aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434196 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1815 on: August 22, 2017, 09:35:41 pm »
I can't remember exactly. But if you give me the map block, I'll have a look.

Probably not the map... btw. you can load the save yourself to have a look... it crashes only sometimes... depending how badly outside the coordinate is : )

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: August 23, 2017, 01:48:02 am »
This could be error on my part, I will look on this when I find some time.

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: August 24, 2017, 01:30:56 pm »
Missing string STR_NO_ALIEN_CONTAINMENT_FOR_TRANSFER_2
(transfering the loot just after the end of mission)

Offline Kharim

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: August 24, 2017, 02:27:00 pm »
I got the same bug again. It is a battlescape save, fighting a landed medium reticulan ship just as before. One more thing the crash message states it is a segementation fault:
Code: [Select]
[24-08-2017_13-24-21] [FATAL] A fatal error has occurred: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.
[24-08-2017_13-24-45] [FATAL] OpenXcom has crashed: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log.
If this error was unexpected, please report it to the developers.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: August 24, 2017, 07:12:39 pm »
Missing string STR_NO_ALIEN_CONTAINMENT_FOR_TRANSFER_2
(transfering the loot just after the end of mission)

Looks like you have no burrow to contain animal captives.
That's what the missing string is supposed to be.

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: August 26, 2017, 11:23:17 pm »
At the end of ordinary mission I can not sell loot after sending some to another base. The selling button is gone.
After sending some other loot away, the button is back.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: August 26, 2017, 11:32:10 pm »
You can't sell stuff on that first screenshot because you would not have enough store space... need to sell a bit more...

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: August 27, 2017, 05:49:48 pm »
Hopefully this hasn't been reported yet: I noticed that you can somehow stun and capture Academy Drones with the Handle and can research them, but doing the latter results in being given nothing. The drone placed at the Burrow disappears and... That's it. I'm not sure if I was intended to examine a broken bot first or anything, but I thought I would be given the option to dismantle them upon capture or something.

Second, one of the Bounty Missions, the lovely "Wreck this house without being noticed" one, upon completing it, I receive some tokens and a Lok'Tar villager which cannot be used for anything except for ransom. Is that intended?

Also, how does that particular mission work by the way? Can the game pick up how much of said house you destroy to complete the mission and give you the rewards?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1823 on: August 27, 2017, 06:30:11 pm »
Hopefully this hasn't been reported yet: I noticed that you can somehow stun and capture Academy Drones with the Handle and can research them, but doing the latter results in being given nothing. The drone placed at the Burrow disappears and... That's it. I'm not sure if I was intended to examine a broken bot first or anything, but I thought I would be given the option to dismantle them upon capture or something.

I suppose it's unintended, but can't provide much additional info here. Probably a loose string.

Second, one of the Bounty Missions, the lovely "Wreck this house without being noticed" one, upon completing it, I receive some tokens and a Lok'Tar villager which cannot be used for anything except for ransom. Is that intended?

Yes, it's intended... And sort of inevitable.

Also, how does that particular mission work by the way? Can the game pick up how much of said house you destroy to complete the mission and give you the rewards?

Yes, it can. Technically speaking, the game counts destroyed tiles and the recovers them as tokens... Same as UFO walls are recovered as Alien Alloys.

Offline Mammothus

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: August 30, 2017, 08:12:21 pm »
Hey guys,

I think I've found an error in the Bootypedia. For the "Armored Vaults", it mentions the only topic you need to research is "Inspect Machinery". However, in the ruleset, what I'm guessing is "Heavy-Duty Construction" is listed as a build requirement.

- type: STR_GENERAL_STORES_ARMORED
    requires:
      - STR_HEAVY_CONSTRUCTION

I definitely see I can't build them after researching the "Inspect..." topic and was a bit confused.  If this isn't a mistake, please let me know what I'm missing.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:17:06 pm by Mammothus »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: August 30, 2017, 08:17:18 pm »
Yes, that is correct.  The inspect machinery research project unlocks the pedia article on the armored vaults ("Hey, we took a look at this facility and know what it does now!"), you don't get to build them until you have some better knowledge of building facilities.

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: August 31, 2017, 03:50:11 pm »
Minor bug: it's not possible to put big item from the inventory on the ground if there is only one free collum. See the pics.
The right arrow moves items on the ground to the start of list.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: August 31, 2017, 03:59:48 pm »
Minor bug: it's not possible to put big item from the inventory on the ground if there is only one free collum.

Use Ctrl+click to drop the item quicker and without needing the free space.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: August 31, 2017, 07:31:36 pm »
So, bug with not turning tank turrets was mentioned before?

The turret of A.I. HWP's like battlecannon tanks 'visually' don't turn thier turrets once they've shot your troops.

ALT button shows the actual facing but the visual feedback reads like the tank made a 180° reactionshot onto you.

Fixed, resp. implemented:
- all turreted units turn their turrets in the direction of the fire when they react (melee or ranged)
- all originally hostile and neutral turreted units reset their turret direction (back to direction of movement) every turn

Offline Aspa

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 03, 2017, 01:18:05 pm »
Is it really intended that custom lasguns need 3 sectoid corpses?