Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609793 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G4 - 15 Jul - Shipwrecked Summer Re-Reloaded
« Reply #4800 on: July 15, 2017, 10:47:39 pm »
+1 for me

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4801 on: July 15, 2017, 11:48:22 pm »
Reuploaded, pls try now.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: July 15, 2017, 11:54:18 pm »
Package fully operational.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4803 on: July 15, 2017, 11:57:39 pm »
Good!

Offline Bacon_Hero

• Captain
  • Why can't I quit you X-Com UFO D
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G3 - 14 Jul - Shipwrecked Summer Reloaded
« Reply #4804 on: July 16, 2017, 09:54:35 am »
Ugh.  Well, that'd mean going back 2.5 months and losing my Metallo, Kustom Handcannons, and basically all my fun toys.

I guess I should tell my story to help future generations not torpedo their campaigns.

I was trying to figure out how to unlock the Library because so much is gated behind Back to School, and I noticed Alliance Favors and Bank favors seemed to be gating similar stuff.  I was trying to get my bounty hunting license past grade C, and the text blurb says that I "Needed to find an additional client".

I assumed this additional client was EuroSyndicate, which is why I took them on.

Two months later I'm pitted against 30+ Gov troops, 2+ tanks, multiple power armors, and I'm actually winning by using shadow, snipers, mortars, and high vantage points.

On the 30th turn I lose anyway because there's a time limit.  I'm feeling bushwhacked here.

(Is it possible to do save file surgery to unresearch the EuroSyndicate deal?  Because honestly I don't think I have the patience to replay 3 months and 30+ battlescape missions.)

I've made a mod that allows you to break Eurosynd deal: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5560.0.html

Hopefully it doesn't have bugs and works as intended.

You'll need $25 million in total to break the deal. You can get that amount early game by hitting alien bases, landed cargo ships and taking lots of hostages, and selling all the loot.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:03:05 am by Bacon_Hero »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: July 17, 2017, 09:15:30 am »
Well his campaign is probably fucked beyond reasonable salvage at this point, mod or no. He failed the government hit, which means he lost everything deployed to the attempt. He's out a craft, gear and likely his best gals, plus the likely exceptionally large score hit. 

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G4 - 15 Jul - Shipwrecked Summer Re-Reloaded
« Reply #4806 on: July 17, 2017, 09:38:57 am »
For some reason i find gauss weapons to be more effective than lasers when used against mercs even though they should resist those.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: July 17, 2017, 10:45:51 am »
For some reason i find gauss weapons to be more effective than lasers when used against mercs even though they should resist those.

Their raw damage is significantly higher, laser weapons, except heavy laser and autolaser are rather low powered.

Offline Bacon_Hero

• Captain
  • Why can't I quit you X-Com UFO D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: July 17, 2017, 05:23:19 pm »
Well his campaign is probably fucked beyond reasonable salvage at this point, mod or no. He failed the government hit, which means he lost everything deployed to the attempt. He's out a craft, gear and likely his best gals, plus the likely exceptionally large score hit.

Ah yeah... unlocking the euro deal early game is potentially a game ending move. Too little cash to buy the ES weapons and the missions are too difficult for 6 to 8 rookie girls. If he unlocked it mid game or later he might be able to roll through these missions but he would probably have guns or alternative ammo that are comparable to or perform better than most ES weapons  ;D ;D. The ion-cannon is really good but the rest are reserve gear for merc missions

You might just be encountering a few instances of RNG -- in my damage model the ES lasrifle outperforms the Gauss Musket on single aimed and multiple snap shots by 16% and 32%. If you auto-shot twice with a gal that has 100 accuracy (with an ES lasrifle) you can do on average 129 damage, which is more hp than what the merc commando has.

===============
Oh er... a bit of feedback about the latest song GMTACTIC4: It's a great pump-up song for a briefing screen but on repeat during missions it gets on my nerves quite quickly.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:30:38 pm by Bacon_Hero »

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: July 17, 2017, 06:59:18 pm »
Oh er... a bit of feedback about the latest song GMTACTIC4: It's a great pump-up song for a briefing screen but on repeat during missions it gets on my nerves quite quickly.

Feel the same about it. The track is also significantly louder than the other ones, making me always adjust the volume when it starts.

I guess it is a "reinterpretation" of this song (which I actually like):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dumV-H-mZX4

============

Edit:
Small suggestion: Put somewhere an indicator for the soldier type. For the starting crew it is clear, but later recruited "escaped lunatics" cannot be distinguished from regular gals, or can they?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:15:14 pm by clownagent »

Offline Absalom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: July 17, 2017, 08:09:08 pm »
Edit:
Small suggestion: Put somewhere an indicator for the soldier type. For the starting crew it is clear, but later recruited "escaped lunatics" cannot be distinguished from regular gals, or can they?

They arrive on base much earlier, and also come in Castaway outfit instead of ganger

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: July 17, 2017, 08:21:47 pm »
And all lunatic type gals have lunatic commendation in there diary page.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: July 17, 2017, 08:32:52 pm »
I thought only the starting six have that commendation?

Another way to recognise escaped lunatics from the regular hands is to look at their stamina and voodoo strength, since both of those stats can go over the regular cap. It may be a good idea to edit your gals' names (prefix them with a custom title or something) if you would like to separate the escaped lunatics, hands, warriors, veterans and freaks.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: July 17, 2017, 08:55:55 pm »
You only really need identification for lunatics and freaks. The other classes are identical when it comes to stat maximums, they just have different initial stats, i.e trading training time for hire cost.   

Offline Mobling

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: July 17, 2017, 09:33:40 pm »
I always distinguish my starting six by removing one of their names and putting = around it. So somebody like Groovy Esmeralda or Metal Bang would become =Esmeralda= or =Bang=. I also replace the first name of the first gal to level up with "Captain" so I can pretend that the person running everything is out there on the field with the other gals. Silly, I know, but it helps my immersion.