aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949681 times)

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0.2: Judgement Day
« Reply #3120 on: November 19, 2019, 04:07:21 pm »
They however can not drop them below 0. Tried that by getting a soldier with 10 Bravery and giving her 3 levels of Betrayer. She was still on 0 Bravery, not -10.
And I know that is not a bug, I that thought I'd share it.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: November 19, 2019, 04:26:15 pm »
Thanks for the answers! Not sure if it's a bug or a minor quirk, but I wish to share it anyway: Sometimes, when I'm in the Geoscape too long (ie: Checking 'paedia articles, making lists of stuff to go for my vehicles and so on), the currently playing song gets partially "stuck", repeating a part of it while the rest of the song keeps going. Changing the music track fixes it. I dunno if it happens in Battlescape as well.

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: November 20, 2019, 05:54:20 am »
Thanks for the answers! Not sure if it's a bug or a minor quirk, but I wish to share it anyway: Sometimes, when I'm in the Geoscape too long (ie: Checking 'paedia articles, making lists of stuff to go for my vehicles and so on), the currently playing song gets partially "stuck", repeating a part of it while the rest of the song keeps going. Changing the music track fixes it. I dunno if it happens in Battlescape as well.

I think I know what you mean. I have the same problem, not just with this mod, but vanilla too. A single note getting "stuck" forever. IIRC it has always been this way for me. Only the original midi tracks are affected. I guess something wrong with the emulation? I sometimes get similar sound glitches with dosbox. It gets really annoying after a while, even painful with headphones.

I ended up replacing the original geoscape tracks with mp3 tracks. Problem solved.

Offline Rich

• Sergeant
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: November 22, 2019, 01:02:21 am »
For some reason, i can't see the XcomFiles mod, i can see the DarkGeoscape however.
Working fine on Android but not on windows with the 64bit

Am i missing something?

Edit:
For anyone having my same issue: do a clean install, delete old openxcom and the openxcom folder in user folder, this fixed it for some reason
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 01:54:47 am by Rich »

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: November 22, 2019, 11:35:26 pm »
I think the XCOM_PSICLONE *might* not work.
I copy-pasted it in my mod (besides the sprites) and in Quick Battle mode it doesn't do anything at all. It could be some bullshit in my mod causing it though.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0: Judgement Day
« Reply #3125 on: November 23, 2019, 03:01:19 am »
OK, this is the day. After four years of modding, version 1.0 has been released.

It's a little belated but I just want to say: Congratulations on releasing V1.0 of The X-Com Files!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3126 on: November 23, 2019, 01:03:52 pm »
I think the XCOM_PSICLONE *might* not work.
I copy-pasted it in my mod (besides the sprites) and in Quick Battle mode it doesn't do anything at all. It could be some bullshit in my mod causing it though.

All I can say is that it works for me. I get the "Morale attack successful" message as normal.

It's a little belated but I just want to say: Congratulations on releasing V1.0 of The X-Com Files!

You're very welcome!

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: November 26, 2019, 11:42:51 am »
Just have to say that I love those new terrains (NewRuralUrban and the new Farm). Good work! :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: November 26, 2019, 06:31:42 pm »
Just have to say that I love those new terrains (NewRuralUrban and the new Farm). Good work! :)

Glad to hear! :) We made it with Dioxine.

Now for the pressing matter. Hobbes has forbidden usage of his terrain resources in any other mod, so I've temporarily removed X-Com Files from the portal until I remove all the content. Don't panic; this is not a big deal. It will take a while, though.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: November 26, 2019, 07:59:55 pm »
Well then, I've been playing this for a while, so I would like to voice my thoughts.
First, I must state I used let's say "external help" to speed up my playthrough, because that's like the 5th time I start the game, and I wanted to get over the boring start ASAP. So far I haven't noticed most changes with the Readiness system, other than punishing you for taking too long to finish a mission. AIs and Doges are practically unnaffected, so you can still play it safe around these auxiliary units.

However, there's one thing that while it is not a bug, I think it needs more polish:

The transformations. Right now I unlocked the X-Com Bio-Enhancement, but it says that it requires a Med-Bay. Unfortunately, there's no such building in-game. Rather, it was referring to the Sick Bay instead. I think the article should be edited to reflect that.
Second issue: Said Sickbay requires you to unlock Healing Gel in order to build it. Perhaps I'm misremembering, but I swear that building didn't have such requirement before. That means the scientist lady who explains the procedure knows about a building you may not have around by the time you unlock the upgrade.
Perhaps you should lock that research topic behind the Sickbay building? It would make perfect sense that you first have to research and build specialized medical facilities in order to know how to use them to improve your troops.

Lastly, the transformation should state somewhere ingame which are the minimal stats in order to use it.  It says what it improves, but nothing about the stat requirements to use it.

That's all. The rest is still fun. Now, if only I could have my troops training at the Gym train faster...

Now for the pressing matter. Hobbes has forbidden usage of his terrain resources in any other mod, so I've temporarily removed X-Com Files from the portal until I remove all the content. Don't panic; this is not a big deal. It will take a while, though.

Oh my, is there some "modder drama" going on behind the scenes?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems so.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 12:28:20 am by HumanTraitor »

Offline nailo1

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: November 26, 2019, 09:15:40 pm »
The link to download this is hidden on openxcom. Is there any where else to get this mod?

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: November 26, 2019, 10:26:27 pm »
The link to download this is hidden on openxcom. Is there any where else to get this mod?

The reason why it is hidden is just 2 posts before yours. I assume there will be a new version of X-Com Files soon, without the Hobbes terrain resources.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: November 27, 2019, 02:00:47 am »
The transformations. Right now I unlocked the X-Com Bio-Enhancement, but it says that it requires a Med-Bay. Unfortunately, there's no such building in-game. Rather, it was referring to the Sick Bay instead. I think the article should be edited to reflect that.

You're totally right about the name. Fixed.

Perhaps you should lock that research topic behind the Sickbay building? It would make perfect sense that you first have to research and build specialized medical facilities in order to know how to use them to improve your troops.

Sounds reasonable. Done!

Lastly, the transformation should state somewhere ingame which are the minimal stats in order to use it.  It says what it improves, but nothing about the stat requirements to use it.

Hmm, I can try fitting these into the description. But I think it would be worthwhile to think of a more general approach, if needed - like a GUI or something.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: November 27, 2019, 06:09:37 am »
Glad to see that someone else talking about it. 

Hmm, I can try fitting these into the description. But I think it would be worthwhile to think of a more general approach, if needed - like a GUI or something.

Nothing special, just put an additional article into ufopaedia, where are all stat requirements are described for each upgrade. :)

UPD: OR it would be better to make a special directory in ufoapedia "Soldier transformations" or something like that and put there articles about them by process or their study.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 09:04:08 am by X-Man »

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: November 27, 2019, 09:59:46 am »
X-Man:
Very correct and fair comments. This is the rare case when you can agree with all points.
Thanks!