aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1460687 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3795 on: December 07, 2020, 04:34:07 pm »
Hotfixes for L6:

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: December 09, 2020, 02:33:43 am »
Can anyone confirm this graphical glitch in manufacture screen that occurs when list gets super huge?
In the image I'm holding LMB and dragging.
(load save, goto 1st base, open new production menu)

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: December 09, 2020, 09:00:49 pm »
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_TAC_FULL_ARMOR_UC
CHOKING   101 -> 100?
Almost went blind. Hope it's a typo!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3798 on: December 10, 2020, 01:59:41 am »
It's there specially for you to notice it's not 400%, since 100% gets omitted.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: December 10, 2020, 03:02:40 am »
It's far more obvious in-game, just posted pedia link coz it's easiest although difficult to notice in that format (was told it's auto-generated from game). Typically I don't pay attention to resistances unless the armor values passes my "check". Been putting high hopes in every armor that looks like a good successor to old aging Metal I still use (partial replacement began with Synthsuit) but always hit undesired TU or Weight penalty roadblock. That's how I caught it.
Honest to God I don't go around with a magnifying glass or anything like that, just report when I stumble on something that stands out. Have noticed a handful of extra "a" & "the" along my journeys but thought let's leave it as part of the charm.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: December 10, 2020, 06:15:19 am »
This one was easier to spot - https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_HARMFUL_003
Image looks like copya pasta from RU version. Or foreshadows some kind of Euroasian Autonomy dealings? :p
Most out of place thing however is the sudden UI button position / design change.

Props for filling early-game gaps and retrofitting stuff. Researched the topic after one of regular civs I thought I exhausted all topics from suddenly had 6 more added. Provides for some truly unique gaming experience when it develops right under your feet (when it's done right ofc, money grabbin F2P crap excluded). At 35% I'm already fearing the end nearing, like with a good book.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: December 11, 2020, 10:34:20 am »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3802 on: December 11, 2020, 12:58:52 pm »
What's so unbelieveable? I already explained I put these on purpose.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: December 11, 2020, 07:27:51 pm »
Sorry if I missed it but what's the explanation?

Couple more:
If you go into let's say Savvy Girl and follow last 6 research topics she yields, they all break existing UI formatting as in my earlier report. Some have cyrillic text also. Haiku is cool but doesn't fit into established narrative.

Pillow Book debug leftovers in attachments.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: December 11, 2020, 07:44:02 pm »
Sorry if I missed it but what's the explanation?

Any damage value of 100% will not be shown on the ufopaedia. By using the trick of adding 1 Dioxine ensures that a player can notice it is not (the expected?) 400%.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: December 11, 2020, 08:07:55 pm »
Expected: when it's not there it's 100%. Why complicate with arbitrary exceptions?

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: December 11, 2020, 08:19:15 pm »
I cannot really comment on the Dioxine's rationale. But ... this is not the kind of adaption you do on a whim, couple that with impressive work delivered already i assume there is a pretty good reason to go this route.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: December 11, 2020, 08:22:09 pm »
Then that makes two of us :)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: December 12, 2020, 09:13:24 pm »
The point with the non defaults is that lots of people wrongly assuming what the default actually is. 100% for full damage is not a common convention to display. These days we tend to see subtractive models rather then multiplicative.   

This leads to lots of repetitive questions on the defaults, and wrong assumptions because the engine makes defaults invisible without clicking through several more actions. So easier to next nearest % to force display.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: December 13, 2020, 06:44:14 am »
I'm brushing up on my math before taking on School Graduation when I noticed something (attachment).
Presumably automatic formula handles average total damage of weapons (ANAL screen) but gets it wrong with accuracy above 100%. In this case it's Conversion Launcher.

Didn't notice the new analyse screen for weapons until yesterday so I reckon that's one of the new tricks too. Original designer of weapon screens nailed intuitive information presentation so even in XPZ case of many weapons I was able to determine the best one without relying on formula (not at all because it's so damn OP, just how I like it!). One thing I didn't expect however is how relatively powerful Bulldog's 50mm DPM is, although dishing out that damage is short lived. Good work by adding this, thank you.

UPDATE: DPM is also affected. Should be 135.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 07:58:56 am by Nilex »