aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1467988 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1785 on: August 08, 2017, 05:29:29 pm »
Any way to just make non allies not take the negatives for that one?

No.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: August 08, 2017, 10:40:05 pm »
Any way to just make non allies not take the negatives for that one?  I mean, the ultra medkit overdose strat is cool, but it requires a bit of trust between the assassin and the assassinated

We can't have it because it's an exploit to surpass the ViP armor rating without running a risk to accidently kill them while attempting to stun them.
Also the force-feeding doesn't trigger retaliation via reactionshots.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: August 09, 2017, 12:01:47 am »
That's what I meant.  It's funny, but not something you should be able to do to an active enemy.  You could do that sort of thing in Fallout, but I don't think you could ever do it to something actively trying to kill you.  Assassination only.

So if it's not possible to just turn off the negative for enemies, as Dioxine has stated, what we have is an acceptable alternative.  Heh, forcing moonshine down someone's throat might get a violent reaction, black eyes, broken noses, easy enough to justify some stun damage to the person doing the feeding.

Offline Paidoss

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: August 11, 2017, 05:08:22 am »
There seems to be an issue with the Shadowbat map. I took 9 Gals, but only 7 were actually deployed in battle. When i assaulted a base however, everything worked fine. Maybe something went wrong when the map was changed in the last update?

Loving the mod so far!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1789 on: August 11, 2017, 05:52:04 am »
Thanks! Something indeed went wrong, will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: August 13, 2017, 12:58:07 am »
Live capture of armored car -> ctd.

The entry in the priratez_factions.rul is missing!

Code: [Select]
Items:
  - type: STR_ARMORED_CAR_TERRORIST
    size: 4.0
    recover: true
    liveAlien: true
    prisonType: 2
    costSell: 80000

Or use this as a temp fix.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:50:01 pm by Zharkov »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: August 13, 2017, 02:44:09 pm »
Would be neat to make the 'captured' car your own aux-unit if you can successfully pull that trick.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: August 13, 2017, 05:36:17 pm »
Maybe it'll fix itself when the ability to make your own armored cars is finally implemented.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: August 13, 2017, 09:25:53 pm »
Maybe it'll fix itself when the ability to make your own armored cars is finally implemented.

Maybe it's too abusive as a bulletsponge to be worth implemented. With the knowledge to get a 'tank' early on would create a new 'rush armored tank' strategy asap.
With the airbus able to field 1x hwp you can field 1 car and 2 gals. The car just bumrushes the pistol-wielding civilians and anything short of a light cannon or lasergun.
The difficulty of the game would drop drastically.

Offline stvip

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: August 14, 2017, 03:50:11 am »
For an Ethereal, you sure do lack faith.
It would be easy to gate the technology around the availability of similarly armored trappings (Plate and Revenant).  Moreover, even if it did offer significantly enhanced protection over those, the loss of four gals' stat gains (and it seems commendations might have mechanistic relevance in future updates as well) is a hefty price;  too heavy to consider for regular use on a 6-troop transporter.

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: August 14, 2017, 06:09:37 pm »
The Magical Girl research topic doesn't remove the prisoner after research.  I was able to research all the topics from researching the same captive over and over.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: August 14, 2017, 06:14:29 pm »
The Magical Girl research topic doesn't remove the prisoner after research.  I was able to research all the topics from researching the same captive over and over.

That is intended.  'Researching' the magical girl is just having a friendly chat, so why shouldn't you be able to talk to her again?

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: August 14, 2017, 07:28:35 pm »
Most other prisoners are let go after their 'friendly chat' so I figured she would be the same.  I guess she's OK with hanging around and chatting until she gets 'transformed' into cake.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: August 14, 2017, 08:55:40 pm »
Considering the bio and origin of the magical girl, the true form is the 'gem' and not the girl itself.
Since the interogation is killing the physical husk of the girl and not the gem, the captive can re-interogated until all research topics are done or 'baking cake' happened.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: August 14, 2017, 08:57:58 pm »
Considering the bio and origin of the magical girl, the true form is the 'gem' and not the girl itself.
Since the interogation is killing the physical husk of the girl and not the gem, the captive can re-interogated until all research topics are done or 'baking cake' happened.

It's mentioned in the article that the magical girls are not treated so much as prisoners, the fact that they take up prison space is just a way of representing that they're a living being and not just an item, but also not the same as one of your hands.  They hang around the base, and you can chose to spend some research time talking to them.