aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433806 times)

Online Kamivax

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4305 on: February 23, 2023, 05:55:47 pm »
the Space Freighter missions seem to consistently crash for me, so i'd taken to just ignoring them and making up for the penalty, but i would like to actually get to do them. It doesn't crash part way through the mission, it just crashes when i start the mission, which is really upsetting. i know i run mods not everyone might run, but they only seem to affect the start of the campaign and the piranha (so it's less terrible) so i doubt those mods cause the crashes
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 07:53:44 pm by Kamivax »

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4306 on: February 24, 2023, 11:30:13 am »
the Space Freighter missions seem to consistently crash for me, so i'd taken to just ignoring them and making up for the penalty, but i would like to actually get to do them. It doesn't crash part way through the mission, it just crashes when i start the mission, which is really upsetting. i know i run mods not everyone might run, but they only seem to affect the start of the campaign and the piranha (so it's less terrible) so i doubt those mods cause the crashes

Sent a Dragon to your space freighter site, it launched without issues.
I don't know how these extra mods work, so I can't say if they may be responsible. But it's either them or your installation is borked.

Online Kamivax

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: February 24, 2023, 09:53:35 pm »
Sent a Dragon to your space freighter site, it launched without issues.
I don't know how these extra mods work, so I can't say if they may be responsible. But it's either them or your installation is borked.
i tried with a new install and the mods disabled (after making sure things won't break) and it works now. it might have been the mods, but they've done their jobs so i can keep them disabled

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: February 28, 2023, 01:18:23 pm »
IN N4.0.2 there is an entry labelled STR_ maybe reference is missin', please check

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4309 on: February 28, 2023, 02:04:58 pm »
It's a dummy object needed for mapgen.

Offline Berggen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: March 18, 2023, 02:14:51 pm »
Apparently you can't go up these towers, at first I thought I broke the stairs in the shooting, but then I found a second one.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: March 18, 2023, 09:25:29 pm »
In armor select screen, you are able to select both HARBRINGER and HARBRINGER (EVA).
Originally, I was not sure if this was a bug or not, but recently I have discovered, that HARBRINGER (EVA) thus selected can not be brought to underwater missions.

I have discovered it during an Underwater Assets mission, but I suspect it happens in other underwater missions as well.

Offline Vahn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: March 19, 2023, 10:21:08 pm »
Saving a craft loadout while having a filtered option enabled deletes the saved loadout
only hapens with auxilia,treasure,components,documentation,artefact and not equipped filters

Offline ChilliBart

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: March 24, 2023, 11:20:15 am »
Hi

Firstly, wonderful mod. Thanks for the hard work. Currently playing version N4.0.2 and I think something is up with my rank score. For the first 3 months my score increased and I achieved rank: racketeer. Then in April score dipped due to low missions and since then I've achieved boss & crime lord but no achievement. This means I am blocked from getting access to Krazy Hanza, cloaking device etc. I understand that you can only rise by one rank a month but how can i rise above racketeer? Is there a file I can edit or do I need to restart.

Thanks in advance

Offline Dr1ven1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: March 25, 2023, 08:27:52 am »
Hi,

I have a problem with a plantation facility. I cannot remove the facility as it says that its in use. Nor can I build any other plantation over it due to the same problem. Is there anyway to remove the facility trough manipulating the game files/save?

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: March 25, 2023, 09:29:23 am »
Hi

Firstly, wonderful mod. Thanks for the hard work. Currently playing version N4.0.2 and I think something is up with my rank score. For the first 3 months my score increased and I achieved rank: racketeer. Then in April score dipped due to low missions and since then I've achieved boss & crime lord but no achievement. This means I am blocked from getting access to Krazy Hanza, cloaking device etc. I understand that you can only rise by one rank a month but how can i rise above racketeer? Is there a file I can edit or do I need to restart.

Thanks in advance

Not a bug, I think you need to research The Solar Courier you get from a pogrom to progress.

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: March 25, 2023, 09:19:19 pm »
Hi,

I have a problem with a plantation facility. I cannot remove the facility as it says that its in use. Nor can I build any other plantation over it due to the same problem. Is there anyway to remove the facility trough manipulating the game files/save?

Try to remove your apiary first :) (Or whatever else depends on plantation)

(While I understand the hack, being unable to grow seectoweed/boomfruit in that case breaks immersion...)

Offline Dr1ven1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: March 27, 2023, 08:48:01 am »

Try to remove your apiary first :) (Or whatever else depends on plantation)

(While I understand the hack, being unable to grow seectoweed/boomfruit in that case breaks immersion...)

That solved it. Thanks! :-D

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: April 09, 2023, 03:26:55 pm »
Saving a craft loadout while having a filtered option enabled deletes the saved loadout
only hapens with auxilia,treasure,components,documentation,artefact and not equipped filters

Game only saves what is visible and selected on the screen.
If nothing is visible or nothing is selected, it deletes the saved layout (or better said saves an empty layout).

There is nothing special about auxilia, treasure, etc. Try with parrots, silver bars, etc.
"Not equipped" by definition has nothing selected, so this will always delete the layout.

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: April 11, 2023, 07:15:50 am »
The Gnomedisc Lascannon is stored as the wrong item. It's stored as the 14mm version and so any built Lascannon versions can't actually be used.

If anyone wants to fix it for themselves:
Open Piratez.rul, search for - type: STR_GNOMEDISC_LASCANNON_ARMOR_UC to get to the correct entry, and replace storeItem: STR_GNOMEDISC_14MM_ARMOR with storeItem: STR_GNOMEDISC_LASCANNON_ARMOR