Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1466256 times)

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4335 on: April 23, 2023, 04:34:29 pm »
Might it be this again? And how do I fix this, I've downloaded N4.0.2 and that's what the log says is being loaded so I assume I installed it correctly but the previous issue I had where the game crashes at the end of the month due to it trying to do a mission in a non-existing region still occurs.

Did you remove your old version?  I ran into problems in the past by simply installing over the old one, which doesn't work.  You need to remove the old one (in the mods directory) but you don't need to remove the openxcom exe or anything if you have the latest one, just remove the xpiratez mod directory and put the new one in.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: April 23, 2023, 05:50:05 pm »
@Dioxine: Please remove the `loadResources: - UFO` entry from the metadata.yml file.

I had to add it for the vapor trails to start working. Is it no longer needed?

You have made me unsure now.

As far as I know only `resourceConfig: Ruleset/Piratez_Globals.rul` is needed for vapor trails.

But I will double-check and let you know.

I have checked the code and also done a few tests with piratez and I can't find any reason why `loadResources: - UFO` would be required (or even relevant).

I confirm my recommendation.

Offline Nictis

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: April 27, 2023, 02:20:41 am »
I'm unsure if it is intended or a mistake in the code, is the Revolution HQ supposed to change from a prison for humanoids to a beast den type prison when damaged? It is unclear why this would happen but the Pedia shows it going from prison type 1 to 2 and that's how it works in game if damaged.

Offline Claireity

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: May 01, 2023, 04:16:52 pm »
I feel a bit confused. Running a gray codex game and I think I might be softlocked due to research. I'm at the Boss rank but to get to the next one it tells me I need to interrogate a faction leader. Ok, but problem... I can't interrogate them. The option to do so is locked behind getting the Big Boss rank (which leads to Diplomacy research). And well, I can't get that rank without interrogating. See the problem? Now I'm sure there's some hidden thing I'm missing or it doesn't mean literally interrogate (which would make it misleading) but I'm a bit puzzled. Any advice? Or is this a bug after all?

Offline CPLT-K2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: May 01, 2023, 07:52:28 pm »
Fairly certain going from boss to big boss just means to have one researched from the "Any Leader or VIP" category.

Offline Claireity

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: May 01, 2023, 09:03:35 pm »
Oh? Seems to be taking forever though, no matter how well I do. I thought perhaps it was more literal. I'll try a couple more months and try to score high.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: May 13, 2023, 09:08:43 pm »
N4.0.2, on an "archeological dig" mission i renember i cannot exit fron the map - one with the zombies - because of missing stairs that lead to the green exit area, once i leave it. Sadly i don't have screenshots or saves, please may someone perform a double check? Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 02:30:40 am by ontherun »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: May 14, 2023, 11:57:44 am »
Not a bug, but an incosistency. The new manual promotion system (if on) makes the requirement of Princess od War to be of a Princess rank irrelevant.

Suggestion is to rework the pay increase into the condemnation itself, and just have the description "However, she considers herself a Princess and demands to be paid accordingly". This will allow her to be any rank, but still be a major hit to your finances.

Another solution would be for to these options set as fixed: Manual promotions on, disallow demotions(not sure if possible), disallow automatic promotions. So you can manually select who gets promoted in an RPG-ish way, but it's a permanent decision (barring any... "unforseen accidents" ;) )

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4343 on: May 14, 2023, 01:07:34 pm »
I'm unsure if it is intended or a mistake in the code, is the Revolution HQ supposed to change from a prison for humanoids to a beast den type prison when damaged?

A mistake, known bug, fixed, thanks

Not a bug, but an incosistency. The new manual promotion system (if on) makes the requirement of Princess od War to be of a Princess rank irrelevant.

Suggestion is to rework the pay increase into the condemnation itself, and just have the description "However, she considers herself a Princess and demands to be paid accordingly". This will allow her to be any rank, but still be a major hit to your finances.

Another solution would be for to these options set as fixed: Manual promotions on, disallow demotions(not sure if possible), disallow automatic promotions. So you can manually select who gets promoted in an RPG-ish way, but it's a permanent decision (barring any... "unforseen accidents" ;) )

I hope this manual promotion system can be disabled permanently in mod settings. It's not meant to be used in XPZ, I didn't ask for this option, and I don't like it a tiny bit.

EDIT: and I just did. It does not fit with my vision of XPZ; I don't want it to be a game with total and absolute control of player over their soldiers and other agents which have their own will (like govts).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 01:27:36 pm by Dioxine »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: May 17, 2023, 10:32:44 am »
0.99N4.0.2 should be "the guild" instead of "the academy"

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4345 on: May 17, 2023, 11:03:51 am »
0.99N4.0.2 should be "the guild" instead of "the academy"

No... Have you actually read the article?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: May 17, 2023, 11:10:33 am »
No... Have you actually read the article?

emh...sorry!! :-[

Edit: as for "plastasteel munitions" description says it can increase magazine caacity by one/fifth. While this happens for the assault rifles, (from 20 to 25) it occurs not for the battle rifle (still 20). Don't know whether other weapons are affected please check? Also when in battlescape battle rifle soes not automatically load magazine when in battle, please check this as well.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 11:25:19 am by ontherun »

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: May 22, 2023, 10:15:34 pm »
I was wondering why the ninjas were so weak and puny in my current run, while they were a pain in the ass in my others run.
I mean, i've unlocked assault armor and hovertank, yet no serious ninja threat and I can't start a war with them.

Turn out, I killed them so hard on the geoscape that I had no chance to do the "Attack on Govt" mission (You need to let the ennemy craft do it mission).
So I couldn't get the "Officers defended from ninjas" topic, which is needed for the "Ready for Ninja War" event (it unlock the *Pirates vs. Ninjas* research, which prevented hard ninja missions - or the ninja base - from spawning.

PS : I upgraded in the middle of the save, so maybe it played a role.

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: May 26, 2023, 02:14:10 pm »
Another one:

I've managed to get a CLAW, with the Jasana cannon. But that cannon did not reload, even after 3 days.
Then, I disabled / reactivated the cannon (by chance) and only after that it started to reload ...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4349 on: June 05, 2023, 06:36:36 pm »
It's normal for built in craft weapons of all kind. Please direct this report to OXCE team.