Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949554 times)

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0.2: Judgement Day
« Reply #3150 on: December 09, 2019, 05:44:07 am »
- Removed front doors from the Skymarshall.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0.2: Judgement Day
« Reply #3151 on: December 09, 2019, 11:50:50 am »
Wow 1.0 and 1.1 have so many new features and feature overhauls, I wonder. Are my saves from 0.9.9 still valid? or should I finish my 0.9.9 campaign before updating?

Please refer to the instructions in the post for release of 1.0.

Basically yes, but your people will be kinda OP.

misterx

Re: The X-Com Files - 1.1: Big Rain
« Reply #3152 on: December 09, 2019, 01:20:43 pm »
Back online, hurrĂ !

I really like the random events and the new custom sttartin base, but i wish in the future  wemay have ust one hangar at the beginning of the game.

Edit: forgot to tell: particulairly appreciated it is avaiable from scratch, no need to turn "custom starting base" on!!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:43:27 pm by misterx »

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: December 09, 2019, 01:25:55 pm »
I wanted to do that, X-Man. Glad I checked the next page before posting.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: December 09, 2019, 01:59:20 pm »
I wanted to do that, X-Man. Glad I checked the next page before posting.

Why not? If people will be crying about that, may be daddy will return the door back! :D
To my mind, it's a kick right below the belt... :o

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: December 09, 2019, 02:03:10 pm »
but i wish in the future  wemay have ust one hangar at the beginning of the game

Why wait for the future? Just dismantle one of the them right now!  ;D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: December 09, 2019, 02:17:31 pm »
Why wait for the future? Just dismantle one of the them right now!  ;D

;D

Offline Space_Age_Hippie

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: December 09, 2019, 07:10:16 pm »
Hey I have been struggling to actually download the mod. The video doesn't help. So some help would be appreciated thanks 

Offline Ves

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: December 09, 2019, 07:32:32 pm »
I think it doesn't come with OXCE included anymore. So you need to download that first:

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

Now in the main OXCE directory create a folder called user and within that a folder called mods. XcomFiles and DarkGeoscape go into that mods folder.

Offline Space_Age_Hippie

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: December 09, 2019, 09:53:26 pm »
I think it doesn't come with OXCE included anymore. So you need to download that first:

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

Now in the main OXCE directory create a folder called user and within that a folder called mods. XcomFiles and DarkGeoscape go into that mods folder.

Thanks man it worked you're a legend

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: December 10, 2019, 12:03:24 am »
Version 1.1.1 has been released.

- New Industrial mapblocks (by Dioxine).
- Fixed issues with leftover terrain references.

misterx

« Reply #3161 on: December 12, 2019, 09:33:10 am »
Version 1.1.1 has been released.

- New Industrial mapblocks (by Dioxine).
- Fixed issues with leftover terrain references.

I downloaded 1.1.1a; waht's new? Also to unlock covert operation must research first "basic operations" and then two separate topics "cover:sportsmen" and "cover surfers"; personally i'd like if these were unlocked after researched a topic called "covert operations" after the basic on is completed: wouldn't have been more logical?

Some observations:

1) not necessairly a bug, but the handob for the small shotgun it's a regular shotgun one, may need to change? These have also the same price, pheraphs the small needs its price to be cut an half? May i suggest 900$ as price?

2) the whole game sees three promotion steps but how to make five to make the game progression more gradual? Cannot see why some common items like the pitchfork, billhook and knife have to be researched..coe on these are just common item buyable even fron an hardware store! 

3) may be more variety of layout for the crop circles in the battlescape maps, like the ones seen in TV?

4) for balancing purposes uzi should be more powerful but less precise than the skorpion SMG; actually the latter does the same damage but is a bit more precise, the former might be a little deadlier (dmg 23?) Also why don't use the handob from xeno operation mod? (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2913.0.html)

5) In undercover missinons like the surfers, sky resort and the osiron business should be an escape area maked by green tiles as in xpiratez, though the briefing says that player cannot escape from the mission, if i press A in battlescape, my craft is able to return to base, once i get in geoscape mode. Please double check

6) the skorpion smg handib may need to be made more brightned since i think it's not very "eye friendly"

7) might some rifles and shotguns  have a gunbutt attack option?

8) the shotgun and the black shotgun have stats inverted, unless it is intended, see 'shots attached

9) I've started a secon base in the USA but i'm a very bad financial conditions  :'( any hint to give?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 09:57:47 am by misterx »

misterx

« Reply #3162 on: December 13, 2019, 09:33:22 am »
Dear Solaripus,
I've also made some kind of colt M4 which is strangely absent from the game and a couple more of weapon sprites, just in case you'd want to add to the mod, the H&KMP5 navy version, a H&KG36, and a MK3 grenade (the last ones an homage to urban terror!) here these are attached :) I've made also a fire hatched, may be a sprite recoverable from urban scenarios

Other suggestions: aside form farmers, also lumberjacks were involved in aliedn abduction stories; may add them by modifying the farmer sprite: lore they give may be more or less same as farmer, pheraps some new content. And while farmer may be armed with pitchfork, lumberjack with axes. For farmers i've made an hoe too here.

As for gameplay: i'd add an handful of new common firearms to be found in the initial phases of the game, for instance an MP-40 which is way more common than the grease gun. Cannot remember if it's already in the game, sorry, if so please mind to make some new ones? In the meantime i'm making a nice with research and i was abble to afford a third base :)

Lastly: snother interesting thingh missing from the mod are: firefighters! May be involved in missiins helping the player in a burnin scenario where it is necessary to save secret documents, a mission style like "hot pursuit" in xpiratez; they should be equipped with frie extinguishers and hatchet (see above)  8)

Edit: made some adjustments to sprites, hope you like these:)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 05:09:42 pm by misterx »

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: December 13, 2019, 02:36:55 pm »
I've launched Lunar satellite, rescued MAGMA cosmonaut, but nothing changes during last 3 month. No lunar missions appeared.
Every possible techs are learned. What do I need to continue Lunar arc?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 03:04:54 pm by X-Man »

Offline BoToJu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: December 13, 2019, 07:34:33 pm »
One Question about the changes between 1.0.2 and 1.1. I did a file comparison between both versions to check the consequences of this disastrous "issue" some days ago. I've been playing the Cult HQ Mission and wondered about the map. If i remember it correctly, i think it was some sort of jungle environment. This time it's been an "usual Base". The changelog already hints "Removed all terrains made by Hobbes", but it seems you've been forced to "fallback" to some default maps completely, or am i completely wrong?