Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433668 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2016, 05:48:31 pm »
Why milk runs? Both materials are buyable.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2016, 06:03:26 pm »
Technically not my code... the problem is in the manufacturing profitability calculation.
It cannot handle a situation when a craft (STR_AVENGER) and an item (STR_FUEL_CAPSULE) are produced at the same time... which I can fully understand, because it makes totally no sense.

I fixed this particular situation (when producing a craft produces also items by accident)...
...it will still fail in situation when producing an item produces also a craft by accident :-) I hope you don't have such things in the ruleset.

I still recommend splitting the manufacturing into two, one for avenger, one for fuel capsules.

PS: wtf are the pre-requisites?? 2500 alloys, 2500 elerium (that's 100 landed missions!!!!), and a lot of other stuff... when the time comes, I will just cheat it in... no way I am playing milk-runs for 6+ real-life months just to get that stuff and bore my viewers to death.

The problem is the storage space for that material. You will need to make a base with a lot of storage to manufacture the conqueror.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2016, 06:12:42 pm »
To be precise, the main problem is having enough cash. Most materials you need can be manufactured at that point (except Elerium, mostly), or are in abundance. $100 Million or so required to do it should be easily within your capabilities by the end game. The second problem: you need a custom-build base for that project, but that's intended. After all, you have 8 base slots :)
The fuel capsule trick is there so you can't cheat and force-launch Mars mission with 1 Elerium in your fuel tank.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 06:17:18 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Quanti

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2016, 05:06:35 pm »
When I got to that point my funds were pretty much inexhaustable. I needed to scrap the industrial printer in my manufacturing base to make way for another large stores, but it's pretty much the end of the game anyway so remodeling a base around building this ship won't really harm you. Plus only a few ship assaults to get some of the unbuyable stuff I didn't have in advance. Doesn't take long to do really and I like the goal it sets as preparation for your final assault after months of relatively aimless fluffing around trying to get the last parts of the research tree.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2016, 05:54:31 pm »
I think there's a word missing after 'could' in entry #86

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2016, 06:29:51 pm »
A man once said Mun Tzu wrong, so Mun Tzu axed him a question.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2016, 06:31:54 pm »
A man once said Mun Tzu wrong, so Mun Tzu axed him a question.

The hours that I spent on Google trying to make any sense or connection from that entry....  >.<

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2016, 06:40:25 pm »
No use in searching the world for wisdom which is right in the front of you :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2016, 05:43:10 pm »
Some more 'pedia text observations/recommendations:

Spoiler:
Line 2798:     STR_NEWSPAPER_001_UFOPEDIA: "There is an ancient saying: beware the Greeks when they're bearing gifts. No Greeks have been observed, but, in fact, there's a strange new cult on the planet, ones that are called 'Giftmasters'. They are extremely secretive, and they randomly present citizens with gifts of very high technology, never to be seen again. These 'Giftmasters' are considered highly dangerous and are being pursuited by elite detectives of the Guild, as well as the Church of Sirius, but will they be able to answer the most nagging questions - who are these 'masters' and of what? And are their gifts really gifts or something else, much more ominous? The world has to know. For now, all citizens are to refuse any technologically advanced gift from a stranger and to immediately report such incidents to the authorities."

Should be:
"… and are being pursued…." (sp)
"… and must immediately.."  (sounds better)

Line 2511:       STR_PSI_ILLUSION_UFOPEDIA: "The Academy mages - and the Star Gods themselves - wield magical force that manipulates information. It can be used to play tricks, alter minds, become invisible etc. - let your imagination run wild! To actually master their most fabled power, the power to control one's mind, we need to better know our physiology, and interrogate an Academy Provost."
Should be:
"invisible, etc., " (punctuation)

Line 2631:        STR_RUSSIAN_FILES_UFOPEDIA: "Pursuing the directions given by a Trader leader we've embarked upon an adventure in Russia. In an underground bunker built centuries ago, audio logs revealed a forgotten story. It seems that when the Earth was invaded by the Stellar Empire, most of the planet surrendered after a few years of struggle, but one country - Russia - fought on for a couple of decades (curiously, nowadays the area is a cornerstone of the Mutant Alliance) and became the last refuge of the so-called X-COM project, a clandestine organisation created back then to pit the best and the brightest against the outworldly invasion. We've found some technical expertise developed by X-COM, chiefly that of nuclear-powered laser weapons that had practically unlimited energy supply. However, to make heads and tails of these data we need to expand our knowledge base in the areas of nuclear weaponry and power sources. We must also examine contemporary Laser and Gauss weapons before attempting to develop laser guns based on X-COM expertise."
Should be:
"this data, " (word usage)
Also, I would change "outworldy invasion" to "extra-terrestrial invasion" (awkward word usage)
Further suggestion: "…to pit Earth's best and brightest…" (word usage)

Line 2888:       STR_PINUP_107_UFOPEDIA: "Our mutant bodies are able to quickly regenerate any form of non-lethal injury, so we can be smooth and ready for more adventure again, but it won't happen overnight. The healing might take anywhere from 0.5 to 1.5 times as many days as the amount of HPs an injured warrior was missing. So be a good sis and don't forget to heal as much as you can before ending a mission, since an early help can greatly reduce the duration of the painful recovery process."
Should be:
"early treatment" (word usage)

Line 2451:       STR_BIKINI_UFOPEDIA: "You need a great body not to be scared to take this outfit to the battlefield (effective Wt = 17), but its skimpy nature might prove distracting to the enemies. Melee Dodge %: REACTIONS*0.6. VooDoo Pwr Defence + BRAVERY*0.1. Energy Recovery +40%."
Should be:
"..body to be brave enough to take …." (better wording)

Offline vlad

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2016, 07:17:09 pm »
inventory part of the armor description is missing on runt armor type, looks more like its overlook rather than runt having 25/25 (which is only implied). booty missing any info of what INVENTORY stat actually means.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2016, 01:29:18 am »
If it's 25/25 (like with Runt), it's omitted, like any other stat that is equal to default. I have neither time nor space in the armor description to list everything. To see what "inventory" means, enter the equip screen, wonder a little, and do the magic in your head.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2016, 07:07:02 pm »
I upgraded from 0.97C to D, and continued playing the game i had started in C. Now my gals are 'equipped' with black boxes instead of the previous gear they used. I tried the reset loadout button, but this repeats after loading the game again. I don't know if some specific gear has been replaced with black boxes, or that the previous gear has just been moved to the bottom of the loadout screen. See attached for save

EDIT: I've attached some screenshots. Notice that the black boxes only occur for some of my gals, and how the boxes act like equipment after being 'ejected' via the clear-loadout button (bottom right on the last screenshot)   
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:18:33 am by Foxhound634 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2016, 02:49:18 pm »
You're not using the proper .exe version. Please follow the install instructions. You must use Meridian's executable, either the one supplied with the mod, or a more recent one.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2016, 04:31:13 am »
Ahh ok yeah, it's working now :)

I did notice that when choosing new research or manufacture projects, the text is green. After having selected the given entry it becomes white again. Is this a bug or feature?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:51:14 am by Foxhound634 »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2016, 05:20:43 am »
Ahh ok yeah, it's working now :)

I did notice that when choosing new research or manufacture projects, the text is green. After having selected the given entry it becomes white again. Is this a bug or feature?

Its a feature that Meridian incorporated into the .exe file.  Green shows unseen items.  Research, Bootypedia, and manufacturing, so you can see when new items unlock. :)