aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433748 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4350 on: June 06, 2023, 02:39:33 pm »
0.99N4.0.2, the arrival spot should not supposed to be as in attached picture?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4351 on: June 06, 2023, 02:53:39 pm »
0.99N4.0.2, the arrival spot should not supposed to be as in attached picture?

Read the goddamn briefing.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: June 06, 2023, 03:10:51 pm »
Read the goddamn briefing.

oh yes but i thought that green spot should be linked via a green corridor to the edge of the map, or at least supposed to be place more near the edges. ok, whatever!!

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: June 11, 2023, 05:12:44 pm »
I don't think "Sun Martial Rituals (Preq)" is supposed to have a research time.

The other pre-requisite summing researches do not, while this one has two dashes worth of research time. Looking into the files, I see that it's "cost: 10".

Offline justtresspassing

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: June 11, 2023, 09:25:17 pm »
Hi!

I've upgraded to latest version, and it has disabled my option to go Mars. Some new research is required? I had not built Conqeror yet, but had martian lander built and Cydonia unlocked.

Second thing - please change skin color of star god operator, i've lost a year ingame because it is the same sprite as a novice. I've realized my mistake during final mission on Mars...

Third - I've missed whole ninja war thing after it is has started - somebody has posted this bug on the forum before I believe. Probably because of shooting down everything what appeared on the radar.

Fourth - please change colour of exit elevator in Mars missions, or put explicitly in mission briefs that it is GOLD. I've lost three days running around hangar level looking for an exit. There is blocked shaft under the ship and unused lift, which is very confusing.

And my thoughts about finale: After almost 5 months of playing, I've got the very last level - sacred cavern on 3 dif. level. Amount of save scum was beyond believe, but it was rather stupid idea playing this mod the first time on medium :) I've cleared all aliens outside and manage to kill KOSCHEY boss (it is called  KoĊ›ciej in polish by the way) but his ability to spam attacks without LoS was terrible and stupid. Generally usage PSIonics without LoS was always an awful thing for me in the base game, i always turn it off in adv. options of openxcom. Generally it was somewhat playable until to this very moment. But beacuse of final levels design - they are one after another without any way to resupply or recover, I couldnt replenish stats of my guys and thay started to fall unconscious. Finally I gave up and edit savegame just to complete this whole thing :/ You could loot some stuff in previous levels, but on this difficulty level half of my team went crazy when looking for anything useful beacuse of governor aura. There should be some things added between this levels to the team inventory - maybe as found during travelling between maps. Or maybe a possibility to change team members - maybe as a suprise for player like second team of additional troops. Probable the only way was to tu run through levels as fast as possible, but where is fun in that...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 09:38:50 pm by justtresspassing »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4355 on: June 12, 2023, 04:45:05 am »
As for conqueror getting locked up, no Mars option on lander - I don't know, would need a save.

As for the final level design, well, I don't know what to do with it. The author put 3 years of his work to improve my near-vanilla Cydonia and... there are serious difficulty issues. I still made it easier compared to original. But I don't want to just ditch it or change it in significant ways. Apparently though the author's plan for player to journey slowly through these levels does not agree with their design.

There are people who completed it, but the overwhelming opinion is 'too hard'. My long term plan of solving it is to stick to plan for alternative endings, but, yes, it will take a lot of time.

No enemy in game should be able to break through highest VDEF available to player (I mean mind control, panic or damage is fine), on that I agree. But if you straight say you don't want no-LoS psionics at all, I won't ever be able to satisfy your wishes.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: June 12, 2023, 10:52:52 am »
Can you, please, change 2-nd level briefing text to something more informational and less misleading? Right now it looks like this:
The tunnels discovered under the pyramid lead to the residence of the Solar Governor. The emergency evacuation system has been disabled and now he is locked up in his bunker like a spider in a jar! But it's better to hurry up before it gets fixed, otherwise it was all in vain. You are pretty sure there are several ways to get inside... Is it the voice of intuition or someone else's? Some of your crew will assault the main entrance, while others gonna check if there is any way to get into the technical corridors. YARRR, Cap'n! Victory or death!
First of all, there is no info about the fact, that you troops are being chased by many-many angry mercenaries which will result in turn 1 reinforcement directly on top of your spawning spot!
Second, even more important, text is very misleading. Normally, if a mission has several levels, briefing says that you need an access lift. No indication that this is not a final level and the fact that Solar Governor tried to evacuate leads to logical conclusion that he is inside that big ship. Spoiler alert, he is not! After your troops miraculously break their way in the ship and not found the brain, you notice a room inside the ship surrounded with tiles that instantly kills (and you cannot fly over them). After few sacrifices to science you realized that red shields prevents being killed (also explosions can destroy those tiles). You approach the door, but it refuses to open! It is good thing that you brought an axe with you, don't you? You cut through that door and... nothing inside! Well, this room definitely looks like an entrance for a brain, but, as briefing said, evacuation system has been disabled, so brain is probably sitting below, there is another hidden room you just realized! You make your way through tunnels, then you realize that this hidden room has no entrances at all and is surrounded by very strong walls. Good thing that you brought BFG with you, don't you? (Not actually tried BFG, I gave up far earlier and used Ctrl+D.) You crack that room open and... only 4 turrets awaits you! No brain. Then, if you are very lucky and smart, you disable night vision, that was turned on most of the time (there are lot of dark places in this level), and finally notice an access lift tiles...

Is all of this intended? Is it intended to trick players to believe that Solar Governor is inside that ship? I am very concerned that someone completed this mission fair and square (without reloading and without knowing anything in advance, including hidden loot with sanity replenishment)!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 11:01:17 am by Vakrug »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: June 12, 2023, 12:10:20 pm »
Can you, please, change 2-nd level briefing text to something more informational and less misleading? Right now it looks like this:First of all, there is no info about the fact, that you troops are being chased by many-many angry mercenaries which will result in turn 1 reinforcement directly on top of your spawning spot!
Second, even more important, text is very misleading. Normally, if a mission has several levels, briefing says that you need an access lift. No indication that this is not a final level and the fact that Solar Governor tried to evacuate leads to logical conclusion that he is inside that big ship. Spoiler alert, he is not! After your troops miraculously break their way in the ship and not found the brain, you notice a room inside the ship surrounded with tiles that instantly kills (and you cannot fly over them). After few sacrifices to science you realized that red shields prevents being killed (also explosions can destroy those tiles). You approach the door, but it refuses to open! It is good thing that you brought an axe with you, don't you? You cut through that door and... nothing inside! Well, this room definitely looks like an entrance for a brain, but, as briefing said, evacuation system has been disabled, so brain is probably sitting below, there is another hidden room you just realized! You make your way through tunnels, then you realize that this hidden room has no entrances at all and is surrounded by very strong walls. Good thing that you brought BFG with you, don't you? (Not actually tried BFG, I gave up far earlier and used Ctrl+D.) You crack that room open and... only 4 turrets awaits you! No brain. Then, if you are very lucky and smart, you disable night vision, that was turned on most of the time (there are lot of dark places in this level), and finally notice an access lift tiles...

Is all of this intended? Is it intended to trick players to believe that Solar Governor is inside that ship? I am very concerned that someone completed this mission fair and square (without reloading and without knowing anything in advance, including hidden loot with sanity replenishment)!

to be honest, the text you are complaining about - sounds very good to me.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4358 on: June 13, 2023, 02:30:36 pm »
I see no mention of any ship in this briefing, but I did add something about reinforcements.

Offline justtresspassing

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: June 15, 2023, 10:39:06 pm »
Anyway, big thanks for making and maintaing this awesome mod! I had not this much much fun playing a game for quite a long time! Most of my complains about diff. curve at final levels come directly because of playing on Blackbeard. Probably on J.Silver this would be OK with some knowledge what to expect. But I don't mind a challenge, the best parts for me were raids on enemy bases made with bunch of catgirls in blitz armors. My best catgirl had 200TUs in Blitz and 175 in Termicator Armor. Rushing at and killing sectopods single-handed was very satisfying. My most used weapon in the end stats was an Electro Sword :]

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4360 on: June 16, 2023, 02:14:53 pm »
My most used weapon in the end stats was an Electro Sword :]

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: July 05, 2023, 12:23:44 pm »
Really like the random hidden movement screens introduced in 099N5.2.0, but sadly it doesn't seems to work in some misison eg in humanists villa i did not see, also sometimes in other misison cannot remember more, sorry. Moreover th "long knife" weapon seems to be upside down in the bootypedia menu, see screenshot attached

Offline Denadan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: July 07, 2023, 04:30:06 am »
crash on attack alien base.

vN5.2.0
to reproduce - attack alien base-6 in europe(just north from europe base)

Offline Semaforus

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: July 08, 2023, 02:04:43 pm »
crash
vN5.2.0
to reproduce - wait a few minutes

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: July 15, 2023, 07:04:45 pm »
I have no idea if this is a bug or some recent change. I'm in second year January and i did not have a single Academy ambulance appear. No base raid, nothing to shoot down, so being one year in to campaign I still do not have "hideout search orders". Do I really just have a bad luck, or is there condition i have to meet?