked that exact question on the preceeding page, and it was answered there.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: April 10, 2022, 12:32:24 pm »
Yes. The "AIs" are in fact sentient crystals, so if the corpse is destroyed (or left behind), you cannot revive it. (It's not even a "revival" as such, it's simply putting a distressed, but otherwise unharmed crystal being in a new chassis.)

Does this mean the engine can tell which corpse belongs to which soldier? What I mean is, say you have two Enforcers on a mission (Amethyst and Beryl). Both get destroyed and one of the corpses (A) gets blown apart by a blaster launcher.

Are you able to recorporate either of them, or only B?

Offline Anon011

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: April 10, 2022, 02:16:38 pm »
Somebody asked that exact question on the preceeding page, and it was answered there.
Well that was an embarrassment
Spoiler:
on my part that is
Thank you for answer.

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: April 10, 2022, 03:36:44 pm »
Does this mean the engine can tell which corpse belongs to which soldier? What I mean is, say you have two Enforcers on a mission (Amethyst and Beryl). Both get destroyed and one of the corpses (A) gets blown apart by a blaster launcher.

One thing you should consider is that corpses can be burned to ash, making then inrecoverable. I am not sure if 2x2 units can be, but i know individuals can be (which i guess, Enforcer would count as). This happens if they get killed by energy weapons like lasers or plasma (or possibly blaster launcher ?),

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: April 11, 2022, 12:20:21 am »
Well I got back to playing this after getting exhausted with XPiratez.

You can't imagine the grin I had on my face when a certain mission started and "Frontier Psychiatrist" started playing. :)

EDIT: That song is nearly 22 goddamn years old.  :o

Haha, true! Using this song is my favourite bad modding accomplishment. :)

Sol, add to the game disposable grenade launchers (Faustpatron, m72 law, RPG-18 Mukha) The game lacks grenade launchers on the type of shot and forget.

OK, I'll think about it.

Yes, the game should know.

One thing you should consider is that corpses can be burned to ash, making then inrecoverable. I am not sure if 2x2 units can be, but i know individuals can be (which i guess, Enforcer would count as). This happens if they get killed by energy weapons like lasers or plasma (or possibly blaster launcher ?),

Or any sufficiently strong explosive.