Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1467232 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4320 on: April 12, 2023, 01:54:58 pm »
N4.0.2 church boot champ misison, a plant is blocking dutchman exit door

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4321 on: April 12, 2023, 09:36:33 pm »
N4.0.2 church boot champ misison, a plant is blocking dutchman exit door

Not a bug, it's a normal thing in the wilderness.
Use a chainsaw or some other tool to cut vegetation.

Offline Blazen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: April 15, 2023, 12:25:29 pm »
My game crashes when a new month ticks over.
In the attached save just run it for a couple of in game hours till the month ticks over.

I've fixed it for myself by turning on save scumming, so the random number seed is changed when I reload, presumably it hasn't fixed the problem though it just isn't trying to spawn that mission any more.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 12:31:16 pm by Blazen »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4323 on: April 15, 2023, 12:54:34 pm »
In the attached save just run it for a couple of in game hours till the month ticks over.

I've fixed it for myself by turning on save scumming, so the random number seed is changed when I reload, presumably it hasn't fixed the problem though it just isn't trying to spawn that mission any more.

I don't know what happened, but there is no such region as REGION_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE. However, there is a region called REGION_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE_2. Maybe try to edit your save file and replace REGION_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE to REGION_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE_2?

Offline RonEverson

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: April 15, 2023, 03:58:15 pm »
Hi There,
im new to the forum so please pardon me if this has already been brought up  - there is so much to read here that I am not sure as to yes or no.

There seems to be a conflict in base buildings.

BEE HIVE - requires PLANTATION - Only Plantation.
Does NOT work with Weed Plant or BoomFuit plant.
It blocks 1 Plantation/Requires 1 Plantation not allowing to 'grow' on it.
(If you try to upgrade the basic plntation, it states FACILITY IN USE.)

Could it be changed in its building log source to work also with upgraded Plnatation please?

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: April 15, 2023, 08:07:25 pm »
well, you have to decide between money (weed), fun (boom) and security (bees). can't have all three ;′)

Offline RonEverson

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: April 15, 2023, 10:11:24 pm »
well, you have to decide between money (weed), fun (boom) and security (bees). can't have all three ;′)

Well yes, maybe, but it to some extent kinda disrupts the 'feel' of building usefullness/linking/dependancies.
It would be nice if it would be inter-locked as a working dependancy for all 3 variations of plantations.

Offline Blazen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: April 17, 2023, 12:34:32 pm »
I don't know what happened, but there is no such region as REGION_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE. However, there is a region called REGION_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE_2. Maybe try to edit your save file and replace REGION_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE to REGION_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE_2?

So i went into my save file and it had both REGION_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE and REGION_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE_2. I changed the former to be the same as the latter so I had 2 of them but I don't know if that helped or not as I overwrote that save with a later save in the same play through and that got rid of the duplication.

I suspect it wouldn't have however as the game still crashes at the end of the month for the same reason despite the save now having only REGION_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE_2 in the save file.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4328 on: April 17, 2023, 01:57:24 pm »

Likely version upgrade problem. No mission in the last build requires this non-existing region.

Could it be changed in its building log source to work also with upgraded Plnatation please?

No, bees cannot survive on weed or boomfruit.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: April 22, 2023, 03:23:59 pm »
Code: [Select]
name: "X-Piratez"
version: "v.N4.0.2 OXCE 7.8"
description: "The year is 2601. You run a gang of mutant pirates. Rob aliens and their human proxies for fun, profit and power."
author: "Dioxine"
id: piratez
reservedSpace: 6
isMaster: true
master: xcom1
resourceConfig: Ruleset/Piratez_Globals.rul
loadResources:
  - UFO
requiredExtendedVersion: "7.8"

@Dioxine: Please remove the `loadResources: - UFO` entry from the metadata.yml file.

This attribute is intended for top-level masters only (xcom1, xcom2, etc.)
Not-top-level masters (e.g. 40k, piratez, xcf, etc.) don't need it; and it can cause some file load order issues.
Normal mods (e.g. twots, fmp, etc.) also don't need it and the game already ignores it.

In OXCE v7.9, the game will automatically ignore it also for not-top-level masters (e.g. 40k, piratez, xcf, etc.), but please remove it so that other modders don't copy it from your mod by accident.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4330 on: April 23, 2023, 01:45:30 pm »
@Dioxine: Please remove the `loadResources: - UFO` entry from the metadata.yml file.

I had to add it for the vapor trails to start working. Is it no longer needed?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: April 23, 2023, 02:01:29 pm »
You have made me unsure now.

As far as I know only `resourceConfig: Ruleset/Piratez_Globals.rul` is needed for vapor trails.

But I will double-check and let you know.

Offline Blazen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: April 23, 2023, 02:07:25 pm »
The cold damage mechanic doesn't seem to be working properly. My soldiers are suffering health damage even though their cold resistance is below 200%, but low enough resistance does protect them.

1 of my soldiers, Grinnin Cat, has warrior armour and a shawl, she isn't suffering damage if I take the shawl off though then she starts to. Another soldier, Voodoo Devil, has only warrior armour, no shawl, and she is taking damage.

In the attached save just check their health before and after an end turn.

Likely version upgrade problem. No mission in the last build requires this non-existing region.

Might it be this again? And how do I fix this, I've downloaded N4.0.2 and that's what the log says is being loaded so I assume I installed it correctly but the previous issue I had where the game crashes at the end of the month due to it trying to do a mission in a non-existing region still occurs.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4333 on: April 23, 2023, 02:19:38 pm »
The cold damage mechanic doesn't seem to be working properly. My soldiers are suffering health damage even though their cold resistance is below 200%, but low enough resistance does protect them.

The damage formulas for cold have been changed a few versions ago (more hp damage, less energy damage; which also means hp damage happens at higher resistances). This has been in changelong. As far as I know, the 200% value known to veterans of old version does not appear in any place of the game as official information. If it does, please point it out, and I will correct it.

Offline Blazen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: April 23, 2023, 02:50:54 pm »
In the hostile environment bootypedia page it still says that.