aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434373 times)

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #435 on: April 28, 2016, 02:07:57 am »
Hum, that fix doesn't work for me. Now the tank brings only a single shot to missions...

With clipSize: 0 capacity is correct, but now after a mission the game spawns an extra 60 rounds from thin air... 184 rounds before loading the tank into a transport, 124 rounds after that, and after returning back to base stores show 184 again with the tank still inside the transport. Pulling the tank out adds an extra 60 rounds to a total of 244.

???

Hmm - There was a bug reported last year that caused similar problems - #1029

Think they are conected? :-\

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 28, 2016, 03:26:07 am »
It was a bug in oxc that went unnoticed for quite some time.

To fix it you would need commit f7d2c8e from 2016-03-10. Which i guess is not yet merged into OXCE++

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 28, 2016, 12:02:33 pm »
It was a bug in oxc that went unnoticed for quite some time.
To fix it you would need commit f7d2c8e from 2016-03-10. Which i guess is not yet merged into OXCE++

I have cherry-picked the fix by Warboy, but I didn't test it, because I don't have any such HWP yet.
Can someone please test it?

v2016-04-28
  + Fix "can't engage airborne" bug by SupSuper
  + Fix "tank ammo" by Warboy
  + Added configurable hotkeys for Aim/Snap/Auto/Hit/Throw/etc., more info: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4520.msg63599.html#msg63599
  + Items with zero or less weight don't show weight in ufopedia
  + Right-click on item in hand (in battlescape) brings up related ufopedia entry
  + Middle-click on item in inventory (in inventory screen) brings up related ufopedia entry

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-YUVFGbTBKSVgzWUE

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #438 on: April 28, 2016, 12:25:43 pm »
I can tell straight away that something is a bit off: your post-battle loot sell routine asks me to sell my tanks and 1 round of ammo per each :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 28, 2016, 01:05:15 pm »
I can tell straight away that something is a bit off: your post-battle loot sell routine asks me to sell my tanks and 1 round of ammo per each :)

Save and ruleset change please... I'll test it in the evening.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #440 on: April 28, 2016, 01:13:40 pm »
No change, tested by QB (which can be wonky). Load any tank, abort mission.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 29, 2016, 12:37:08 am »
Correct ruleset looks like this:

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_TANK_LASER_CANNON
    compatibleAmmo:
      - STR_HWP_LASER_CANNON_BATTS
    clipSize: 0
  - type: STR_HWP_LASER_CANNON_BATTS
    clipSize: 60

All the bugfixes people so generously linked are for something else :) ... I will revert also the change I did in the last EXE.

PS: @Dioxine: Quick battle and loot UI is probably doing random stuff, as there is no base to compare what was before and after... I'll probably remove loot from QB later
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:39:12 am by Meridian »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 29, 2016, 08:22:04 am »
Meridian - The issue I mentioned (Bug report #1029 - Gauss Cecolanth starts Terror Mission with only ONE round ) is from 2015-08-17 (not sure of the commit#) not as mentioned by R1d0 from 2016-03-10, I think that's for Bug report #1187 - Interceptor flying wrong way with "Predict UFO trajectory" option enabled

Edit - I thought Yankes had already included this in OXCE+ as 2.9 uses the Nightly 2015-11-05, Right?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:30:38 am by Roxis231 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #443 on: April 29, 2016, 11:36:52 am »
With clipSize: 0 capacity is correct, but now after a mission the game spawns an extra 60 rounds from thin air... 184 rounds before loading the tank into a transport, 124 rounds after that, and after returning back to base stores show 184 again with the tank still inside the transport. Pulling the tank out adds an extra 60 rounds to a total of 244.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 29, 2016, 11:51:57 am »
Not sure if ivandogovich is around here lately, I posted a bug report about the thief armor corpse in his alt-corpse-mod thread, but no answer.

But as it has been adopted officially, I will repeat it here:
The thief armor corpse (dead) also has the strange graphic bug the (now fixed) other buggy files had. IIRC it has to do with a wrong conversion.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 29, 2016, 11:53:48 am »

Doesn't happen to me.
Probably you have changed the clipSize during the mission, which could lead to this.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #446 on: April 29, 2016, 11:57:40 am »
So all is fixed now, then.

Offline Hazard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 29, 2016, 02:47:09 pm »
Hum, after changing the clipSize I always loaded a geoscape save and proceeded on a mission from there, but... I'm not seeing this "bug" anymore either, so yeah. Perhaps that's what too much Bacardi Finely Distilled Rum does to you. :P

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #448 on: April 29, 2016, 02:54:01 pm »
Not sure if ivandogovich is around here lately, I posted a bug report about the thief armor corpse in his alt-corpse-mod thread, but no answer.

But as it has been adopted officially, I will repeat it here:
The thief armor corpse (dead) also has the strange graphic bug the (now fixed) other buggy files had. IIRC it has to do with a wrong conversion.

Heh.  Sorry, I haven't responded to that.  I'm having such a difficult time getting the process just right for the unit graphics to convert that I didn't jump on it right away. 
Looking at the patch, I can see now that I didn't get the Theif(Dead) corpse in it (Maybe I just missed it).  Do you have a save that you can test it with?
I'm attaching the graphic I have (from my previous re-working).  Just place it in the Mod \resources\corpses  folder.

Offline Mattdo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 29, 2016, 03:57:44 pm »
Not sure if this is a bug or a coincidence, but I have hyperwave monitoring of most of the planet, and whenever I pick up a 'Sway Local Government' mission, 90% of the time, they're heading to Death Realms, (which I already lost months ago - which means, as far as I can tell, I can safely ignore it). I imagine the game would be a lot more difficult if I actually had to shoot down all those vessels...