Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720125 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [OXCE+] Original discussion thread
« Reply #1575 on: July 12, 2018, 01:18:39 pm »
Looks like bug in core, not in mod:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5566.msg99004.html#msg99004
When try to use two-handed only weapon with item in second hand, wrong message displayed. Not STR_MUST_USE_BOTH_HANDS, but STR_UNDERWATER_EQUIPMENT.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: July 14, 2018, 12:23:39 pm »
For modders:
Starting next version, you should use "capturable: false" for enemies that cannot be captured (i.e. are forced to die when stunned).

This depended on "specab: 1" and "specab: 3" until now (= all units that explode upon death), but has been changed in recent nightly.

Affects also mods that don't use OXCE+ : https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3287.msg98898.html#msg98898
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:25:43 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: July 14, 2018, 09:16:15 pm »
New OXCE+ version is up.

2018-07-14
 - Fixed message priority (two-handed vs underwater weapons)
 - Fixed medikits training melee by default (trains nothing now)
 - Bughunt mode turned off by default (after 999 turns by default)
 - Added ability to spray multiple shots between multiple waypoints: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6423.0.html
 - Fixed two-handed accuracy penalty for special weapons using empty hands
 - Rank sprites are now moddable per soldier type
 - Soldier rank gets reduced to highest possible when undergoing a transformation
 - Soldier transformations without a producedSoldierType default to keeping the type the same
 - Fixed live soldier transformation projects with transfer time > 0
 - Custom weapon reload sounds
From vanilla:
 - Added option to choose between GM.CAT and MIDI files when setting up the game's music format
 - Unhardcoded the logic determining whether an alien can be captured alive.
 - Fixed multiple falling units behaviour

Download: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_HEAVY_GAUSS
    sprayWaypoints: 3       # default 0

soldiers:
  - type: STR_SOLDIER
    rankSprite: xxx         # default 42 # basebits.pck
    rankBattleSprite: xxx   # default 20 # smoke.pck

items:
  - type: STR_PISTOL
    reloadSound: 4          # default 17
  - type: STR_RIFLE
    reloadSound: [4, 12, 22]

units:
  - type: STR_BLUE_CYBERDISC
    specab: 1
    capturable: false       # default TRUE!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:41:31 am by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1578 on: July 15, 2018, 02:53:08 pm »
What is the sprayWaypoints code?  ???

Something like in Jagged Alliance 2: for an auto fire weapon you can define two points on the map and the weapon will attempt to saturate the space between them evenly with bullets.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: July 17, 2018, 12:36:08 am »
soldiers rank sprites work fine but i canĀ“t get tiny ones to work, and since you only put the 2 lines in description

i suposed  tinyRankSprite:  xx is still WIP?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: July 21, 2018, 07:16:45 pm »
New OXCE+ version is up.

2018-07-21
 - Changed hit! to HIT
 - Added option for one-handed-unloading of weapons (by karadoc)
 - Fix for transformations not working on psi-training soldiers
 - Removed 8km limit from aggressive attack (in dogfight)
 - Tiny ranks per soldier type
 - Changed craft transfer time default to 24 hours
 - Quite a lot of recent vanilla bugfixes

Download: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//ExtendedPlus/Extended+-3.10b-f8325b1a4-2018-07-21-win32.7z

soldiers:
  - type: STR_SOLDIER
    rankTinySprite: xxx     # default  0 # TinyRanks

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: July 22, 2018, 06:01:23 am »
Thank you very much for the update.
Just explain to me somebody - what is a "rankTiny" where to find it and how to use it? The translator translated everything in such a way that I understood even less.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: July 22, 2018, 09:09:19 am »

Offline Player701

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: July 22, 2018, 04:56:26 pm »
Hi again.

There seems to be an issue where I can recover live aliens despite having no alien containment at my base.

Check out the attached save file: load, shoot the sectoid (doesn't always work on first try, reload if it fails) => mission is over, live aliens recovered = 1. Then go to base management, select the 3rd base ("Asia") and check the stores. Bah - there is a Sectoid Leader there... and no alien containment (not even under construction).

Looking at the code, this behavior seems to be introduced in OXCE+ (also confirmed by testing in vanilla OXC, the "Alien dies because no alien containment" message is displayed before debriefing). However, the original game does not work this way. Could you please make this behavior toggleable and disable it for vanilla rulesets, if possible? The same behavior is implemented in recoverCivilian as well; even though civilians are not recoverable in vanilla, maybe make the toggle apply there too for consistency?

Also, possible bug: maybe a "<=" should be here instead of "<"? Lines 2147 and 2227 in DebriefingState.cpp

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 05:13:23 pm by Player701 »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: July 24, 2018, 05:54:05 pm »
In OXCE+ the aliens can be transferred to other bases instead of dying.
If you turn on the "Enforce storage limits" option, you will get the message about not sufficient alien containment.

Without the option turned on, it just goes into minus (and you are not forced to remove or transfer the alien).

But I guess there is still a logical error there... you should be able to go into minus let's say from 10 to -7, but not from 0 to -7 (i.e. when you don't have any alien containment).
I'll fix it accordingly.

PS: as for "<=" vs "<".... "<" is correct

Offline Player701

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: July 24, 2018, 08:09:56 pm »
In OXCE+ the aliens can be transferred to other bases instead of dying.
If you turn on the "Enforce storage limits" option, you will get the message about not sufficient alien containment.

Without the option turned on, it just goes into minus (and you are not forced to remove or transfer the alien).

But I guess there is still a logical error there... you should be able to go into minus let's say from 10 to -7, but not from 0 to -7 (i.e. when you don't have any alien containment).
I'll fix it accordingly.

I thought storage limits only affected items, not captive aliens. I am aware you can exceed your general stores capacity after recovering items from a successful mission (vanilla behavior), but there has always been a requirement to have an alien containment at your base to store live aliens. At least it is like this in plain OpenXcom (and AFAIK in vanilla as well).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: July 24, 2018, 08:15:01 pm »
I thought storage limits only affected items, not captive aliens. I am aware you can exceed your general stores capacity after recovering items from a successful mission (vanilla behavior), but there has always been a requirement to have an alien containment at your base to store live aliens. At least it is like this in plain OpenXcom (and AFAIK in vanilla as well).

Storage limits affect alien containment in Openxcom too.

And the requirement to have alien containment in the base (or transfer to another base that has it) will be fixed.

Offline Player701

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: July 24, 2018, 09:25:20 pm »
Storage limits affect alien containment in Openxcom too.

And the requirement to have alien containment in the base (or transfer to another base that has it) will be fixed.

I see.

Also, regarding

Sorry, then. Too much advanced logic seems to have been introduced here so I guess I don't understand it all. Just thought I'd better ask about it...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: July 26, 2018, 05:52:15 pm »
Finally fixed, took a lot longer than I thought... corner cases of corner cases of corner cases, sigh.

Here's the fix: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/c867b6bf53ae72907a6a70b3747153b458b9aa11

Here's a new build: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//ExtendedPlus/Extended+-3.10b-88ae4fdc2-2018-07-26-win32.7z

I would appreciate if someone could test all the combinations of:
 - storage limits option turned on/off
 - having alien containment in the base or not
 - having alien containment in any other base or not

Offline Player701

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: July 26, 2018, 06:36:04 pm »
Finally fixed, took a lot longer than I thought... corner cases of corner cases of corner cases, sigh.

Here's the fix: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/c867b6bf53ae72907a6a70b3747153b458b9aa11

Here's a new build: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//ExtendedPlus/Extended+-3.10b-88ae4fdc2-2018-07-26-win32.7z

I would appreciate if someone could test all the combinations of:
 - storage limits option turned on/off
 - having alien containment in the base or not
 - having alien containment in any other base or not

Using the save file I attached earlier, I am now presented with an alien containment management screen at the end of the mission. I guess this is intended behavior. Perhaps the message could be changed, though (it says I must remove excess aliens from containment even though I don't have one). Wish it were possible to turn off the ability to transfer the aliens, but then I might as well just not use it.

The only thing which looks weird to me is that the "Alien containment limits exceeded" popup window seems to appear before its animation starts playing (i.e. first I see the message, and then the "window frame" animation and sound play). I think I saw this effect one or two times back when I didn't have any alien containment in any of my bases, but then I thought it was just a fluke (perhaps I pressed a button too fast or something); however, this time it can be reproduced reliably.

I wish I could test more, but unfortunately I don't have much time in the following two days. Thank you anyway, though. (guess OpenXcom could probably benefit from some kind of unit testing framework...)