Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949682 times)

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0: Judgement Day
« Reply #3060 on: November 07, 2019, 08:46:19 pm »
currently at a campaign started in 0.99...
well that kinda sucks then. its sooo much effort to get proper replacements already...
like, why does it have to be so much work to get proper soldiers, when you can build UFOs and mechs and other stuff already?

I wouldnt recommend to continue 0.9.9 save with 1.0. To get the full experience of renewed mechanics you should start a new game. Otherwise many features could be simply missed.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0: Judgement Day
« Reply #3061 on: November 07, 2019, 08:51:48 pm »
^^ nesca, coffe 8) :p

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0: Judgement Day
« Reply #3062 on: November 07, 2019, 08:57:36 pm »
^^ nesca, coffe 8) :p

Are you shure about it? Check the label. Maybe it is already expired last decade? ;D

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: November 07, 2019, 11:02:41 pm »
You need to push your soldiers to almost every mission for a few drops of experience and some commendations. The whole training is more difficult than it was at 0.9.9. Just try 1.0 by yourself, and you'll know....

Drat, that sucks. I hope this doesn't mean hunting down animals like you were a pest exterminator from earlier versions is now even more necessary to do. That was quite boring and you'll have to go through hundreds of battles to win the game.

Offline Arcalane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: November 08, 2019, 02:13:20 am »
omg
so now they´re totally gonna suck even when they´re fully trained?
...why?
is it even worth anymore having some gyms then?

If you actually PAID ATTENTION TO THE UPDATE NOTES you'd notice that Sol has introduced new/additional advancement mechanics; there are "enhancement treatments" available (stuff like ninja scrolls, lo wo's secrets, maybe storm and others) that increase soldier stats.

Basically, the idea as I understand is that your soldiers start out less capable and can't train as high via the gym, but you gain additional ways of improving their stats as the game progresses. Your dudes won't be crazy superhumans within the first two months just from grinding zombies, rats, and spiders like you're playing some early-gen MMO. :P

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: November 08, 2019, 06:16:09 am »
I hope this doesn't mean hunting down animals like you were a pest exterminator from earlier versions is now even more necessary to do.

Well, I'm not pretend for the role of ultimate player, but have some exp and skill. Look at the pictures.
Today is June of 1998.

The fist is my best soldier: full trained at gym, he has a lot of different commendations and the first bio-enhancement (ninja scrolls are still unavailable, because they was cutted from the mission with Lo Wo), he is with me from the beginning of the campaign - honored veteran. As you can see, the main trouble is with accuracy and reaction training. In 0.9.9 versions I'd have 10-15 full-trained soldiers with maxed accuracy and reactions by the same date, but here he is the only one. There are also several good soldiers, but they are a bit worse.

On the second picture is the other soldier with one silly commendation, with a couple missions behind and full trained at gym. Looks promising, isn't it?  :) In 0.9.9 we can get full-gym-trained soldiers with average stats, but now... *Meh*

As you understand, grinding became even more important than it ever be. Fatigue makes grinding (and the whole missions) more dangerous, because you need to act more aggressive. Such tactics often leads to disastrous results - more stupid deaths from freaky grenades, for example. :-\ I plan not to complete Red Dawn arc and Monsters arc - with hybrids these measures will supply enough of 'meat' for my troops, I hope.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 06:20:35 am by X-Man »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: November 08, 2019, 11:54:11 am »
Grinding it is then. I suppose I'll wait for the next version being uploaded to fix minor bugs and add new stuff such as these launchers, before giving this a third (or was it 4th?) run. I suppose it's recommended to play this game in short bursts and/or alternate with other stuff, to avoid fatigue from doing boring combat non-stop, especially during the early game.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: November 08, 2019, 12:37:16 pm »
If you actually PAID ATTENTION TO THE UPDATE NOTES you'd notice that Sol has introduced new/additional advancement mechanics; there are "enhancement treatments" available (stuff like ninja scrolls, lo wo's secrets, maybe storm and others) that increase soldier stats.

Basically, the idea as I understand is that your soldiers start out less capable and can't train as high via the gym, but you gain additional ways of improving their stats as the game progresses. Your dudes won't be crazy superhumans within the first two months just from grinding zombies, rats, and spiders like you're playing some early-gen MMO. :P
I´ve see the new enchancements. There´s many and now instead of training you just pay to improve your soldier.
The downside however, i found nowhere the requirements for most of those enchancements.
E.g. 1 training for martial arts yet. Dunno why just one soldier or why exactly that one...

Offline Toothless Shark

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: November 08, 2019, 07:11:57 pm »
Solarius, congras on 1.0 release. You did hell of a job on this mod. It went a long way from FMP you made first.
Great work  :)

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: November 08, 2019, 10:43:29 pm »
where to get gauss clips actually?
i have all the weapons researched, but no clips...
and need a clip to research it.
oh that sounds familiar...  ;D

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: November 09, 2019, 06:42:45 am »
where to get gauss clips actually?
i have all the weapons researched, but no clips...
and need a clip to research it.
oh that sounds familiar...  ;D

You can obtain clips from reptoids. Go to underground...

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: November 09, 2019, 08:12:29 pm »
Thanks.
Where to get aqua plastics then?  ;D
Have some, but no idea where from.
And no mission in the last few months got me any more...

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: November 09, 2019, 08:29:30 pm »
Thanks.
Where to get aqua plastics then?  ;D
Have some, but no idea where from.
And no mission in the last few months got me any more...

As you can guess from its name, aqua plastic can be taken from underwater missions  :) Osiron containers also xan drop a few pieces.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: November 09, 2019, 08:30:55 pm »
I guessed that much  ;)
But probably had no luck there yet.
Ah thats where i got it from then, Osiron...

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: November 10, 2019, 02:24:59 am »
A lot of my guys have no psi skill displayed. (But psi strength)
Does that mean its 0, or am i missing something...?