Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433653 times)

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3885 on: March 23, 2021, 08:59:25 am »
In my infinite wisdom I unintentionally concocted some weird Masochist/Witch synergy where Witch serves as meat shield with TU/morale drain from Wand of Pain warfare, followed by a Masochist replenishing all of it using Blood Magic. Theory mostly checks out but in practice the Morale of targeted Witch unit is also drained instead of being replenished. Looked in rules and couldn't explain why this is happening so I removed the "-" from "ToMorale: -2.0" and then it started replenishing Morale as expected. Strangest thing is TU behaves normally as one would expect of Morale. Now I'm bit confused if all Morale affecting tools are reversed in such way.

To reproduce: load save, use Hell Jill's Blood Magic on Spotty Rifle, as shown in the picture.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: March 24, 2021, 08:54:52 am »
Couple old ones I didn't report before:

Eridian Beastmaster and Warchief don't have their own paper doll with armor resistances. Assuming they share those stats with regular Warrior, which does have a doll, there's one slight issue even in that case: if player kills all Warriors on the map and continues the battle next day it becomes difficult to remember or examine what he is dealing with when all that's left are Beatsmasters and a Warchief.

Iron Wind targeting reticle always shows 5-10 damage if ALT is pressed, when it should be closer to 320 in my example. Found out the hard way when I tested it inside my Fortuna some time ago. Dayum. Wonder what was the inspiration for this weapon coz it reminded me similar one from a book I read long ago (same goes for Flechette guns).

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: March 25, 2021, 07:01:01 pm »
Bandit Warehouse mission apparently has a Ships requirement that doesn't really make sense. But either way its NOT listed in the Briefing... only mentions Infiltration... and since "what to wear?" doesn't list ships it HAS to be mentioned.

I dont have any of these ships at any of my bases because I have my Codex ship and a couple Pachyderms.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 07:02:49 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3888 on: March 25, 2021, 08:12:07 pm »
In my infinite wisdom I unintentionally concocted some weird Masochist/Witch synergy where Witch serves as meat shield with TU/morale drain from Wand of Pain warfare, followed by a Masochist replenishing all of it using Blood Magic. Theory mostly checks out but in practice the Morale of targeted Witch unit is also drained instead of being replenished. Looked in rules and couldn't explain why this is happening so I removed the "-" from "ToMorale: -2.0" and then it started replenishing Morale as expected. Strangest thing is TU behaves normally as one would expect of Morale. Now I'm bit confused if all Morale affecting tools are reversed in such way.

To reproduce: load save, use Hell Jill's Blood Magic on Spotty Rifle, as shown in the picture.

Your "infinite wisdom" was quite much planned from the start. As for Morale reverse, it happens if target has >110 BRA.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3889 on: March 25, 2021, 08:19:39 pm »
Iron Wind targeting reticle always shows 5-10 damage if ALT is pressed, when it should be closer to 320 in my example. Found out the hard way when I tested it inside my Fortuna some time ago. Dayum. Wonder what was the inspiration for this weapon coz it reminded me similar one from a book I read long ago (same goes for Flechette guns).

Ask me again about my inspirations, I dare you. Can't you frigging just accept I'm a creative person? There actually was an "inspiration", but it was my own earlier work. Telling you all about it would require telling you my life story, most of which is private. Can't you just buzz off, Neelix? Trying to pick my brain? Use a stone axe.

Iron Wind works as intended.

About lack of Eridian paperdolls: You wrinkle your nose about reused gfx? Pay me, or make new gfx. Or accept I can't do everything.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: March 25, 2021, 09:29:12 pm »
^^ btw.what is that Iron Wind gun ?

(i just couldnot find a much about it, even at google)

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: March 26, 2021, 09:03:16 pm »
First word in new L8 facility needs to be in past participle.
Alenium radar became HWD but kept fickle 80% detection.

Master of the {0} condemnation: remove "instead" word.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 10:13:25 am by Nilex »

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: March 27, 2021, 04:56:48 pm »
Triton and this particular Mansion floor tile set both produce same walking on water sfx.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: March 28, 2021, 06:59:28 pm »
Couple old ones I didn't report before:

what is this Iron Wind,  such the gun ?

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: March 28, 2021, 09:06:03 pm »
Ah somehow I missed your earlier question, my bad. Iron Wind is a special weapon only available while wearing CHORT /DISPERSED armor. To get it is a task in itself. But once you do... Jesus. Most powerful weapon system in the game. Makes Blaster Launcher look like smoke dispenser. For example when fired on Mansion map it creates a 20-square wide sphere in which most matter, living or dead, disappears. It easily washes away landed enemy UFOs too, along with any content inside. Paired with Crystal Skull you basically become an unstoppable matter-sucking Black Hole. As sugar on top the wearer restores bunch of health each turn.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: March 30, 2021, 05:05:57 pm »
Iron Wind is too powerful even for XPZ to contain.

Load save and use selected Chort's Iron Wind on marked target square.
(47% hit chance so it may take a few tries, once hit XPZ always crashes)

No active mods.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 05:08:22 pm by Nilex »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3896 on: March 30, 2021, 05:18:37 pm »
Thank you, fixed. Issue with terrain.

Offline ElGrillo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: March 30, 2021, 11:56:30 pm »
I'm not getting the "condemned!" condemnation.
Actually, I don't remember ever getting it.
Any Idea what It might be?

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: March 31, 2021, 12:33:56 am »
I'm not getting the "condemned!" condemnation.
Actually, I don't remember ever getting it.
Any Idea what It might be?
For whatever reason it's always marked as "Not awarded yet" in the bootypedia. You will never see it obtained after the end of a battle either. It's given by other condemnations (typically murderer). To check all the condemnations a unit has, go to Hands, click on a unit and press the + icon next to a unit's armor. That's the only way you can find out if they have condemned.

Offline aku

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: March 31, 2021, 02:45:27 pm »
So I just noticed that if a syn with a blood axe and nothing in the other hand (so clawed gauntlet because chiller (a)) attacks with the gauntlet he still gets bonus tu and stun damage from the blood axe. Is that intended?