aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720596 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Meridian's resources and mods for X-PirateZ
« Reply #600 on: May 24, 2016, 10:01:23 pm »
or compile yaml-cpp as part of exe not external lib. You would need remove references to system yaml lib from `makefile.simple` and direct path to header and sources downloaded manually. Something like that is done in `makefile.mxe`.

niculinux

« Reply #601 on: May 25, 2016, 01:08:44 pm »
Thanks Yankes! @Meridian: when ever the next stable linux binary will be raedy some more info (maybe a bit technical) about it would be nice, to help users. Hope again Yankes may want to help. Over and out!

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 25, 2016, 01:18:13 pm »
@Meridian: when ever the next stable linux binary will be raedy some more info (maybe a bit technical) about it would be nice, to help users.

What more info do you need?

You can't just ask me for "more info", I have no idea what do you need... otherwise I will just tell you that when I created the binary, the sun was shining in switzerland, it was 20 degrees celsius and I had red socks and blue t-shirt on. I was drinking red wine and my neighbour's dog was barking all the time.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #603 on: May 25, 2016, 02:20:45 pm »
Oh Meridian, can you move the gunmeele Swing option BACK AGAIN to the bottom? It was in a proper place then now it's somehow back at the top. It feels really unnatural, as the swing option is the 'least important' and there it is, at the very damned top :) Or make it an option, if your opinion is as strong as mine only the other way :)

My actual argument is: when you're doing Swing, you do it 2-3 times in a quick succession. When the Swing was on bottom, it was directly under the cursor that just clicked the weapon. Now, with Swing on the top, I have to swing the mouse like crazy to do it :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:37:39 pm by Dioxine »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 25, 2016, 02:46:02 pm »
Oh Meridian, can you move the gunmeele Swing option BACK AGAIN to the bottom? It was in a proper place then now it's somehow back at the top. It feels really unnatural, as the swing option is the 'least important' and there it is, at the very damned top :) Or make it an option, if your opinion is as strong as mine only the other way :)

My actual argument is: when you're doing Swing, you do it 2-3 times in a quick succession. When the Swing was on bottom, it was directly under the cursor that just clicked the weapon. Now, with Swing on the top, I have to swing the mouse like crazy to do it :)

Yeah, I changed it back, because I did gunmelee instead of autoshot so many times since the change (just by memory without looking).

I'll make it configurable today (as user option).

niculinux

« Reply #605 on: May 25, 2016, 10:21:27 pm »
What more info do you need?

You can't just ask me for "more info", I have no idea what do you need... otherwise I will just tell you that when I created the binary, the sun was shining in switzerland, it was 20 degrees celsius and I had red socks and blue t-shirt on. I was drinking red wine and my neighbour's dog was barking all the time.

Ahah no sorry, i meant dependencies or it it woul be statically linked and so on i' m not expert...O_o and it's a pity i never had an holiday in Switzerland :'(

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 27, 2016, 03:12:17 pm »
I've been able to to compile Meridian's source by using apt-get to install the libraries listed on ufopaedia's site, but they have to be the dev version, with -dev appended to the library name.  I can come up with some better instructions when I'm not on my phone if you'd like.

niculinux

« Reply #607 on: May 27, 2016, 11:34:01 pm »
I've been able to to compile Meridian's source by using apt-get to install the libraries listed on ufopaedia's site, but they have to be the dev version, with -dev appended to the library name.  I can come up with some better instructions when I'm not on my phone if you'd like.

Oh yes, that would be very kind, thanks! Maybe then Meridian may merge these "istructions" in the first post :)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 28, 2016, 12:36:34 am »
First, the obvious part of downloading the source from Meridian, it's the source link in his original post, I'll copy it here too: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/tree/oxce2.9-plus-proto
Either download or make a git clone, just get all the source files in a directory you can easily find with the terminal.

Next come all the required libraries, listed on https://ufopaedia.org at: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Installing_(OpenXcom) under the instructions for Unix-like systems.  We need all the dev versions, so I installed them with the command
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libyaml-cpp-dev libboost-devNote the addition of libboost-dev - I don't remember quite why I needed it, I think it popped up as an error that it was required during my first try.

Finally, navigate in your terminal to the src folder from Meridian's files and make using the Makefile.simple that he provided:
make -f Makefile.simpleAfter a few minutes, you should have a binary that you can use!  I then moved it to the Piratez directory, the same location that Dioxine puts the .exe file for Windows.  Make sure it's set as executable, and you can either run it from a terminal or just double-click from a file browser.

Edit: If you're having trouble finding the executable after compiling, it was in the bin/ subfolder for me.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:46:25 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 28, 2016, 01:00:23 am »
libboost-dev is need by old yaml-cpp (probably most distr have old ones), new one use c++11 features that replace it.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 28, 2016, 02:46:04 pm »
New version is up.

v2016-05-28
  + Added more filtering in the New Manufacture screen, more info: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4520.msg65589.html#msg65589
  + Added user option for show gun melee on top (or on bottom)

Download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-YWDRWX1lMZVh3WTg

niculinux

« Reply #611 on: May 29, 2016, 02:58:48 pm »
@ohartenstein23: i tryed like you wrote here and it worked! For linux users: if you use sudo must change the user gorup otherwise you'll be able to run the binary (placed in the /bin folder after the compiling is over) only as root. Used on an older pc (took nearly an hour!) with ubuntu 14.04.

@Meridian and Yankes: executed in the terminal, and while running got the putput:
libpng warning: Out of place iCCP chunk
Used very latest version (v2016-05-28) and for the new features - in the menu screen - got some weird strings like in the attached screenshot.

Edit: compiled in ubuntu 14.04, gives error in ubuntu 16.04 because give siilar error like here but this time regarding libSDL_gfx.so.13.

Edit 2: inventory stats are also messed up (bugged) see attachment

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 05:10:54 pm by niculinux »

niculinux

« Reply #612 on: May 29, 2016, 11:46:28 pm »
On 0.98F, while assaultin a small shipping, stunned an osiris bodyguard, went to inventory, rapied an osiris bodyguard, the body wes here but not visible (pointed by the description hoverin the cursor over) but as soon as i clicked on the corpse game crashes to desktop. Save attached. That xpiratez version seems somewhat buggy, see also here Saves and .log file attached, latest should be inizio.sav, and i'm usin english (US) language. Sry no screenshots this time.

Edit: i continued playing, and actually seems a bugs regarding stunned enemies. I have Alt corpses mod enabled. Screen below

niculinux

« Reply #613 on: May 29, 2016, 11:47:19 pm »
Disabling the alt corpses mod the game does not crash. But stings in the GUI are messed up, as screenies tell.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 30, 2016, 01:14:26 am »

@Meridian and Yankes: executed in the terminal, and while running got the putput:
libpng warning: Out of place iCCP chunk
Used very latest version (v2016-05-28) and for the new features - in the menu screen - got some weird strings like in the attached screenshot.

Edit: compiled in ubuntu 14.04, gives error in ubuntu 16.04 because give siilar error like here but this time regarding libSDL_gfx.so.13.

Edit 2: inventory stats are also messed up (bugged) see attachment
You need update mod too, without this you will not have correct strings.