aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612914 times)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H1 - 15 Sep - Under A Killing Moon
« Reply #4980 on: October 22, 2017, 10:30:38 pm »
By the way RSSwizard, you can make snapshots fire like an autoshot now, using the confSnap tag:

WOW now thats nifty, im glad it got added. However I like the "multiple shots per attack sound effects" that I used and its more accurate if multiple attacks Are being delivered at a time. I can kinda do without emission of projectiles.

I also noticed checking the readme there's some option for being able to load multiple types of ammo into the gun at the same time, though im not sure how to really take advantage of that. Looks like the implementation of a Subweapon like an M203 Grenade Launcher is on the horizon but I dont think its in there quite yet.

(I would have handled this as a Linked Weapon along with an Auxiliary Mode fire option, selecting that causes the weapon's stats to be replaced with the Linked Weapon's stats and it would feed from a different ammo slot. Graphically you would use a different sprite, such as an assault rifle sprite which has the Subweapon highlighted in bright orange, but the differentiation would be up to the person drawing its sprite.)

(Since all of the stats between the linked weapon would be switched you could technically make the linked weapon weigh more, or less, such as for a Really Big Weapon with a Bracing mode and in order to use the weapon at all you have to also ready it too which would also reduce its weight due to easier handling. However since the linked weapon's stats only reflect its Switched state, dropping or unequipping the item switches back to its standard state, so there would be no differentiation when you dropped the item on the map again)

I had recommended Linked Attacks also before but they didn't listen to me.

Thats where you can handle things like a Tranquilizer Dart so that you check to see if it does a certain amount of damage to the target (roll for like 20 Piercing and deliver no health loss). And if the target is affected then they take the linked attack too, which could be like 75 Stun, but which would not be delivered at all if the initial attack didn't get through.

So for example trying to harpoon anybody in armor (Marsec for example) suddenly becomes very difficult since most strikes do nothing to them, but if you do manage to stick them in the right place they go down hard (because their armor didnt stop the needle that time, and they got the full injection).

And with a simple boolean switch to auto-hit or not, you could deliver more realistic shaped charge hits... big massive 125 Piercing hit but then an automatic 50 Explosive hit (take damage from both sources, but they are separate damage rolls). Which means anyone standing right next to it isnt going to get whopped either.

> my face when ive had these ideas ever since at least 2005
> I had started cooking up my own xcom clone, but since im not a programmer it was only conceptual, but there was alot of concept and planning

Offline the Ring Dang Doo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: October 24, 2017, 07:54:23 pm »
Hi guys,

I've just started a game of version .99H, having played version .91 (or something) all the way through.  Lots of cool new stuff already!

I ran the "Recruit:  Castaway Gal" manufacturing process, eager for a new Escaped Lunatic to replace a casualty or three, but the process doesn't seem to have given me anything under Hands or anywhere else.  Where is she?

[edit]Whoops, she just arrived!  Never mind.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:20:39 pm by the Ring Dang Doo »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H1 - 15 Sep - Under A Killing Moon
« Reply #4982 on: October 25, 2017, 05:25:33 pm »
XPiratez is UnDisputed Champion of turn based tactical games, because it contains best writing from top designers everywhere, nice programming, awesome best graphics from top artists from all around the world, amazing music - I use XPiratez,XCOM1/2/Fallout1/2 OSTs -, top quality world-champion class content expertly picked from everywhere. Its like a World's Best Game on the All Time Top 10.

This kind of content cannot be reproduced, since you would have to hire 100 different artists and musicians and task them to achieve the very best creation of their lives, giving their very soul into the project, during 20 years, where they managed to achieve it only a couple times.--> which top achievement of theirs was hand picked during the years and placed into this game.

Assembling a simple game developer company with a handful of peeps cannot hope to recreate this Amazing Richness of Content and absolutely exhilarating story development dynamics.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:28:44 pm by mercy »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: October 25, 2017, 09:28:13 pm »
Come to think of it, one game that semi-recently seriously impressed me on both conceptual and technical levels was Witcher 3. Makes me wonder what they do in Poland to make their games come out right?  ???

@Dioxine: Can you say where GMGEO09 came from? It's a pretty cool track.

Offline Elemiach

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: October 25, 2017, 10:06:51 pm »
POLAND STRONK

Anyways, the game is so challenging that even the GUI itself challenges me so, with each new version of the mod. Why another category change :'( the melee category is gone, now I have to learn dmg types unless I want to scroll thought pages and pages of stuff I always take on the mission with me (because YOU NEVER KNOW).

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: October 25, 2017, 11:20:49 pm »
press q and type in the name of the item desired.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H2 - 28 Oct - Born To Be Wild
« Reply #4986 on: October 28, 2017, 06:59:06 pm »
New big update just arrived. Enjoy the hell out of it : )

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: October 28, 2017, 08:35:51 pm »
I hate you and love you Dioxine!

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: October 29, 2017, 12:38:16 pm »
A new laslock weapon (mini laser shotgun hype), new grafics and tweaks, really worth the time waiting for all this new content!

One question, what exactly is the item 'contraband' supposed to do?
I can buy it for 933.000 and 720hours later I can sell it for 1.000.000.
Is this supposed to be the selling point? getting 67k credits for spending a month and offering 50 vault store?

I'm just a bit curious what the item is all about since I can buy multiple items of these.
Also buff to courtesans! now they can net 25k income while not taking more space than before.
Hiring 2 workers might set the income of one courtesan down to 15k but it's better than 10k.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: October 29, 2017, 12:57:03 pm »
One question, what exactly is the item 'contraband' supposed to do?
I can buy it for 933.000 and 720hours later I can sell it for 1.000.000.
Is this supposed to be the selling point? getting 67k credits for spending a month and offering 50 vault store?
Yep. That's the whole point of contraband: to "exchange" your storage space for some money. It's pretty inefficient, but it's there.

Offline Multiheaded

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99H2 - 28 Oct - Born To Be Wild
« Reply #4990 on: October 30, 2017, 09:10:07 pm »
Dioxine, you're freaking incredible, man. Your mod deserves to be in a strategy/RPG hall of fame. It's immensely better than most paid games nowdays.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: October 31, 2017, 12:46:50 pm »
Dioxine, you're freaking incredible, man. Your mod deserves to be in a strategy/RPG hall of fame. It's immensely better than most paid games nowdays.

Pushing a classic to a new level of awesome.
Also Strix-Zombies in space missions are quite annoying to deal with. In close quarters they always blow up regardless of tool used for my part.
Can't lasso them = boom; can't baton them (because they don't take any daze damage) and everything lethal makes them boom too.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:21:11 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: October 31, 2017, 02:07:07 pm »
Pushing a classic to a new level of awesome.
Also Strix-Zombies in space missions are quite annoying to deal with. In close quarters they always blow up regardless of tool used for my part.
Can't lasso them = boom; can't baton them (because they don't take any daze damage) and everything lethal makes them boom too.

You're not bringing melee weapons into space? Also the life pods LN2 gun prevents the boom on death...

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: October 31, 2017, 03:51:26 pm »
You're not bringing melee weapons into space? Also the life pods LN2 gun prevents the boom on death...

Ofc I did. 5 Spacesuiter with lassos, cattleprods, heavy batons, barbed daggers and handles. I rolled the sleeping satelite mission with zombie crew.
I could've brought rescue pod-crew but I counted and guessed into academy or trader crew, not zombies and freakin' strix-zombies -_-#

1 Basic zombie and 3 strix in this small sattelite was a heck of luck to get the zombies into standing in the large entry-room room and getting podshots on her using lasers, since lasso/dagger/cattleprods makes them go boom AND leave a corpse instead of just downing her K.O. and leave a sleeping one. Still 2 gals out for 16days due to blast-radius.

Nitrogun doesn't boom her? I don't freaking know. If the zombie goes down to the ground it seems to explode every time (by killing it = boom and also by fully overloading it with stun damage it goes boom).

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: October 31, 2017, 04:30:55 pm »
We say this about every other day around here - the explode on death mechanics are the exact same as for cyberdiscs:  Concussive (High Explosive in vanilla), Incendiary, Cutting (Melee in vanilla), and Daze (Stun in vanilla) prevent the enemy from exploding.  For the strix, being immune to Daze, use cutting melee weapons.  Cattle prods and lassos deal secondary stun from a damage type of Electric, which still causes the explosion.  If the dagger (cutting) still causes boom, then that's a bug.