Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1418394 times)

Offline ZoA

• Captain
  • Please don't go. The drones need you.
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3825 on: December 17, 2020, 07:37:52 pm »

You should change your user name to Neelix  ;D

Offline Skybreaker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: December 18, 2020, 01:44:57 am »
Game crashes when trying to look up JUGULATOR/SYN or JUGULATOR/SYN (SEA) in bootypedia. Same thing if I want to see the result from the research screen. 0-G can be accessed without any problems.

Edit: Built the armor and equipped it. Works normally on missions. Only bootypedia entry crashes the game.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 02:08:32 pm by Skybreaker »

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: December 19, 2020, 06:41:47 pm »
Fired up 0.99L6, and as for small bandit camp mission, if the description in the geoscape is clicked the mission description is displayed ok, but once a craft is sent to engage the mission, the briefing right before the action not..

Edit: on L6, usin the tech tree viewer, other strings are missin, see screnshots
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 08:52:46 pm by gijoe »

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: December 22, 2020, 03:48:43 pm »
Vampires are categorized in Hellerium Extraction but do not yield Hellerium.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: December 24, 2020, 09:16:11 pm »
Advanced Launcher looked like a winner until I saw Snap TU cost. When compared with the rest of its category it's actually the slowest firing. When compared with direct technological predecessor, the Rocket Launcher, it's slightly better but again higher Snap TU cost ruins it. 52% feels as if it should have been 42%, to bring the weapon in alignment with the description.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: December 25, 2020, 11:49:13 am »
I've never had issues with it and I used it quite extensively (MAG rockets FTW!). If you account for the reload cost, you will not be able to fire it twice in a turn anyway, even with 42% TU's. Plus, since it's use requires much thught and planning (having it's user in the right position at the right time against the proper opponent) I never use the 'hail mary' snapshot option - I like to maximize the hit chance for important shots.

On the lore side - if you fire it without really aiming (Snap) it still takes slightly more time to set up, due to advanced electronics, than it's simpler predecessor. While in Aimed you actually use the electronics for faster target acquisition/lock.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: December 25, 2020, 12:55:02 pm »
MAG rockets are a hail mary, period. Next best thing is RR with PS ammo but it instantly becomes worthless in comparison. My point is either the text is wrong or Snap TU cost. 42% brings it in line with other improvements over Rocket Launcher (for example 75% -> 72% for Aimed TU). If 52% stays then RL remains a better choice (less thought and planning required).

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: December 25, 2020, 06:28:33 pm »
Canister Launcher references both ammo types causing armor damage but only chem is mentioned, and three are displayed. Wording is bit confusing so trip to analysis screen is necessary (chem & burn cause armor damage).

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: December 27, 2020, 09:30:10 pm »
Canister Launcher references both ammo types causing armor damage but only chem is mentioned, and three are displayed. Wording is bit confusing so trip to analysis screen is necessary (chem & burn cause armor damage).
The canister launcher is practically worthless anyway, the only benefit is its 1x3 sized. That 3 shot capacity tanks it real hard. Consider it an npc item they can use to wound you, but doesn't really help you out. A pure liability. The chem damage isnt even AOE, and a shotgun with chem is going to destroy people alot worse than that.

But thats not why im posting.
There is a coordinate mismatch for mission generation that I think was supposed to be in southern africa but dioxine got it off slightly, its out in the ocean. Ive had a mission come up here for a Trader's Guild Warehouse too. And yes the mission is on land... without there being an island there.
Playing L6 version.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: January 02, 2021, 07:00:03 pm »
This small bug concerns online BP only. In SERVICES screen all those cyan links are missing an extra #. Currently they are dead links.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: January 02, 2021, 07:09:50 pm »
This screen has white pillar-boxing for some reason (attachment), while every other has regular black pillars. Got it shorty after finishing that 4-stage Red Mage dungeon some days ago (forgot to post then). Interestingly I was unable to find it on online BP. Not even gonna try finding it in-game. My screen ratio setup is black pillar-boxed to 16:10, working as expected until this screen showed up.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: January 05, 2021, 09:30:59 pm »
Ninja Badge loot displays as Weird Thingie even after it has been researched long ago.
UPDATE: same with Merc Bizcard.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 05:03:30 am by Nilex »

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: January 06, 2021, 05:15:16 am »
Prisoners with "Item required" attribute (unlike usual "Item destroyed") take up one additional prison space while they're being researched. Examples are Captive Maiden and few Dr. X states (Hired, Affection, For Sale) and probably all others with same attribute.
Regarding Captive Maiden, its attribute should probably match other captives (Item destroyed) but a free Courtesan is a free Courtesan.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: January 11, 2021, 09:01:10 am »
This one becomes super obvious when you try to replenish stock via manufacture but can't find it there. Only it is but under a nonsensical name. Hellerium Rocket is called Plasma Rocket in manufacture, practically unfindable until you deduce from tech tree it's the item you need. It's logical to apply the name to Fusion Rocket since it takes 2 Hellerium to produce 1 Rocket, similarly to Plasma weapon clips. While Hellerium Rocket also requires Chemicals. Was curious so I checked discord and Plasma is, for whatever reason, accepted by everyone except one bug report which got ignored.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: January 11, 2021, 06:28:04 pm »
Map Errors

Not a lethal bug but look at this terrain mapscripting. Besides the water, that stairway is one way, its also the Only stairway crossing that pier. Hover stuff doesn't work well in chem so I didnt bring it to the mission. (Its a Snakeman Culling). Over on that side are Chryssalids that for whatever reason I just couldn't target from the Building across the street. So I had to sit here with gals and super shotguns hoping to pick off any that wandered close enough by dangling someone on the edge tile (melee range).

Second screenshot is IDK if its actually a bug but for some reason EGGPLANTS are really in style. I forget which map this was, probably one of those psychedelic maps with the sectoweed bales. But look at how it boosted my score. I dont mind but id rather other important things got scored better than something that has zilch game impact.
(If you count the silly mushrooms I basically just got like 400 infamy from crap I found on the ground)

Mission was a Bandit Town but I dont think that matters particularly in this case.

Edit - Third screenshot is a Reticulan base in a hot zone (probe generated) which somehow failed to generate any of the architecture map blocks. It was ironically even tougher to fight than usual because it was ALL out in the open with Zero cover except the ship. Fourth picture the Rets even lined up bunched in one spot on the first turn (the armored car grinded them into pulp though).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 10:28:13 pm by RSSwizard »