Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New  (Read 2007584 times)

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 2.3: Rise of The Cultists
« Reply #4440 on: April 02, 2022, 07:22:26 am »
Yeah, just got one on December 31st 1996. Obviously I need to purge the files to.

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: April 04, 2022, 09:19:53 am »
How fast am I expected to do this exactly? I'm often getting these events one after another in rapid succession without ever getting any cult suppression missions popping up. Like, even in the images that I just posted the second and third events were both Shadow of Exalt and they occurred within three and a half hours of one another on the same day.

Hi. I want to edit the item ZEPHYR_SERUM  from CHUPACABRA so that it gives more time, since it still needs to be taken out of my pocket and used, which also takes time. I want to change 50 to 70. How can I do this? Didn't find it anywhere.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4442 on: April 04, 2022, 01:21:33 pm »
Hi. I want to edit the item ZEPHYR_SERUM  from CHUPACABRA so that it gives more time, since it still needs to be taken out of my pocket and used, which also takes time. I want to change 50 to 70. How can I do this? Didn't find it anywhere.

Sorry, it's some black magic script. I tried looking, but failed as well.
(fuck scripts)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: April 04, 2022, 03:54:49 pm »
From what I can tell the associated tag name is "WM_IS_WACKY"...

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_ZEPHYR_SERUM
  [...]
    tags:
      WM_IS_WACKY: 1

...and the script can be found in scripts_XCOMFILES.rul (just search for "item.getTag temp Tag.WM_IS_WACKY;", there should be only one instance).

Haven't really worked with scripts all that much, but this seems pretty straight forward:

target.getTimeUnits temp;
            add temp 55;
            target.setTimeUnits temp;

target.getEnergy temp;
            add temp 60;
            target.setEnergy temp;

Just change the associated values and check if it works. This is from 2.0.1 though, so Solarius might have changed some things.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 03:59:30 pm by krautbernd »

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: April 04, 2022, 05:17:11 pm »
From what I can tell the associated tag name is "WM_IS_WACKY"...

- type: STR_ZEPHYR_SERUM
  [...]
    tags:
      WM_IS_WACKY: 1

...and the script can be found in scripts_XCOMFILES.rul (just search for "item.getTag temp Tag.WM_IS_WACKY;", there should be only one instance).

Haven't really worked with scripts all that much, but this seems pretty straight forward:

target.getTimeUnits temp;
            add temp 55;
            target.setTimeUnits temp;

target.getEnergy temp;
            add temp 60;
            target.setEnergy temp;

Just change the associated values and check if it works. This is from 2.0.1 though, so Solarius might have changed some things.

Thank you, it works. You are a miracle. ;)

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: April 04, 2022, 06:48:17 pm »
How do I turn off the default light on some units? It pisses me off that my units glow from the first turn like a Christmas tree...

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: April 04, 2022, 07:06:11 pm »
Good evening. Been playing XCOM Files for a long time now and I have made some significant progress. Already launched my Lunar Satellite.

Speaking of progress, I recall seeing a progress-o-meter for a previous version. By any chance, do you also have a progress-o-meter for the latest version?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: April 04, 2022, 07:50:45 pm »
How do I turn off the default light on some units? It pisses me off that my units glow from the first turn like a Christmas tree...

Modify the personalLight parameter on the armour.
Note that in most cases your units do not actually give enough light to count as illuminated - the light is only for the player to see them better.

Good evening. Been playing XCOM Files for a long time now and I have made some significant progress. Already launched my Lunar Satellite.

Congrats :)

Speaking of progress, I recall seeing a progress-o-meter for a previous version. By any chance, do you also have a progress-o-meter for the latest version?

I removed it because most targets were already met, and what's left is too fuzzy to gauge.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: April 04, 2022, 07:54:19 pm »
Modify the personalLight parameter on the armour.
Note that in most cases your units do not actually give enough light to count as illuminated - the light is only for the player to see them better.
OUTRUNNER shines quite well. So good that it immediately collects all the shots

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: April 04, 2022, 11:17:26 pm »
OUTRUNNER shines quite well. So good that it immediately collects all the shots

True... Maybe I overdid it. I've been thinking it would serve as an illuminator...

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: April 05, 2022, 11:35:20 am »
I removed it because most targets were already met, and what's left is too fuzzy to gauge.

Actually, I would like to ask about two particular factions/arcs. How far is the progress on the Shogg and Osiron? I have completed the Lizard Trap mission for the Shogg, but I still get missions involving Chtonites, spiders, and Antmen.

As for Osiron, as far as I know, I have researched all dossiers and units associated with Osiron other than the Osiron Tech Trooper, but most of the missions I have gotten are stakeouts, illegal ammo trades, haciendas, etc. Does Osiron have some kind of final mission attached to it?

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: April 05, 2022, 07:08:34 pm »
Hi, I started playing on the difficulty of a genius, there are more enemy units, this is the mechanics of the game, but it’s enough for me that the opponents are more accurate, etc. How to make it so that there would be no hordes of opponents, so that there would be fewer of them? In which file can this be changed?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: April 06, 2022, 11:50:15 am »
Hi, I started playing on the difficulty of a genius, there are more enemy units, this is the mechanics of the game, but it’s enough for me that the opponents are more accurate, etc. How to make it so that there would be no hordes of opponents, so that there would be fewer of them? In which file can this be changed?

Keep in mind that the mod is not balanced for higher difficulties.

Look up the Ruleset Reference, there are numerous settings with pertain to difficulty. As for enemy numbers you might want to have a look at the "deployment data" section.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: April 07, 2022, 05:17:18 am »
Three reinforcements in a row on a mission with the gold tower isn't too much?
Squads appeared on all sides. I was trapped.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 2.4: Flesh and Circuitry
« Reply #4454 on: April 07, 2022, 11:57:36 am »
Actually, I would like to ask about two particular factions/arcs. How far is the progress on the Shogg and Osiron? I have completed the Lizard Trap mission for the Shogg, but I still get missions involving Chtonites, spiders, and Antmen.

Shogg is done. Of course additions may happen, but none are planned at the moment.

Osiron doesn't have an actual arc, they are just... there. Sometimes your paths cross, but you can't defeat them, because they're not a uniform organisation and new cells will always take place of old ones.

Sorry, not something that can be done easily - you'd have to modify every single deployment.

Three reinforcements in a row on a mission with the gold tower isn't too much?
Squads appeared on all sides. I was trapped.

One turn after another? That's some really unfortunate rolls... Usually it doesn't go this fast.

Meanwhile, 2.4 has been released.
- New advanced agent type: Kyberos.
- New armor: Shock Armor, Kyberos only (sprites by Brain_322).
- New terrain: Arctic Outpost (collab with Brain_322 and Dioxine, URBAN40K2 tileset by Bullet Designer).
- New missions: HSD Underwater Lab (4 variants), MiB Attack on a M.A.G.M.A. Base, Hybrid Retaliation.
- New weapons: Stun Mine (collab with Silky), Mateba Autorevolver (collab with Brain_322).
- New item: Chitin.
- New units: Xarquid, Diver Scientist (2 genders).
- New countries: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Greece, Czechia, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Kenya, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Ecuador.
- New cities: Dhaka, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Lahore, Chennai, Nagoya, Hyderabad, Kuala Lumpur, Quito, Guayaquil.
- Added New Zealand mountains.
- New research: Contact Crazy Hassan Weapon Store.
- New bigobs for Skorpion, Enfield, Uzi and the Kludge (by Brain_322).
- New Ufopedia picture for the Skymarshall (by Nord).
- Distinct sprites for Scorpoid Chief (by 8mono).
- Boomers are now exclusive to missions with Vampire Knights.
- Overhauled Geoscape zones and how some missions are generated.
- Some new Urban and Urban Low maps (by CosmicAfro, additional spriting by Silky).
- New farm map (by Dioxine).
- Improved Island Urban terrain nodes.
- Tormentor is orbital flight capable.
- MiB Power Suit and Stormtrooper Armor can be looted from captives.
- Synthsuit cannot be used underwater.
- Cybermines mission grants an Alenium Shard.
- Share Elerium Explosives now uses mutually exclusive researches.
- Better slacking indicator (based on Nord's idea).
- Ufopaedia pages and proper interception pictures for MiB vessels.
- Proper Bullfrog Autopsy pic.
- Tentaculat move sound.
- Cleaner SWAT van (by Alex_D).
- Fixed Star Pistol not requiring psi training.
- Fixed Hawkeye prerequisites.
- Fixed one cave block to prevent impassable combinations.
- Fixed some borders, country areas and coastal lines.
- Fixed Toronto, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro placement.
- Fixed Share Elerium Explosives Tech article not appearing.
- Minor fixes.

Note: the new countries will only appear a new campaign. (Or if you edit them manually into your save.)