Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949837 times)

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0: Judgement Day
« Reply #3075 on: November 10, 2019, 04:59:03 am »
A lot of my guys have no psi skill displayed. (But psi strength)
Does that mean its 0, or am i missing something...?

Yes. Initially, it is 0. Haven't you researched psionocs yet? You should train them at psi-lab to increase it. Or the is another way to unlock psk: do several attacs with psiclone X-Com. After that you can train psk by anything: staves, gloves and roses.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: November 10, 2019, 05:53:41 am »
yes i have psionics.
was just wondering why it doesn't just display 0, instead of not having any psi skill entry in stats at all...

misterx

« Reply #3077 on: November 10, 2019, 03:32:32 pm »
I noticed there are still present some vanilla tracks and even some from xpiratez; may i suggest to discard these in irder to have all brand new soundtracks?

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: November 10, 2019, 07:56:00 pm »
gotta say so, after a few days... 1.0 seems a lot better than 0.99  ;D
(and not that 0.99 was bad, just 1.0 is noticably better)

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: November 11, 2019, 10:08:08 am »
Wow, finally it happened. Cheers, Sol :)
I cannot try XCF right now but I am looking forward.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3080 on: November 11, 2019, 12:55:52 pm »
Grinding it is then. I suppose I'll wait for the next version being uploaded to fix minor bugs and add new stuff such as these launchers, before giving this a third (or was it 4th?) run. I suppose it's recommended to play this game in short bursts and/or alternate with other stuff, to avoid fatigue from doing boring combat non-stop, especially during the early game.

I agree. But... what launchers??? I don't know about any launchers to be added. :o

A lot of my guys have no psi skill displayed. (But psi strength)
Does that mean its 0, or am i missing something...?

You probably got some commendation which increased your Psi Strength a little.

I noticed there are still present some vanilla tracks and even some from xpiratez; may i suggest to discard these in irder to have all brand new soundtracks?

Change what in favour of what, and for what reason?

Also no, I haven't taken any music for Piratez. Why would you say so?

...and now, the bugfix release :D Version 1.0.1 has been released.

- New item: Golden Dragons, Nobelon.
- Warp Cannon damage increased.
- BlackOps and UAC logos added (by Arvidus).
- Fixed a crash on slander missions popping up.
- Fixed a crash on The Special Client mission popping up.
- Fixed the Bio-Drone weapon entry.
- Fixed the Moon hills.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 01:22:43 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: November 11, 2019, 01:50:07 pm »
To ver. 1.0. Don't know, is it bug or...
In the mission of rescuing David Vincent make sure his diskette lie on the ground or grabbed by your soldier. Otherwise, it will not be looted by the end of the mission. If D.V. survives, of course.  :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: November 11, 2019, 04:38:57 pm »
To ver. 1.0. Don't know, is it bug or...
In the mission of rescuing David Vincent make sure his diskette lie on the ground or grabbed by your soldier. Otherwise, it will not be looted by the end of the mission. If D.V. survives, of course.  :)

Eh? It should recover like anything else. There is literally no reason for the floppy to be recovered from some positions but not others.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: November 11, 2019, 05:13:09 pm »
Lol, that was fast, I haven't started the game yet and there's already a new patch, with bugfixes and adding... Drugs. Okay?

I agree. But... what launchers??? I don't know about any launchers to be added. :o

The disposable rocket launchers I mentioned several pages ago. Piratez has them and there's a random mod here that also allows them. It would be fitting for Xcom to have at Promotion lvl 3, now that Mortars are finally in.

http://openxcommods.weebly.com/downloads11.html

They should be available to human enemies to enable some nasty surprises during the early phases of the campaign.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: November 11, 2019, 06:11:55 pm »
Eh? It should recover like anything else. There is literally no reason for the floppy to be recovered from some positions but not others.

No. I can assure you - floppy wasn't at the list of loot from mission's report. There was nothing at the warehouse either. I was very surprised and replayed the last turn of mission with dispatching floppy from his inventory to the floor. For this time floppy was looted.
Maybe it was a single case and it is usually fine, I don't know.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: November 11, 2019, 09:26:13 pm »
Lol, that was fast, I haven't started the game yet and there's already a new patch, with bugfixes and adding... Drugs. Okay?

Well, there were several critical bugs, so I had no choice.

The disposable rocket launchers I mentioned several pages ago. Piratez has them and there's a random mod here that also allows them. It would be fitting for Xcom to have at Promotion lvl 3, now that Mortars are finally in.

But what for, since we already have several rocket launchers? What would be the new thing?

No. I can assure you - floppy wasn't at the list of loot from mission's report. There was nothing at the warehouse either. I was very surprised and replayed the last turn of mission with dispatching floppy from his inventory to the floor. For this time floppy was looted.
Maybe it was a single case and it is usually fine, I don't know.

Perhaps the floppy was destroyed with some explosion?

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: November 12, 2019, 12:14:32 am »
Well, there were several critical bugs, so I had no choice.

Well yeah, that's a good reason, but you worked extra to provide new content, which is nice. What now? More arc work? Which arc will you finish next?

But what for, since we already have several rocket launchers? What would be the new thing?

Well, disposable rocket launchers are a thing IRL. If X-Com has access to rocket launchers, mortars and explosives, one-use rocket launchers that are not as bulky as the bazooka model makes perfect sense to have. You can even get access to a rapid-fire RPG of sorts, so this thing shouldn't be too far-fetched to have IMO.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: November 12, 2019, 05:44:07 am »
Perhaps the floppy was destroyed with some explosion?

No. I know what I'm talking about. There were no explosions, earthquakes, volcanoes and black holes. :D
DV was at his lab during all the mission.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: November 12, 2019, 08:42:48 pm »
Well yeah, that's a good reason, but you worked extra to provide new content, which is nice. What now? More arc work? Which arc will you finish next?

I don't want to make any statements yet, except that I will continue working on the mod. But I think the leading candidates for development right now are Cult of Apocalypse and Reptoids.

Well, disposable rocket launchers are a thing IRL. If X-Com has access to rocket launchers, mortars and explosives, one-use rocket launchers that are not as bulky as the bazooka model makes perfect sense to have. You can even get access to a rapid-fire RPG of sorts, so this thing shouldn't be too far-fetched to have IMO.

I never said it wouldn't be believable, I just don't know why exactly we need another launcher when we already have 5 human launchers, with a selection of ammo types. I can add something, but first I need to understand the need.

No. I know what I'm talking about. There were no explosions, earthquakes, volcanoes and black holes. :D
DV was at his lab during all the mission.

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you without a save. There must have been something special about that situation, because after a won battle all the items are always recovered (unless they're non-recoverable).

Offline metaltooth

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: November 12, 2019, 11:06:24 pm »
Am I supposed to be able to intercept alien UFO landings by month 2?

I found a landed terror ship in my second month and got completely overpowered by the sectoids that crewed it
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:09:25 pm by metaltooth »