aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720700 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [OXCE+] Meridian's resources and mods for (not only) X-PirateZ
« Reply #1140 on: February 12, 2017, 03:55:08 pm »
New version is up. Already longer, just forgot to post :)

2017-02-09
 - Removed random up/down rounding for stat-based bonuses
 - Added damage preview for psi weapons (in BA_USE mode)
 - Added chance-to-succeed preview for psi weapons (not considering target psi defence)
 - Added damage preview for guided missiles, e.g. blaster launcher
 - Fixed alien aggression (when using values between 3 and 9)
 - Reintroduced setting turretType by fixedWeapon, not only livingWeapon

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-YUjQ1d0otaXFwVFU

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 14, 2017, 06:56:53 pm »
Hello Meridian:
Let me know if you can clarify this:
I am testing their mode of surrender, and it seems to work, but in the final report of the mission, do not appear the enemies who have surrendered, nor their belongings as booty, nor the statistics, which indicates how many enemies have surrendered. I believe, for some reason that I can not understand, the program confuses the surrendered enemies with casualties. I have reviewed the listings carefully, and I find, apparently, no fault. I include a list, with one of the units I have created. I tried it out of curiosity, with the mod piratez, and there it works, but when I get out of there, it does not indicate the total number of enemies that surrender.

Code: [Select]
alienRaces:
  - id: STR_WER
    members:
      - STR_WARGOTENGINEER
      - STR_WARGOTENGINEER
      - STR_WARGOTENGINEER
      - STR_WARGOTENGINEER
      - STR_WARGOTENGINEER
      - STR_WARGOTENGINEER
      - STR_WARGOTENGINEER
      - STR_WARGOTENGINEER
items:
  - type: STR_WARGOTENGINEER
    size: 0.0
    recover: true
    liveAlien: true
    costSell: 80000
  - type: STR_WARGOTENGINEER_CORPSE
    recover: true
    size: 0.4
    costSell: 20000
    weight: 40
    bigSprite: 110
    floorSprite: 110
    invWidth: 2
    invHeight: 3
    recoveryPoints: 5
    battleType: 11
    armor: 26
research:
  - name: STR_WER
    cost: 200
    dependencies:
      - STR_WARGOTENGINEER
      - STR_WARGOT_SOLDIER
    needItem: true     
ufopaedia:
  - id: STR_WER
    type_id: 7
    section: STR_ALIEN_LIFE_FORMS
    requires:
      - STR_WER
    image_id: WERAGENT.SPK
    text: The Wargots engineers are unpleasant-looking individuals, coarse-mannered, and very much given to cruelly injuring their interlocutor, with scathing and offensive jokes. Although diplomacy, and savoir affaire, are not their forte, they are especially gifted to design, and to fine-tune, all sorts of vehicles, weapons, and machinery, which, despite their sloppy and flimsy appearance, work acceptably well. Wargots engineers love combat and a good fight, almost as much, as designing machines or armament. They tend to walk bent over, and suffer from many ailments, a product of many hours spent in uncomfortable positions, building their contraptions, but they are good combatants, and not to be underestimated.
    text_width: 180

units:
  - type: STR_WARGOTENGINEER
    race: STR_WER
    stats:
      tu: 50
      stamina: 60
      health: 25
      bravery: 40
      reactions: 55
      firing: 50
      throwing: 40
      strength: 24
      psiStrength: 40
      psiSkill: 0
      melee: 45
    armor: WARGOTENGINEER_ARMOR
    standHeight: 21
    kneelHeight: 16
    value: 19
    deathSound: 2958
    energyRecovery: 30
    intelligence: 5
    aggression: 1
    canSurrender: true
armors:
  - type: WARGOTENGINEER_ARMOR
    spriteSheet: WER.PCK
    corpseBattle:
      - STR_WARGOTENGINEER_CORPSE
    frontArmor: 48
    sideArmor: 48
    rearArmor: 48
    underArmor: 40
    meleeDodge:
      reactions: 0.4
    meleeDodgeBackPenalty: 0.5
    recovery:
      morale:
        moraleCurrent: -0.2
        bravery: 0.2
      stun:
        healthCurrent: 0.1
        health: -0.075
    drawingRoutine: 10
    damageModifier:
    loftempsSet: [ 3 ]
extraSprites:
  - type: BIGOBS.PCK
    files:
      110: Resources/WER/WER_SOLDIER_corpse.png
  - type: FLOOROB.PCK
    files:
      110: Resources/WER/floorob_WER_corpse.png
  - type: WER.PCK
    width: 256
    height: 1400
    subX: 32
    subY: 40
    files:
      0: Resources/WER/WER_SOLDIER.png
  - type: WERAGENT.SPK
    singleImage: true
    width: 512
    height: 720
    files:
      0: Resources/FinalModPack/UfopediaTechPics/WERAGENT.png
extraSounds:
  - type: BATTLE.CAT
    files:
      2958: Resources/WER/WER_SOLDIER.wav
extraStrings:
   - type: en-US
     strings:
       STR_WER: Wargot Engineer
       STR_WARGOTENGINEER: Wargot Engineer
       STR_WARGOTENGINEER_CORPSE: Wargot Engineer Corpse

I have been testing, and I have just seen, as the computer immolates an enemy, that should have surrendered in theory.
I use modeSurrender 2, as Dioxine does in its great mod, but it still does not tell me the total number of people who surrender. All this proved, with the last version of his exe, that of 9-2-2017, and the one that includes the last version F, of Piratez. Anyway, I hope I have explained clearly. My level of English is a bit fair, I'm sorry.

PS If this does not go here, I ask some moderator, to put it in the right place. Thank you. :)
Thank you so much for your attention, and for the great work that you are also doing.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:28:17 pm by Meridian »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 14, 2017, 07:39:21 pm »
Can you give me a full/working mod?
I don't have any of the resources referenced in this ruleset...

I can't help you just by looking at it... I need to be able to use it.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 14, 2017, 08:00:31 pm »
Hi. Thanks for answering. Sorry for the forgetfulness.  ;D. Here I include the resources of this mod. As I said, I tried it, to experiment, with the mod of Dioxine, the latest F1 version, and there it works, but coming out of Piratez, and loading the normal openxcom, everything that I have described previously happens. And if I try to apply in my mods, the same thing happens with the same exe. Thank you very much for your patience. If something else is missing, let me know if it is possible to send it to you.
A greeting.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Meridian's resources and mods for X-PirateZ
« Reply #1144 on: February 14, 2017, 08:07:17 pm »
The categories only work for equipment screen, but they should be improved to cover buy/sell/vaults menus as well.

Did anything ever come of this? I've not seen anything like it in the changelogs, and with roughly ten gazillion buyable things in Piratez and soon in X-Com Files that looks like a really handy feature. Or maybe it's on Meridian's lower-priority todo list and there are just more pressing concerns?

As an aside, is the todo list available anywhere? I've seen bits of it, e.g. here, but nothing comprehensive. I'm just curious, don't take this as a request to create one (I know publishing such a list is not without its downsides).

If something like this is ever implemented, I'd throw out an alternate idea: make the right click in buy/sell/loot menus behave like it does for manufacturing, i.e. [marks as new]/hides/[back to regular], with corresponding categories of 'hidden' buyables and such. Right now categories are personnel/crafts/everything else, which are quite irrelevant as far as ease of use is concerned.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 14, 2017, 10:19:31 pm »
Hi. Thanks for answering. Sorry for the forgetfulness.  ;D. Here I include the resources of this mod. As I said, I tried it, to experiment, with the mod of Dioxine, the latest F1 version, and there it works, but coming out of Piratez, and loading the normal openxcom, everything that I have described previously happens. And if I try to apply in my mods, the same thing happens with the same exe. Thank you very much for your patience. If something else is missing, let me know if it is possible to send it to you.
A greeting.

- Resources/FinalModPack/UfopediaTechPics/WERAGENT.png was missing, I added some random picture
- surrenderMode: 2 was missing, I added it on the top of the ruleset

Everything works fine for me.
Attaching 2 saves... one with surrender but die (no alien containment, corpse recovered); and one with two surrenders and recovery.

Attached the mod itself too.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 14, 2017, 10:24:47 pm »
Did anything ever come of this? I've not seen anything like it in the changelogs, and with roughly ten gazillion buyable things in Piratez and soon in X-Com Files that looks like a really handy feature. Or maybe it's on Meridian's lower-priority todo list and there are just more pressing concerns?

As an aside, is the todo list available anywhere? I've seen bits of it, e.g. here, but nothing comprehensive. I'm just curious, don't take this as a request to create one (I know publishing such a list is not without its downsides).

If something like this is ever implemented, I'd throw out an alternate idea: make the right click in buy/sell/loot menus behave like it does for manufacturing, i.e. [marks as new]/hides/[back to regular], with corresponding categories of 'hidden' buyables and such. Right now categories are personnel/crafts/everything else, which are quite irrelevant as far as ease of use is concerned.

Categories for buy, sell and so on have not been implemented, because there is already a better concept: quick search.
It allows you to find what you need quicker and easier.

It's not on my todo list anymore.

Todo list is not available, it's private. I share it with modders that I work with regularly.

The "hidden" flag (e.g. in manufacturing) will also be removed soon-ish, because it has been superseeded by the quick search.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1147 on: February 14, 2017, 10:29:43 pm »
Categories for buy, sell and so on have not been implemented, because there is already a better concept: quick search.
It allows you to find what you need quicker and easier.

It's not on my todo list anymore.

Todo list is not available, it's private. I share it with modders that I work with regularly.

The "hidden" flag (e.g. in manufacturing) will also be removed soon-ish, because it has been superseeded by the quick search.

I use Quick Search all the time, yet I am actually missing a filter in the buying and selling screens. Sometimes I need to buy or sell something specific, but very often I want to buy or sell, for example, some pistols, and it would be nice to have a catalogue. I've been actually waiting for this feature ever since it was suggested; not a vital thing, but certainly nice and useful.

I don't care that much about hiding manufacturing projects personally, but it could possibly be useful for stuff like the Menace class - you can only build one, so why keep it in the list?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:33:01 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 14, 2017, 11:21:58 pm »
I thought Meridian's comment meant I could search by category  at least and felt stupid for missing such a powerful feature. Then I went and tried and it didn't work. So +1 to what Solarius said.

I also often want to either scan some part of the list for interesting things or quickly go through a custom shopping list that involves a moderate number of different categories (mainly consumables). 'Hidden' filter would essentially create your own personal shopping list, but even search by category name or a filter similar to the equipment screen would be an improvement. Current Quick Search is a complementary tool, and a straight upgrade over manual search, but it does not appear to be a replacement.

Whether there is enough interest for it to be worth your time is another matter.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 15, 2017, 12:08:32 pm »
Hello Meridian:
Thank you so much for everything. It works perfectly. :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 15, 2017, 12:10:53 pm »
Hello Meridian:
Thank you so much for everything. It works perfectly. :)

So, what was the problem?

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 15, 2017, 01:45:38 pm »
Hello Meridian:
The problem, I think it was another awkwardness of mine  :(. I had not built an alien container at the beginning of the game, and so, I think, the computer killed the enemies that had surrendered, having no place to place the prisoners. I have tested it again, with a container built, and the race of the example I sent, and already correctly shows the number of enemies, they surrender. Then, too, I have always tried in random battles mode, and of course, so the statistics did not come out. Of surrender. The truth is that this option, greatly improves the game, like its previous contributions. I take time to ask you another question, abusing your patience. The surrendermode, do you have to put it at the beginning of each new race, or is it enough to use it only once?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 15, 2017, 01:51:58 pm »
The surrendermode, do you have to put it at the beginning of each new race, or is it enough to use it only once?

It's a global parameter, once per mod is enough.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 15, 2017, 02:16:44 pm »
Okay, thank you so much for your help. Everything is cleared up.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 16, 2017, 12:19:33 pm »
New version is up.

2017-02-15
 - Added monthly rating-based performance bonus (= money)
 - Fixed bug with moving ground inventory back to base
 - Added randomDelay to mission script; final delay is a random number between "startDelay" (min) and "startDelay + randomDelay" (max)
 - Ability to unlock (=finish) a research topic after a successful mission: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5227.msg78149.html#msg78149
 - Fixed a problem with the storage check when transferring items (thx Karadoc)

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-YTFRVOWJFRHotdms

alienDeployments:
  - type: STR_LOC_EMANSION
    unlockedResearch: STR_MEDICINE # research given for free after winning the mission
missionScripts:
  - type: giftsOfLove
    startDelay: 200
    randomDelay: 500 # final delay is a random number between "startDelay" (min) and "startDelay + randomDelay" (max)
performanceBonusFactor: 100 # default 0; monthly performance bonus (in $) = monthly rating * performanceBonusFactor

extraStrings:
  - type: en-US
    strings:
      STR_PERFORMANCE_BONUS: "Performance Bonus"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:26:22 pm by Meridian »