aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1461006 times)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1665 on: May 22, 2017, 09:43:27 pm »
There is an unnecessary apostrophe.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: May 22, 2017, 09:47:47 pm »
1. one more "f", pls
2. overtly makes total sense, but overly might be better

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: May 22, 2017, 09:57:29 pm »
Someone pay that man for proof-reading.

Offline perekrylo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: May 25, 2017, 01:07:46 pm »
On hotkeys pedia entry, clear inventory & ship inventory is backsapce / ctrl+alt+bckspace but its default is x/ctrl+alt+x so it would seem (for a dummy like me) that they wont work. I believe it would be better if it says x instead :>

Offline sofist_ps

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: May 26, 2017, 11:29:33 pm »
When you rob megapol apeman, you got bandages and synth mesh. There is no grav unit. Is it intended? How are they fly?

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: May 28, 2017, 09:24:16 am »
The attached save get endless "hidden movement" the end of this turn.

Offline sofist_ps

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 28, 2017, 10:08:12 am »
There are "small craft" and "large craft" entries  in "gauss weapon disassembly", but there is none craft gauss weapon that I can disassembly (i.e. "gauss cannon").
There are "small craft" and "large craft" entries  in "plasma weapon disassembly", but there is none craft plasma weapon that I can disassembly (i.e. "plasma spitter").
I am need 4 grav units to produce "jugulator syn armour", but it is can't fly.  Why? Is it intended?
"Fusion ball" article in the bootypedia says that it is in a heavy weapon category, but it is missile weapon.
"Ghost" (armour suit) article in the bootypedia says that it is spaceworthy, but it isn't.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 28, 2017, 01:40:48 pm »
The attached save get endless "hidden movement" the end of this turn.

Code issue, reported to Yankes: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.msg83582.html#msg83582

I mentioned a potential fix in there, but I don't know if it is correct... so I'd wait for what Yankes says.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: May 28, 2017, 08:38:55 pm »
There are "small craft" and "large craft" entries  in "gauss weapon disassembly", but there is none craft gauss weapon that I can disassembly (i.e. "gauss cannon").
There are "small craft" and "large craft" entries  in "plasma weapon disassembly", but there is none craft plasma weapon that I can disassembly (i.e. "plasma spitter").
I am need 4 grav units to produce "jugulator syn armour", but it is can't fly.  Why? Is it intended?
"Fusion ball" article in the bootypedia says that it is in a heavy weapon category, but it is missile weapon.
"Ghost" (armour suit) article in the bootypedia says that it is spaceworthy, but it isn't.

I imagine the craft entries are for future/unfinished content.

Fusion ball was recently changed i believe, guess the article didn't get changed as well.

The "spaceworthy" mentioned on the ghost is different from "zero-gee".  Spaceworthy refers to the first stage of the cydonia mission at the end of the game. Zero-gee are the rest of the space missions.

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 29, 2017, 02:29:09 pm »
Code issue, reported to Yankes: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.msg83582.html#msg83582

I mentioned a potential fix in there, but I don't know if it is correct... so I'd wait for what Yankes says.
Thanks for looking into it. What you said in the other thread sounds reasonable. ie. it sounds like someone needs to clarify what that function is actually meant to do before the bug is fixed - because currently that function is weird.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: June 01, 2017, 07:16:51 pm »
Despite psi-capture act by default, I wasn't able to psi-capture  those werewolve savages using the master's cane.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: June 02, 2017, 03:09:49 pm »
So, bug with not turning tank turrets was mentioned before?

Can you elaborate pls?

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: June 02, 2017, 07:07:18 pm »
When you rob megapol apeman, you got bandages and synth mesh. There is no grav unit. Is it intended? How are they fly?

Offline desert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: June 04, 2017, 03:16:07 pm »
Drakkar crew bug.

Drakkar dropship is meant to hold 12 hands, but the last 2 crew in the order are unavailable for ground missions. When going into a ground mission, the equip screen does not include the last two hands. During the mission, those two hands are inaccessible/unavailable. After the mission, the stats menu does not include the two hands. Once on the geoscape however, the vessel correctly shows 12 crew.

The problem is this, from the primary ruleset:

Code: [Select]
   deployment:
      - [4, 9, 1, 0]
      - [5, 9, 1, 0]
      - [4, 10, 1, 0]
      - [5, 10, 1, 0]
      - [4, 11, 1, 0]
      - [5, 11, 1, 0]
      - [4, 12, 1, 0]
      - [5, 12, 1, 0]
      - [4, 13, 1, 0]
      - [5, 13, 1, 0]
      - [4, 17, 1, 4]
      - [5, 17, 1, 4]

Namely, the final two slots. They seem to be meant to place the final two crew at the pilots seats, but because of the final value (4 rather than 0) or because the seats cannot be traversed by character movement, the game apparently prevents the hands from spawning at all. One way to resolve the bug would be to change the values of those two slots to be directly behind the penultimate pair, i.e. to

- [4, 14, 1, 0]
      - [5, 14, 1, 0]

Version 0.99G1 attempts to address this issue by changing the slots to

- [4, 16, 1, 4]
      - [5, 16, 1, 4]

but this doesn't work in enabling the two hands for combat for whatever reason.

Oddly I can't find any earlier reports on this issue. After all, unless you use the maximum crew capacity the Drakkar may tend to be less reliable than the Deliverator.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: June 04, 2017, 04:37:26 pm »
As you likely get the synth muscle from the megapol pigs, this fluff is out of date.