aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1418537 times)

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3810 on: December 13, 2020, 09:40:24 am »
Expected: when it's not there it's 100%. Why complicate with arbitrary exceptions?

Most human-like enemies have CHOKE (a.k.a. smoke) damage modifier of 400%, it is the default for humanoids without gas mask or other protection from smoke. So the player might assume that this is the default and not check for, let's say some enemy with gas mask, having 100%.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: December 13, 2020, 09:08:35 pm »
People are so bad at assumptions in this joint. Appreciate the 3rd explanation but I don't meant to brag when I said I got it the 1st time. I'll ask again: why override existing expectation of 100% = blank? Why cater to idiots (excuse my Chateau de la Mort)? So many things to assume in this game but it's decided to handle this one in the most clumsiest way. Part of the charm is allowing players to get royally F'd by their own assumptions. Let them suffer. Let me thrive. Delete 101s.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: December 13, 2020, 11:50:48 pm »
Well sadly you are in the severe minority then, as much as Dioxine might agree with you, it's not worth spending the time to field the same question thousands of times. I've been around the project for years now, and it was the same set of stupid questions over and over, eventually we got tired of the repetition. Only so many times you can politely answer the same slice of stupid. 

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: December 14, 2020, 02:41:30 am »
Feared as much. Well I understand now, the severity might break my back too. If only Meridian could write his "no" script for such questions, we could restore the glorious 100s! Thank you as well for your contributions, whatever they may be. What are the chances I could sneak up tiny changes behind Dioxine's back through you?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3814 on: December 14, 2020, 03:13:06 am »
The practical difference between 100% and 101% is practically nil, so why does it matter anyway if it's 100 or 101?

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: December 14, 2020, 03:49:39 am »
It's an aesthetical design travesty and as of recently symbolizes the downfall of human spirit!
It may appear like I'm having fun with this, but I ain't. Will pain me every time I come across it...

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: December 14, 2020, 04:16:35 am »
More debug text stuff (using en-US.yml hotfix from Discard). Affected research paths are all of them except "Recruit her".

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: December 14, 2020, 04:53:30 am »
With the time you've debated this, it would have been easier to instead use a text editor to replace the offending 101's in the ruleset with 100's. Find and replace is a great feature.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3818 on: December 14, 2020, 06:43:11 am »
101 is as good a number as 100. All numbers are equal. Reject false standards of mathematical beauty, embrace equality!

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: December 14, 2020, 11:15:56 am »
101 is as good a number as 100. All numbers are equal. Reject false standards of mathematical beauty, embrace equality!

Theorem: All numbers are interesting. Interesting is defined as having a unique property.
Proof: Lets assume that there are interesting and non-interesting numbers.
1. There will be one non-interesting number that is the smallest (by absolute value if you consider the negatives too).
2. So the smallest non-interesting number is definitely an interesting number.
3. Now we have another smallest non-interesting number which turns it into an interesting number by 2.
Repeat 2 and 3 for each of the remaining non-interesting numbers.
Theorem -- proven. Hasta la vista baby!

Mind that symmetry is considered beautiful, 101 is symmetric, therefore it is better than 100.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3820 on: December 14, 2020, 02:14:14 pm »
It's an aesthetical design travesty and as of recently symbolizes the downfall of human spirit!
It may appear like I'm having fun with this, but I ain't. Will pain me every time I come across it...

Get off my f***ing back, will you? That nitpicking is annoying as heck. I won't change it. I don't see how this is in any way unaesthetic. Deal with it.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: December 15, 2020, 06:44:28 am »
Is Synthmuscle Mesh supposed to be up there together with Trappings in the Fence list? It's not an armor on its own but a component. While Durathread/Kevlar Mesh, Kevlar/Power Armor Parts components all have their own section down bellow. Think of searching a card in a shuffled deck vs ordered one, except this mtf has over 300 cards. Before anyone mentions, search function slows the process down when moving category items in bulk (if you can even remem the names).
Hope this isn't too nitpicky for our little princess.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: December 16, 2020, 11:44:27 am »
@Nilex (niculinux?)  hey, gosh :/  sustainly nitpitching..

you should be pleased, and gladly thankful -for someone modding and continuously furthetr developes, (practically mostly gratis, for almost no pay´ments) such G-oldie game..
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 01:18:20 am by RolandVasko »

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: December 17, 2020, 12:34:30 am »
I am :)
The same courtesy should go to people who report bugs n stuff. By playing rigorously and taking the time and effort (not everyone is photo-shop artisan) to concisely write up a report. Gratis. As opposed to get called a cheater on the entrance.
The 101 thing is complete bullcrap and will remain for as long as it's there. More so when the reason why is considered. He should have gotten tough when the time was right, lol.
The most funny thing is my short crusade ended on the previous page but people like digging up old graves. So, any uglies whose fingers are tingling: the matter is over. Can't get any clearer than that. If you got anything personal to say go whine to your mom and dad instead. The bugs reports will be coming (but not all of them hehe).

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: December 17, 2020, 11:25:31 am »
In BootyPedia, DOOM 2 armor description omits the minus sign in "Wt: -10" (screen 1), while online pedia shows it. Error is only visual, mechanically OK.

In Tech Tree viewer, Nuclear-Powered Lasers displays redundant School Graduation dependency (screen 2). Hellerium Munitions already have SG dependency. If this is intended for whatever reason (leftover for before HM was added, cleanup of similar cases too complex) then ignore. It's just that it's very obvious here or I wouldn't have spot it.