aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609632 times)

Offline Dyne

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G2 - 4 Jun - Shipwrecked Summer
« Reply #4785 on: July 14, 2017, 09:35:13 am »
Thank you for finally making mutants try to defend their lives in Pogroms.
It is a very immersive addition.

Offline kayelgee

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: July 14, 2017, 12:57:46 pm »
I'm loving the mod.  Thanks for making it Dioxine.

I'm in month 10 of my second run(first ended around month 6 because of a base invasion while everyone was wounded) and the general feeling is that the mod is not too hard and not too easy either. I've had my 15 brainers by month 4 which boosted my infamy rating to ~5k each month.
I didn't feel like I was money capped at any point.

I've wanted to research the authorized dealers but they got locked behind bank favors recently, which would cost me 5 mil(buying tokens) to get because I somehow don't get any bank bounty missions(only ones I got are destroying the barn and getting coins from the church which got me overall ~400 tokens while having made ~2k jacks and alliance in the meantime). I haven't seen a bank C level mission yet. But I guess that's just bad RNG. Even though I have that 5 mil I didn't feel like it was worth it at that point in the game. I used that money to build up a second base.

I love the lore and I'm excited to see how the game pans out.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: July 14, 2017, 01:58:47 pm »
Guys, calm down. PirateZ is definitely one of the better balanced mods out there. Despite the huge amount of items/enemies. And that is because Dioxine listens to feedback.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G3 - 14 Jul - Shipwrecked Summer Reloaded
« Reply #4788 on: July 14, 2017, 11:22:22 pm »
New version is up (mostly bugfixes). Enjoy.

Offline Riph

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: July 15, 2017, 10:53:10 am »
So what happens if I refuse to go on a EuroSyndicate Elimination Mission?  The text blurb imples "consequences".

I ended up researching the EuroSyndicate missions before Back to School, so there's no way I'm fighting government power armor with my boarding rifles and tac vests.

Offline juff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: July 15, 2017, 10:58:51 am »
missing a eurosyndicate missions gives a massive score penalty of 1500

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: July 15, 2017, 11:16:20 am »
So what happens if I refuse to go on a EuroSyndicate Elimination Mission?  The text blurb imples "consequences".

I ended up researching the EuroSyndicate missions before Back to School, so there's no way I'm fighting government power armor with my boarding rifles and tac vests.

Well, you can buy better weapons from the Syndicate, now.

Offline dessfoxx

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: July 15, 2017, 12:02:01 pm »
Maybe an unusual question, but do you have any copies of older versions for PirateZ? I have an old save file I wanted to go back and tinker around with (the one where I cleared the game) but I don't have the proper PirateZ version anymore. I think my savegame was in the later .98 iteration, but I'm not 100% certain. Is there an easy way to tell just by having the save file? The save file said it was modified back in July of 2016. Anyway, not a big deal, but was just curious if it was still possible to re-visit PirateZ .98.

Offline jessemb

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: July 15, 2017, 12:38:01 pm »
This is one of the most incredible mods I've ever seen.  That it has been added to one of the greatest games of all time is just icing on the cake.  I can't even really call it a mod anymore--it's added a hell of a lot more content than TFTD did.

Thank you for making this incredible game!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:40:01 pm by jessemb »

Offline Bacon_Hero

• Captain
  • Why can't I quit you X-Com UFO D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: July 15, 2017, 03:29:58 pm »
Really good changes... I especially like removing melee threat on the dogs, megascorp and cockroaches. It will make monster hunts and ratman missions much less of a pain.

Heh, I hope you have an old save game. The euro deal is a pretty bad deal. I mean, the ion cannon and euro-heavy-las are decent weapons but it comes at a high score and money cost, especially if you unlocked the deal early game

Anyway, if you have trouble with power armour I would advise you to start manufacturing big melee weapons like spears and barbarian axes. I max strength girl can kill marsec bodyguards in 1 hit with those primitive weapons.

If you want to capture the Govt General alive then you can try feeding him moonshine till he passes out.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: July 15, 2017, 05:17:51 pm »
Well, I just had my first "real" crackdown in this playthrough. Clandestinos: bunch of humanist activists with few instructors and leaders, military police and govt general along with two tanks decided to storm my secondary, underequipped base with 10 gals stationed to defend it. I'll admit I savescummed a bit, since losing equipment worth millions wasn't really an option, but hooded people weren't actually that hard; despite toting plasma weapons, they fell quickly to magnums I had, and tanks (and general) got served some panzerfaust.

All in all, I got 2m+ worth of equipment, some of which I sold, only to spend that money on more hands, more weapons and whole 1 (one) ES laspistol and 1 (one) ES markslaser.

Star Gods are still bombing Europe...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99G4 - 15 Jul - Shipwrecked Summer Re-Reloaded
« Reply #4796 on: July 15, 2017, 09:28:35 pm »
Uploaded bugfix version.

Offline Riph

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: July 15, 2017, 09:53:26 pm »

Heh, I hope you have an old save game. The euro deal is a pretty bad deal.

Ugh.  Well, that'd mean going back 2.5 months and losing my Metallo, Kustom Handcannons, and basically all my fun toys.

I guess I should tell my story to help future generations not torpedo their campaigns.

I was trying to figure out how to unlock the Library because so much is gated behind Back to School, and I noticed Alliance Favors and Bank favors seemed to be gating similar stuff.  I was trying to get my bounty hunting license past grade C, and the text blurb says that I "Needed to find an additional client".

I assumed this additional client was EuroSyndicate, which is why I took them on.

Two months later I'm pitted against 30+ Gov troops, 2+ tanks, multiple power armors, and I'm actually winning by using shadow, snipers, mortars, and high vantage points.

On the 30th turn I lose anyway because there's a time limit.  I'm feeling bushwhacked here.

(Is it possible to do save file surgery to unresearch the EuroSyndicate deal?  Because honestly I don't think I have the patience to replay 3 months and 30+ battlescape missions.)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4798 on: July 15, 2017, 10:05:16 pm »
Hey the article was warning you man, that these guys are shady.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: July 15, 2017, 10:42:34 pm »
Dioxine_XPiratez_0_99_G4.rar doesn't work for me, I cannot open the file. Just me?