aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1468949 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1605 on: May 07, 2017, 03:00:28 pm »
So, bug with not turning tank turrets was mentioned before?

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Reticulan Bunker
« Reply #1606 on: May 07, 2017, 05:29:43 pm »
The Reticulan Bunker has so many holes it should sink.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 08, 2017, 08:16:31 am »
Hello. I have a little question.

I just investigate the piroman armor for the slave soldiers, and now I can produce piroman and crusader armor. But crusader armor article in bootypedia does not appear. Do I need another research to appear or is this a bug?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 08, 2017, 09:20:24 am »
I encountered the same thing.
Yes you can produce it off the bat but you can read the article later once you have the ability to build chainmails.
I guess it's not supposed to work this early but slaves are paperthin anyway so the crusader-suit helps them to survive at least one bullet :3

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 08, 2017, 09:38:28 am »
But I have chainmails right now... Maybe I need something more?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 08, 2017, 09:51:15 am »
I can't check the techtree right now but I suggest there is an issue with the manufacturing rules.

It's only logical that you can't build crusaders if you can't build chainmails for your gals.
Did you picked red codex? You get 2 chainmails for free but this doesn't allows you to build those armors until further research.

The issue here is that the item crusader_slave (or something) needs no further research topic to be build in your workshop/extractor.
The armor is 'unknown' to your brainers but your workers know how to produce it.

It's a bug and later you'll be able to read through the article.
If you're impatient, start a Quick Battle, Press U in battlespace and just check the bootypedia for crusader-armor.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: May 08, 2017, 10:04:50 am »
So, bug with not turning tank turrets was mentioned before?

Looks odd isn't it?
Those HWP's have quite the reactions to shot back without 'visually' turning the turret. Saving grace, the more vurnable flank is still at the same position.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 08, 2017, 09:00:00 pm »
In the Piratez_lang.rul the first sentence reads:
"Indeed, we now have some understanding of how nuclear fision - that is, splitting of atoms - works."
However, the hyphen is not displayed correctly and it should be "fission" not "fision".

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 08, 2017, 10:41:49 pm »
Looks odd isn't it?
Those HWP's have quite the reactions to shot back without 'visually' turning the turret. Saving grace, the more vurnable flank is still at the same position.
Yes, odd. And i think only enemy tanks...

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 09, 2017, 09:26:10 am »
I can't check the techtree right now but I suggest there is an issue with the manufacturing rules.

It's only logical that you can't build crusaders if you can't build chainmails for your gals.
Did you picked red codex? You get 2 chainmails for free but this doesn't allows you to build those armors until further research.

The issue here is that the item crusader_slave (or something) needs no further research topic to be build in your workshop/extractor.
The armor is 'unknown' to your brainers but your workers know how to produce it.

It's a bug and later you'll be able to read through the article.
If you're impatient, start a Quick Battle, Press U in battlespace and just check the bootypedia for crusader-armor.

I use gray codex. I guess is a bug them. Checked the article using debuging. Maybe I can find in rules how the armor is displayed, but rigth now I barely have time for some play :P.

Anyways, thanks!.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 09, 2017, 09:28:20 am »
After installing new version i got all my integrated devices transformed into sectoid corpses. And manufacturing stopped...

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 09, 2017, 09:30:16 am »
After installing new version i got all my integrated devices transformed into sectoid corpses. And manufacturing stopped...

save update to 0.99G:
- Replace all STR_SECTOID_CORPSE with STR_ACADEMY_CORPSE

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 09, 2017, 02:57:43 pm »

Oh, my bad. Sorry.

About underwater movement sound: using "movesound" number "212" causes CTD. In fact, any number more than "54" causes crash.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 10, 2017, 09:14:38 am »
I can confirm that the new soundfile causes a crash.

However, it only plays for 'armors' that use bare feet to walk underwater.

Annihilator, Thief/Sea, Spacesuit and some others doesn't use the new soundfile. Treasure hunting underneath the surface is still possible to a certain degree.
Using the chiller suit sadly causes a crash too.

Another thing I encountered:
Feature or not, I used a battle-laser and a neural whip in certain situations where the enemy is pointblank to the adjusted tile.

In the HUD appears "Close Quarter Check Failed" or something and my hand misses the shot or spins left/right and shots the ground.
Is this a new feature not mentioned in the patch-notes?

I can work with that tho but it's quite confusing to go for an 1-tile autoshot and losing TU's for failing a former 100% hit.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 10, 2017, 02:55:04 pm »
It's a feature in the patch notes, Close Quarters Combat. See here for a more in-depth explanation.  There's also an article to be unlocked in the bootypedia about it.